1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions and Answers

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by ori, Sep 25, 2010.

1. Cicerosaurus

Cicerosaurus Emperor

I can't understand it. I'm playing with tithe, Germany and several Mods and getting the gold.

Knightfall likes this.
  2. vorlon_mi

vorlon_mi Just One More Turn

In BNW, how does the cultural victory work for Civ's that have been eliminated from the game? Is there a record somewhere of the culture they generated, when they were alive? Or does my tourism only need to exceed the culture of the AI Civ's left alive?

Knightfall likes this.
  3. beetle

beetle Deity

@vorlon_mi — your tourism only needs to exceed the the culture of the AIs left in the game. It is not unusual to have influence over all but one civ, and so you go to war and wipe them off the map. Probably you will not have to eliminate them entirely, but you will need to take their Capital and best core cities.

Knightfall likes this.
  4. vorlon_mi

vorlon_mi Just One More Turn

Thanks, @beetle . Yes, I'm dominating everyone but the Maya, who built a lot of culture. Only their capital is left, but I will probably need to invade and take it. Unless I want to win by space first ...

Knightfall likes this.
  5. Xiomn

Xiomn Chieftain

Does anyone know where the Free Units Settler line is in all of JFD's Civilizations Mods folders? I'm trying to find it so I can adjust the free units settlers from 1 to 3. I have done this for all other Civ's apart from JFD's as the line doesn't seem to exist anywhere, but it must be somewhere because the Civ starts off with free units like everyone else.

???

Knightfall likes this.
  6. catalin72

catalin72 Prince

I have Civ V Complete in Steam,but I can't start it,is a message about an update,pressing taste for that update,nothing.Can help me someone?

Knightfall likes this.
  7. PiR

PiR Prince Supporter

Hi everyone,

Sorry, I didn't see this thread before opening this one.

I'm testing a Civ 5 mod and I have a simple question about the fog of war.

I scouted some terrain, then later on the Romans appeared (delayed spawn) and I saw their capital:

I have tried a quick Vanilla game just to check if this mechanic was there, and I could see borders expanding and city created in my fog of war (for parts that I had explored). But this situation without delayed is hard to recreate. I guess if it can happen, it would be rare, because you most of the time encounter a civ before they implant a city in a territory you have already explored.

Can this happen on Vanilla also?

Knightfall likes this.
  8. PiR

PiR Prince Supporter

Does anyone know if AI swaps great works of art with AI?

Knightfall likes this.
  9. Tiberiu

Tiberiu Warlord

Hi, interesting question, even though I can hardly imagine how this information would help us in a game. I just assume that they do, because they will swap works of art if you display one, so AIs know how to swap. And they put works of art at display so other AIs should exchange when they see opportunity for theming bonus. Not 100% sure, though. I guess it could be tested in a prince game on quick speed with england and vs 2 other civs and use your spies to see if they switch any works of art.

Knightfall likes this.
  10. PiR

PiR Prince Supporter

This question is here to help Rhye :)

You mean sometimes you put a work here and they swap with you?

upload_2021-4-27_18-59-19.png

Knightfall and Tiberiu like this.
  11. Tiberiu

Tiberiu Warlord

Yes. I normally never put a piece for swap but in a game I tried to put just to see what happens and they automatically swap in their turns if they can make theming bonus (you receive notification like "Greece swapped your work of art for one of theirs", something to that effect. This is why I say that they most probably swap works of art between themselves, just as they swap luxuries and open borders.

Knightfall and PiR like this.