1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions and Answers

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by ori, Sep 25, 2010.

1. Skooks

Skooks Chieftain

Is there a way to add a custom civ into the default list without having to go through the MyMods tab in game?

2. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

Custom civs are mods, and must be loaded through the mods menu.

3. rover6695

rover6695 Prince

Currently in my Civ5 BNW Mod game my auto save is doing it every 10 turns. How can I change it so it auto saves every turn or at least more frequently? Is it possible to do this with a game already in progress (or must I begin a new game)?

Also, how often do you auto save? I think I read doing it every turn can make the game a lot slower....any truth?

4. Browd

You can do it mid-game and don't even have to exit the game to do it. In-game, fire up the main menu and select Game Options. Set your autosave interval there, along with the number of versions to save (I have 1 turn autosaves and keep 500). It probably makes turns a bit slower, but I don't care.

5. komodowaran

komodowaran Warlord

small question:
    does aztec culture from kills and honor barb kill's have a impact on great writers when using them to for culture ?
    and does this culture from kills get impacted my 1. in fair ?

6. rover6695

rover6695 Prince

Thanks!

7. durron597

durron597 Chieftain

1. Do Mobile SAMs always intercept?
    2. What if they've Melee attacked?
    3. What if they've moved?
    4. What if they're in a City?
    5. What if your opponent has Air Swept first? Can a Mobile SAM intercept an enemy air sweeping?
    6. Do they intercept all the other planes attacking in that area or just one per Mobile SAM?
    7. Do they always intercept or is there a failure chance %?

8. enkryptor

enkryptor Chieftain

Ingame description of the Survivalism I buff is "+5 HP healed per turn outside of friendly territory and +25% Defense". Does "+25% Defense" include defense from ranged attacks, or it's only for melee?

9. mrddt

mrddt Chieftain

Unhappiness & food. Question about sequence:
    Let's say I have several cities, my current happiness is 0, and one of the city will grow next turn, making -1 happiness. Will the penalties (such as -75% food) apply before food added to the city pool or after? (in other my cities) In other words, will I lose 75% of food (and 2% production) in other cities this turn, or following turns if I won't fix happiness problem?
    Thanks!

10. mrddt

mrddt Chieftain

Ok, I checked it on my own. Food in other cities will be added to the food pool WITH the penaltie (75%). So, food will be lost same turn.

11. psparky

psparky Prince

Wow, that seems very weird. The growth and unhappiness only occurs when the food is added, so I was sure it wouldn't affect the same turn. Maybe it depends on the the order in which cities are processed, so only cities after the one with growth suffer the penalty.

I mean, what about the city that grew. Was it's food reduced, and then what if that would prevent it from growing. :crazyeye:

12. claudiupb

claudiupb King

I think it's this, it's been like this in other iterations of the game and I don't see why they would change it. I remember in Civ2 when you lost building because you couldn't afford maintenance it happened just like this. Each city was processed one at a time and each city would pay for maintenance, when the cash was out the city that was currently processed lost the building it couldn't pay for. The order of city processing was the order in which they were built.

13. Volcanon

Volcanon Warlord

That was why spending ALL of your money was dangerous in older games because if you ever got to -1 between beginning of turn and being able to do anything you lost a unit or a building.

14. kekkuli

kekkuli Chieftain

I have this question about a city. So happened that i founded a new city, and went war with ottomans. When i was waging war with them, a mongol horde attacked and conquered my newly found city. When war was over and i destroyed the mongol invaders, they gave me my town back begging for peace.

But now what is happening is nothing; my town doesn't grow, it doesn't produce anything but a little bit of gold, can't build anything, its just saying - in the time how long it takes to build, and has been like that for about 600 years (epic game pace) At first i thought do i really have to build courthouse here or something but i can't...and yeah i annexed the city. Also improving tiles seem to have no effect with this thing.

I don't know if this is a bug or if i'm doing something wrong, i'm new player anyways. Or did the mongols scare the :) :) :) :):) :) :) :):) :) :) :):) :) :) :) out of my folk there and now they're refusing to work?

O now i got it...it wasn't working any tiles! damn mongols....always learning new things bout this game.

15. beetle

beetle Deity

Getting your own cities back and there will not be a choice about annexing.

But your problem is probably a serious bug that was never patched: Cities you get in peace deals on the AIs turn sometimes do not work the center tile. This is a severe handicap for any city, but for small cities it is absolutely crippling. The work around is to only accept cities on your turn and never on the AIs turn.

16. twentyapm

twentyapm Chieftain

Hey guys.

What flavor does Guided Missile belong to? Is it just air? I was wondering to see if I could make a certain Civ have a high flavor for specifically Guided Missiles.

17. Typhlomence

Typhlomence Magical Tomomo

Looking at the base game XML, the Guided Missile's highest flavour is actually offense, at 15. Its other flavours are naval, defense and air at 5, 2, and 2 respectively.

I'm not sure how multiple flavours factor in here, but perhaps if your leader has both high offense and high air flavours, it might be more likely to build them. Of course, it would be more likely to build the other units associated with those flavours too, so I'm not sure you could get them to build lots of Guided Missiles in particular (especially since many military units have the offense flavour). If this leader has a UU that replaces the Guided Missile, then perhaps you can change that UU's flavours so that it's the most attractive unit to the leader.

18. Volcanon

Volcanon Warlord

Do nukes blow up a spaceship in Civ 5? How can i get rid of an AI spaceship? When I blow up their capital the spaceship seems to magically jump to the new capital, parts and all.

19. Browd

You can't destroy spaceship parts after they have been attached to the spaceship being assembled (if you completely eliminate a civ from the game, their spaceship will disappear, but short of that, nope). You can destroy SS parts on the ground, before they get attached to the spaceship.

20. KaptainK714

KaptainK714 Warlord

for the 2nd game in a row I don't get a GP/missionary at the set faith points. there seems to be a 10-12% penalty. it is happening on both Prince and King levels. although i can set to remind me later even though I"m not at Industrial era. What should I look for as a setting? playing G&K