Quick Questions and Answers

You can only buy tiles in the first three rings of tiles around the city center tile. If the tile you want to buy is 4 or more tiles out, no can do.

How do I get more spies? I've had quest rewards where I get more with certain buildings but forget.

Is it a bug, or a UI problem that not all quest choices are showing on building tool tips? I choose +5% military production on armory almost every time, but I don't actually know that it's working since the armories still say 10%... very confusing.

2 questions:

1) Does the cost of purchasing what you are currently producing not decrease based on how much production you have already put into it?

2) What do the left and right arrows on the trade routes mean? I only have 2 cities and I look at available routes and they both show the same thing. I was thinking that one must be what one city gains and the other would be what the other city gains, but in the Trade Overview the data is the same regardless of which city is originating.

2 questions:

1) Does the cost of purchasing what you are currently producing not decrease based on how much production you have already put into it?

2) What do the left and right arrows on the trade routes mean? I only have 2 cities and I look at available routes and they both show the same thing. I was thinking that one must be what one city gains and the other would be what the other city gains, but in the Trade Overview the data is the same regardless of which city is originating.

1) No. They're completely separate, so you can, for example, buy a worker half way through building a worker and still have that progress. (You shouldn't put production into buildings you're going to buy.)

2) Left is incoming to the city sending the route.

1. It does not. There is no discount for purchasing a partially completed building or unit.

2. Left arrows show what the originating city receives from the trade route, and right arrows show what the destination city gets. Particularly for internal trade routes, the originating city does not always get more than the receiving city and they can, by happenstance, get the same amount.

...is this a changei from Civ 5?

Or a bug? o.0

In one game I bought all the tiles leading up to an oil resource four tiles away, hoping that border growth would prioritize the strategic resource over basic resources...it did not.

Does building the same building more than once in multiple cities decrease quest delay?

Is the strategic resource on a hill and the basic on flat land? It still *should* favor the strategic resource (uh, strategically speaking), but that might explain why.

Yes, it does. (According to someone on the boards that checked the files.) Each building adds to your probability of getting the quest each turn.

These questions should probably be in the stickied quick questions thread, btw.

Moderator Action: Two short question answer threads already answered merged into Quick Questions and Answers

Is the strategic resource on a hill and the basic on flat land? It still *should* favor the strategic resource (uh, strategically speaking), but that might explain why.

The oil that was 4 tiles away was on a coastal tile and the basic resources were on flat land.

Is there a courthouse type building in BE? If not, how are you supposed to get rid of the extra unhealth?

Is there a courthouse type building in BE? If not, how are you supposed to get rid of the extra unhealth?

No - a popular choice is to ignore healthiness. The other option is to build all of the +health buildings, biowells, prosperity +health virtues, etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The connection between my capital and a city is blocked by a ship although when they are connected by road.

Is this normal?

I've been told I can help improve MP stability by logging DCs/crashes and sending them to 2K. What's the procedure for this?

In the advanced setup screen, what does strategic balance for resources do? I know this is a carry over from Civ V, but now I realize I never bothered to learn what that meant, before...

The connection between my capital and a city is blocked by a ship although when they are connected by road.

Is this normal?

This happens in civ 5 too. I assume it's intended.

I get to level 2 but no gunner? Civpedia no help. What gives, resource or tech missing.

Do you have the required tech to build them? That's probably why you can't upgrade them.

Here's my question: if someone destroys your exodus gate and you have nearly 20 settlers settled, can you still win the game or does the victory condition compel you to rebuild the gate?

Top Bottom