Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Can someone clarify if I'm understanding the civilopedia entry for corporations properly?

- Corporate offices can only be built in the founding civ's cities
- Corporate franchises can only be created in foreign cities
- Foreign civs get no benefit or penalty from having franchises in their cities

Yes, it's pointless to give your girlfriend any gift after she's fallen in love. The marriage phase...

sometimes i think, that AI is designed by girl. same inapprehensive, maybe more. it's a same question of time when you are going to get denounced for stopping to do what is expected of you :D :D while doing everything right is just obviousness

Can someone clarify if I'm understanding the civilopedia entry for corporations properly?

- Corporate offices can only be built in the founding civ's cities
- Corporate franchises can only be created in foreign cities
- Foreign civs get no benefit or penalty from having franchises in their cities

Well, you build your headquarters first. Then you can build corporate offices in your cities. Usually, the more offices, the bigger the bonus in each city.
By sending a trade route from an office to a foreign city, it creates a corporate franchise in that foreign city. The franchise itself does nothing to the other civ, but it usually improves your trade routes towards that city.

How can one break out of an endless cycle of denounciation?

I made the mistake of forcing through an unpopular bill in the World Congress. This caused condemnation, and widespread denounciation which snowballed to eventually include nations that are neutral, or even friendly to denounce me (presumably since denouncing me will grant a minor diplomacy bonus with every other nation now).

I've tried granting gold to everyone, passing numerous (universally liked) World Congress bills, avoiding wars, condemning other nations that are universally disliked, and all to no avail. Any ideas? Or am I trapped until the end of the game as a pariah?

I made the mistake of forcing through an unpopular bill in the World Congress. This caused condemnation, and widespread denounciation which snowballed to eventually include nations that are neutral, or even friendly to denounce me (presumably since denouncing me will grant a minor diplomacy bonus with every other nation now).

I've tried granting gold to everyone, passing numerous (universally liked) World Congress bills, avoiding wars, condemning other nations that are universally disliked, and all to no avail. Any ideas? Or am I trapped until the end of the game as a pariah?
When a cycle of denounciation is launch, your actions no longer influence it. The other civs no longer care about what you have done, they just denounce you to have the diplomatic bonus "we denounced the same person".

The only way to put an end to this is to manage to break the group denouncing you. (A good way is a world war, but if you are denounced by everybody, it is kind of difficult). Take any opportunity to side with one two of them and denounce the others, if some conflict start to happen.

But mostly, it is too late. When making a decisions that will alienate you a huge part of the other civs, you have to make sure they hate each others beforehand, so that the cycle never start.

Any tips for preempting a cycle of denounciation, when attempting to pass a universally disliked World Congress bill?

I'm thinking maybe if I bribe as many of the World Congress members as possible into voting for it, they'll be complicit and won't begrudge me for passing it... right? Maybe someone has tried this before, or has better ideas?

Ha! Once you get labelled as the world's baddy, as you've seen lots of civs will jump on the circlejerk to get those sweet diplo gains. It can be tough to get out of, as the denunciations come up for renewal on different turns, so it's all too easy for the AIs to keep denouncing you for the diplo bonuses even if your behaviour alone doesn't warrant a denunciation.

If you keep trying to mollify them, eventually they will come round. Don't denounce in retaliation, as this wil entrench their position. In unmodded games alliances get shaken up when ideologies come around, but I'm not sure ideologies are as important to diplomacy in VP. But eventually another civ will go on the rampage and become the world's pariah in your place.

On the other hand, you might have quite a wait before your rehabilitation, during which time you'll have to avoid warmongering and controversial proposals. Maybe it's better to embrace your status as world villain and deal out some punishment to those impudent civs who dare to question your actions.

When I use modpack, I can't find Communitas map option in game setup. I've copied files appropriately and I can see "Communitas.lua" file in Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLCvoxpopuli.11.6.teamsmac\Mods\(1) Community Patch (v 88)\Mapscripts folder.

On the other hand if I use autoinstaller and activate Vox Populi as a mod, I can use the map.

Can someone help me? Why is Communitas script unavailable in modpack even though the file is correctly located?

Any tips for preempting a cycle of denounciation, when attempting to pass a universally disliked World Congress bill?

yeahm like Moi said. wait nad watch the others. nothing more you can do about this. because hostility in these versions is anything rare, they will start intrique against each other for whatever reason. may take short or long time. depends on your position and your sins. But overall, if most of civs denounced you just for diplo modifier or for unpleasant proposal, it would not take longer than 50 turns, unless you will bring another oil into a fire.

Hey guys I just got back from a long break and I'm kicking off a new game. This time I'm going to try STANDARD SPEED, I normally played Epic.

I'd like to hear your opinions on standard speed when it comes to warfare/competitiveness. Such as, do you feel that the technology lifespan is long enough for each military unit?

At the moment i'm playing a game as sweden and i've just taken the capital of Alexander.
when he asks for peace he offers me one cities and after that the game start to glitch

Alexander used to be master of Ethiopia, but now he's the vassel of Haile.
That also means i shouldn't be able to make peace with Alexander, but i can.

Is there anything i can do to prevent the glitching and still be able to play this game with out having to give back his capital?

Alexander used to be master of Ethiopia, but now he's the vassel of Haile.
That also means i shouldn't be able to make peace with Alexander, but i can.

I don't know anything about this part, but

At the moment i'm playing a game as sweden and i've just taken the capital of Alexander.
when he asks for peace he offers me one cities and after that the game start to glitch

Is there anything i can do to prevent the glitching and still be able to play this game with out having to give back his capital?

As to this, I've had city trade peace treaty issues for like two months, but never reported it, because I use other mods, and it didn't happen in a quick test game, and no one else seemed to have the issue.

When I hit escape, the glitching goes away.

I guess I'll report it next time. Problem is, I've just started one of my rare peacemonger tradition games.

What other mods do you use (if any)? Perhaps we have the same conflict...

I don't know anything about this part, but

As to this, I've had city trade peace treaty issues for like two months, but never reported it, because I use other mods, and it didn't happen in a quick test game, and no one else seemed to have the issue.

When I hit escape, the glitching goes away.

I guess I'll report it next time. Problem is, I've just started one of my rare peacemonger tradition games.

What other mods do you use (if any)? Perhaps we have the same conflict...

I dont use any other mods.
ussualy i can fix it with an escape and or a reload, but this time it didn't work.

for some reason after trying it 5 times it didn't glitch

Hey guys I just got back from a long break and I'm kicking off a new game. This time I'm going to try STANDARD SPEED, I normally played Epic.

I'd like to hear your opinions on standard speed when it comes to warfare/competitiveness. Such as, do you feel that the technology lifespan is long enough for each military unit?
In standard maps, I've plenty of time to use my UU with a couple of neighbours. Playing small maps those days.

I'm thinking maybe if I bribe as many of the World Congress members as possible into voting for it, they'll be complicit and won't begrudge me for passing it... right? Maybe someone has tried this before, or has better ideas?
My impression is that the "we liked/disliked your proposal" modifier appears as soon as you make your proposal, so bribing people afterwards won't help on that front.

Epic is considerably easier to play, at least on Deity. It is much more possible to face upgraded units during a war. Not sure of another difficulties, but i assume should also easier.

Top Bottom