Quick Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, lets say I have a saved game on a world map scenario. Now, I want to add in Hidden Nationality for Guerillas. Can I mod my .sav file so it accepts these new modifications for the scenario? or do I have to restart the map alltogether?

I am playing a game on PTW 1.27f that I downloaded from a thread on CFC and it has been modded in a way I don't understand.

The game has fascism and feudalism as governments. I don’t have Conquests so I don’t know anything about these governments.

Question 1: Is there a thread that explains them, or another way I can learn about them?

Question 2: How would these get put into a PTW game?

The game also has some units I have never seen before – a “cruiser” and an “M48” are the units I have come across so far. The first time the game tried to build a “cruiser”, it failed because pediaicons.txt did not have an entry for the unit. I copied the “AEGIS Cruiser” entry and created a “cruiser” entry and was able to continue, though there are no graphics on the build list for cruiser.

Question 3: Is there a standard modpack or something that has these units?

Question 4: Can I take them out of the game mid-game?

I tried posting to the original thread but the game creator is not responding.

I have never downloaded anything to modify the game, nor have I used the editor on any games.

@zeerksees:I would post back in the thread you d/l'd it from, and ask what mod and where you can get it. that's probably the best option for you.

Originally posted by Ukraineboy
OK, lets say I have a saved game on a world map scenario. Now, I want to add in Hidden Nationality for Guerillas. Can I mod my .sav file so it accepts these new modifications for the scenario? or do I have to restart the map alltogether?

You could probably hack the save file, but as for using the editor to do this, it's not possible.

vanilla: no
PTW: yes (all included army units must have naval assault ability)
Haven't tried C3C yet.

I'm pretty sure that in C3C if the army is populated by like units, those traits carry over. So an army of conquistadors would have 12 movement points, pillage every turn. Marines would have the amphibious assault, plus an extra move.

How can I take over 'island cities' meaning cities that are on one land title surrounded by water in the original Civ 3 game?

Use Marines. Or Beserkers. Or go to war with the civ that owns it, and after taking enough cities from them you can ask for it in the peace deal.

Is there any way of checking which victory methods are selected when your halfway through a game? I want to go after the Spaceship but I can't remember if I tagged it or not, and don't particularily want to play another 10-odd hours just to find out I haven't...

If you're playing C3C you can look at the victory status screen, and it will tell you what conditions are active.

I think, but I'm not sure, you can start a new game, and when you get to the civ selection/victory condition, it will have the conditions for the last game as the default.

You could also mosey on over to the Utility program section, and I think Gramphos' Multi-Tool program will tell you what conditions are active.

I believe the game is over when all the wonders have been built. Whoever has the most wonders wins....I think. There was a thread on this a month or two ago, I think.

Edit: It looks like you get 10 points for each wonder built. Then when all have been built the game is over. Highest score, (not points from wonders) wins, like an abreviated histograph win.

At least, that's what I picked up on in the threads.

Thanks, I would have looked it up but it seems the search option has been disabled for a number of days.

A number of months would be more accurate.

Actually, it wasn't hard to find.

Sort by thread title, reverse it, and set the 'look back' feature for 100 days, as opposed to the thirty it was. There were four different victory condition threads in that time.

This works for just about any subject. You just have to figure out if what you're looking for is going to be in the thread title. It can, and sometimes does, take a bit of work to find it. I was scrolling through the C3C FAQ looking for it. I hate it when I mis-remember where something is. Happens more and more. . .

So. . .enjoying you're 20 inches of snow up there? We only got about 8 down here in KC. . .

Hello all... I remember reading somewhere that temples and maybe libraries as well give more culture after a specific amount of time.. I've observed this in my games as well, as have most of you, I am sure.

Does anyone know the specifics of the amount of time before the increase and the change of culture for each improvement? I can't seem to find this info anywhere.

And it happens every 1000 years!

:confused: Either i'm misunderstanding, or you've made a mistake Padma. The culture only doubles once no matter how many thousands of years pass, not every millenium.

Maybe this is a bug, but I was wondering why I do not get culture points for existing Wonders in a city I just conquered? I never really noticed this until I took a city with the Sistine Chapel in it. When I viewed the city it showed no culture per turn. A similar question to this would be in regards to other improvements (ie. temples, etc.), do they also not produce culture points after an armed take over?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom