Quick Answers / 'Newbie' Questions

No place I am aware of. It just happened that I had a German game loaded and was sure Mil got cheap harbors. I opened a town to see and it was 30 shields, so verified. I always remember as I was surprised the first time I noticed it.

BTW cheap, means 1/2 price.

from Zardnar`s review...

The Seafaring trait is an interesting. Naval units gain +1 movement and have a reduced chance of sinking when away from land. Also seafaring civs gain half priced harbors and commercial docks and get extra commerce for coastal cities.

hello to all, i would like to ask something.

i complete the parts of the spaceship, but i can launch it. Can anyone help me?

You go to the spaceship screen (which you can get by pressing the little button with an S on it in the bottom right hand corner of the screen) and then press the launch button.

AFAIK you do not do anything. In C3C it launches as soon as you finish all the parts. Not like
Civ2, where you can launch prior to finishing all parts with a button.

I believe there is a bug in the game that stops the launch. check the bug thread to find it.

I think you have to delete the ship movie or something like that.

I think that if another victory condition has been met you can still go to the spaceship screen and press launch but nothing happens.

Why is it that sometime I can't build wonders in a city? I have two nearly identical cities, in one, I can build any wonder that is not under construction, in the other, all of the wonders are grey'd out, unable to be constructed. What's the reason for this? I have 5 turns left on a marketplace and I want to switch to a wonder but I can't :(

Why is it that sometime I can't build wonders in a city? I have two nearly identical cities, in one, I can build any wonder that is not under construction, in the other, all of the wonders are grey'd out, unable to be constructed. What's the reason for this? I have 5 turns left on a marketplace and I want to switch to a wonder but I can't :(

Most often this happens because you did a chop or something to put "tainted" shields in the box. Wonders must be done cleanly or with Leaders as appropriate

Most often this happens because you did a chop or something to put "tainted" shields in the box. Wonders must be done cleanly or with Leaders as appropriate

aww crap I've been chopping around, some must have gotten into the marketplace build. Thanks for answering so fast, this has happened a few times and it's been pissing me off!:crazyeye:

aww crap I've been chopping around, some must have gotten into the marketplace build. Thanks for answering so fast, this has happened a few times and it's been pissing me off!:crazyeye:

interestingly enough... I asked that same question here a few years back. :lol:

I asked the same question about 6 months ago... a few months after finding this site. :D

I'm very curious: Has anyone ever been able to build the Iron Works in the capital city?

I'm kind of dreaming about playing a 20k culture game, and being able to build it. :lol: It comes rather late in the game though, and early wonders matter much more, but still…

I'm very curious: Has anyone ever been able to build the Iron Works in the capital city?

I'm kind of dreaming about playing a 20k culture game, and being able to build it. :lol: It comes rather late in the game though, and early wonders matter much more, but still…

Yes, in an early Warlord game I played, as China. It was only about the 2nd time I even got the option to build it, IIRC. Boosted me to over 100 spt, as I recall. . . .

kk

Nice to know it's possible!

I'm not crazy enough to think that building Iron Works in a 20k city qualifies as a strategy, or even a plan… But still, that's what I'll aim for! :crazyeye:

How do I launch tactical nukes from the nuclear submarine I loaded them on? I don't see the bombard button usually used for nukes, ICBMs and cruise missiles.

It's easy to do this when you make your own map. :mischief:

Top Bottom