1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions and Answers

Discussion in 'CivBE - General Discussions' started by joncnunn, Oct 21, 2014.

1. _SiX_

_SiX_ Chieftain

Quick question about maybe a bug. Game terms: quick turns, map size: normal (8th civilizations), map type: protean , no mods - and no achievements after won as Hutama and Promised Land victory con. Guys pls help i don't know what i could do. I try 3 times with other civs and Promised Land and still no achievement.

2. forty2j

forty2j King

Road from city to capital, or completely visible coastline.

3. LordBaal

LordBaal Sistem Lord

I will. :goodjob:
    Many thanks!

4. Paradigne

Paradigne Emperor

It works like any other unit you own. The flying units are awesome, 3 moves, any terrain, great for exploring. The ranged ones only move one tile and apparently cannot swim. Those are the only two I have received.

5. Leathaface

Leathaface Emperor

Early game what Siege unit should I use to lower a citys defences so I can capture it? I read that Rangers and Marine's aren't strong enough.

6. blacai

blacai Chieftain

How do I know if aliens are angry with me?

I saw in some threads people say "they are blue/green", but I couldn't find anything. At least in my games when I see aliens' units they have always a green icon.

Am I missing anything?

Also, about the affinity progress bar. I see I have levels and a small progress bar. How do I fill it? And more important... for what is that progres bar for each kind of affinity?

Thanks.

7. joncnunn

joncnunn Senior Java Wizard Moderator

Moderator Action: Alien Status & UI Question merged to Quick Questions

8. joncnunn

joncnunn Senior Java Wizard Moderator

Green is Neutral NOT friendly. At Neutral they will attack if you get too close.

Blue is Friendly where they won't attack. Requires you to have a nest within your territory for a few turns.

Red is more hostile where the range they go after you is higher.

9. Teadrinker

Teadrinker Chieftain

I can see how to purchase in the city screen, but is there a way to build a few turns and then rush/buy the rest?

10. rantzzz

rantzzz Chieftain

Haha like in MOO2? :D

I would like to know this as well

Also, is there maximum number of buildings in a given city at any point?

11. m15a

m15a Emperor

I was looking at screenshots on the Civilization Twitter and noticed that their map is colored differently than on my computer. On my computer, everything looks greyish, but the Civilization Twitter screenshots have bright blue water and green land. I've seen both versions in review screenshots, too. Did the pre-release build have a higher contrast map or is something else going on?

EDIT: oops. I mean the mini-map in the corner, not the overall map.

12. darkskies

darkskies Warlord

I was given an alien unit on a small island, it can't go in water. Is there some tech or something that I'm missing that can teach aliens to swim or do I just delete it.

13. mnf

mnf King

It acts the say way as your Explorer. If it refuses to go into the water, switch to another unit first and try. If still not, wait a turn and try the next turn. I remember I had the same problem once, but it felt more like a UI problem. Not sure exactly how it was solved but I did get that alien in the water.

Make sure you have the Planetary Survey tech (leaf tech of Habitation, the one tech you start the game with).

Terrain have a few different set of colorings for different planet settings. IIRC arid/lush/fungus etc get different overall color themes.

Don't think there is. I've never wanted to build so many buildings in one city to worry about that :p

14. Yameson

Yameson Chieftain

Once production of a building/unit is completed in a city, where does it tell you what you just built? I know Civ V displayed what you finished as you were selecting a new building/unit to produce.

Sorry if this has been asked before. New to the forum.

15. forty2j

forty2j King

Unless you manage to tame a sea dragon, it can't swim.

16. forty2j

forty2j King

Uhh.. from your memory, or from your notebook you're keeping next to your computer. (Nothing in-game tells you.)

17. Yameson

Yameson Chieftain

Ya, memory worked for the first 5 cities. Now I have 9. Remembering which building I picked in 9 cities, 12 turns ago, while fighting a war with the pesky KP has become an issue. Definitely enjoyed the reminder in Civ V. Right now I find myself scrolling through the constructed buildings in the city screen to freshen my memory.....definitely a step back.

Last time I had to use a notebook with a game was Riven. At least back then they provided one with the game. Cahmaaaan!

18. blacai

blacai Chieftain

Be sure you don't have units in the tile of the city.

19. jlc22

jlc22 Chieftain

Question about victory conditions. In the Advanced Setup, if you turn off all the victories other than Domination Victory, does that include the AI or is that only for the player (like OCC)? I'm still only on my third game but want to give it a shot to see if that makes the AI more aggressive.

Spoiler :
    I did get fairly early rushed by Kozlov and Hutama on my second game (Gemini) around turn 80 but after beating them back it turned out to be a peaceful game. My first game on the difficulty below Gemini I was 2.5-4x ahead on points and won the Promise Land victory and didn't get attacked once. Current game I will probably end up as a war monger to go for domination but all the civs are currently neutral or friendly.

20. Sequitor

Sequitor Chieftain

One difference (at least in my experience) is that you can't heal your alien units, so it is a depreciating asset.