Quick Answers / 'Newbie' Questions

in my XP desktop ı had an odd variety of the game with a WORKlNG science age . ı tested it expending one science leader and replayed the same 20 turns afterwards without the science age . ı discovered 5 techs in the first , 4 in the second . Should clear your path to wonders , especially worthy or something if wonders are the path to winning the game .

Thanks for the clarification. I may have to look up this mod you speak of.
EDIT: Thanks for the link!

The later patches added all tiles in the 'fatcross' of a city to be used by citizens. I only tested and used the patches up to version 4 (the last version without the enlarged workable tiles by citizens) as these enlarged options in growth, production and commerce would have caused very massive adjustments and tests in my mod.

I cannot give closer details about the tile management in all versions of those patches.

Does the AI ever actually build/use nukes?

Does the AI ever actually build/use nukes?

Knightfall, yes the AI is using nukes against other AI players and human players. Here you can find the last reports about it for the CCM2.50 mod:

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/ccm2-epic-mod.625812/page-36#post-15956546
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/ccm2-epic-mod.625812/page-36#post-15957016

In that game three human players, who are fresh in playing this mod, are nearly one age behind the AI players in the late stages of the game. Save files, that show that the AI must have been using nukes additionally to the report of a human player are available in that thread.

ı have personally been nuked to hell or something in a game but Als really go at each other if they have some , world opinion be damned .

Knightfall, yes the AI is using nukes against other AI players and human players. Here you can find the last reports about it for the CCM2.50 mod:

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/ccm2-epic-mod.625812/page-36#post-15956546
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/ccm2-epic-mod.625812/page-36#post-15957016

In that game three human players, who are fresh in playing this mod, are nearly one age behind the AI players in the late stages of the game. Save files, that show that the AI must have been using nukes additionally to the report of a human player are available in that thread.

ı have personally been nuked to hell or something in a game but Als really go at each other if they have some , world opinion be damned .
Thanks! In later games (IV, V, VI) I've never really seen the AI build nukes, so I just wanted to see if that was the case here as well.

how does the United Nations actually work ? Does it have a standart frequency , like you can call for elections in -ı think- every 11 turns ? lf ı have 51% of the global population , do ı win ? Or is it the number of civilizations still standing , 3 voting for me out 5 or 4 out of 7 ?

(having lost one or two elections or possibly the game ending 10 years ago , ı avoid it , build it myself so that there will be no vote and so on .)

how does the United Nations actually work ? Does it have a standart frequency , like you can call for elections in -ı think- every 11 turns ?

Every 11 turns it is. The owner of the building can call for an election.

The owner of the building and any tribe with 25% of total population or 25% of total area can be voted for. So that is up to 7 contesters. Usually it is only 2 or 3. If only one nation can be voted for, then the next best nation in terms of population is chosen as a contester so it can be called an election.

Each tribe has one vote. You need more than 50% of all votes to win.

thanks for the detailed answer . Am trying to finish a regent level game with multiple options to win on "a same turn" .

ı failed . Last available election was on the 530th . ı had two cities above 20K at 532th . As such ı can confirm single city cultural victories do not need double the score of Al , with Madrid at 13500 . Had 60% land - 77% population . To kill Japan , ı had either to sign a right of passage with Maya , which ı would have break real soon to kill them or fight within 20 turns of last signing of a peace treaty . Which ı didn't want to . 9 of the spaceship parts and overall score , too . Luckily ı have no issues with replaying the same map for ages .

edit : ı also discovered that in the epic game there are indeed no issues as to fielding slave workers or "free" settlers from newly conquered towns . Doesn't happen in the scenario ı tend to play because the settlers and workers over there are like race specific or updated with a tech during gameplay and they are no longer "the" settlers and workers the game recognizes as such .

Last edited:
Hello, first of all I am glad to see this forum active and very much alive, after so many years :) I know this is not the correct thread for my question, but I didn't find an appropriate one and don't want to open a new topic.

I am playing Conquests on a laptop, where the F-buttons are disabled by default. I am terrible in computing and enabling the "normal" F-functions is too complicated for me. Is there any alternative way to see the relevant screens that would normally be available between F7 and F11?

The only 2 that come to mind:

F8: Alternative is the "V", for Victory Screen, at the bottom right of your Map Screen.
F9: Alternative is the "P", for Palace Screen, at the bottom right of your Map Screen. :)

Shift + E for espionage, right?

the very reason ı rushed to buy a keyboard . My fifth or sixth since 2013 but worth the money . Though might be a chore if you are taking the laptop around . Not using wi-fi mouse / keyboard things but ı know they need a device plugged into an USB port , would you have to take that out everytime you leave the house ?

Thank you all for the quick responses :) Yes, I have figured out those for espionage, victory and palace, but my personal favourite is F11 (really pretty statistics) and the one indicating where the AI is building wonders is also useful. Probably I will have to consider buying a keyboard, after all.

Do you have a Fn key on your keyboard, probably on the bottom-left side by crtl, alt, and the windows key?
Some laptops have the top row labeled as f1-f12 and some have them labeled with actual functions, like music and display options.

Top Bottom