Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Hi all, I'm having a mod pack issue. I followed the installation from the wiki to a T but when I go to open a game after creating the mod pack I get the same popups about missing textures (I assume from disabling the .dll pre pack creation) that I got when I used the mod pack creator to create the pack and most of the UI dosen't load along with happiness, science etc, so if anyone could help that'd be awesome.

So I fixed this by chucking the expansion2.dll in the modpack root but then my unit panel wouldn't come up so I deleted the UnitPanel folder in the UI_bc1 folder that I also found and put in the modpack root as well as the corresponding files in the cpp eui compatibility folder and success! until one of my units needed promoting when I found I couldn't select a promotion, clicked on it and nothing.

So does anyone have any ideas on the promotion issue?

Last edited:
Is the feature from vanilla where you get a permanent malus to city-state influence if you declare war against city-states too many times still present in VP? If so, how bad is it?
This was adjusted in CSD whereas the permanent is now temporary as long as you begin befriending different new city-states.

Is there a reason that the time to steal a tech would go from 1 to max between two turns?

I have a spy in enemy cap, he's about to steal a tech, but next turn the progress bar is reset to empty and the new time is 20 turns, and I don't get a tech. There IS still a valid tech I can steal, it's the same one as on the previous turn, I know because I saw the AI constructing a building that that tech unlocks.

Is the AI smart enough to DOW for economic reasons? I played a game as Germany aiming for DV victory and my opps constantly DoWd me even though I was playing very defensiv- and peacefully. They did not really have a chsnce to advance into my lands but getting all of my TRs plubdered was a huge hit to.my economy.

They were partly aggressive civs (Zulu, Rome, Persis, Ethopia) so I suspect it coukd be their traits to)

So it feels more like a race? The less religions that can be founded, the more you have to hurry if you want one of them to be yours.
Yes, but you can also take over an enemy religion, with all it's benefits, by conquering it's holy city.

In a vanilla game the number of religions allowed is half the number of civs +1. In VP, it is just half the number of Civs.

More precisely, number of religion in VP is based on map size and not in number of Civs. This change was made a long time ago, after multiple simulations with AI only. I don't remember exactly why we choose this number.

Hi all, I'm having a mod pack issue. I followed the installation from the wiki to a T but when I go to open a game after creating the mod pack I get the same popups about missing textures (I assume from disabling the .dll pre pack creation) that I got when I used the mod pack creator to create the pack and most of the UI dosen't load along with happiness, science etc, so if anyone could help that'd be awesome.

1) Are you trying to make a modpack of the EUI version ? If yes, first try to make a modpack without, there is less steps so it is easier to find what does not work.
2) Did you put the CvGameCore_Expansion2.dll into the modpack folder ?

Is the AI smart enough to DOW for economic reasons? I played a game as Germany aiming for DV victory and my opps constantly DoWd me even though I was playing very defensiv- and peacefully. They did not really have a chsnce to advance into my lands but getting all of my TRs plubdered was a huge hit to.my economy.

They were partly aggressive civs (Zulu, Rome, Persis, Ethopia) so I suspect it coukd be their traits to)

Yes it does (rarely, but sometimes). Moreover, it sometimes declare war because somebody else pay them to do so.

Last edited:
It's embarrasing to ask this, but... Is there any actual difference between Antiquity Sites and Hidden Antiquity Sites? I mean, leaving aside that you can only see Hidden Antiquity Sites after completing the Artistry policy branch. I think the artifacts you get from them are considered as Great Works...? Or did I dreamed that?

Thanks!

It's embarrasing to ask this, but... Is there any actual difference between Antiquity Sites and Hidden Antiquity Sites? I mean, leaving aside that you can only see Hidden Antiquity Sites after completing the Artistry policy branch. I think the artifacts you get from them are considered as Great Works...? Or did I dreamed that?

Thanks!

I'm reasonably certain they're both exactly the same, except that some are invisible to certain players. A different question to ask is whether enemy civs are angry with you for digging up the hidden antiquity site that they can't see...?

Hidden Antiquity sites have a chance to instead give a choice between producing :greatwork: great works of writing or a large one-time boost of :c5culture: culture.

I'm reasonably certain they're both exactly the same, except that some are invisible to certain players. A different question to ask is whether enemy civs are angry with you for digging up the hidden antiquity site that they can't see...?
Considering that you can see people digging up hidden antiquity when you can't see the site itself, enemy civs will be just as angry as you will be.

Considering that you can see people digging up hidden antiquity when you can't see the site itself, enemy civs will be just as angry as you will be.
So, not very? I could never get that site anyway. The only time I would get angry is if they are chopping down my trees when I very clearly refrained from turning them into farmland!

Hidden Antiquity sites have a chance to instead give a choice between producing :greatwork: great works of writing or a large one-time boost of :c5culture: culture.
You don't say... That's nice. And is that information reflected somewhere? Cause I don't see it in the Civilopedia's entry of Hidden Antiquity Sites.

The large boost in culture is pretty significant iirc. I remember it gave me like 20000 or so.

Is it possible to settle a city two tiles away from another one in some cases? I thought the minimum was three tiles between every city.

Is it possible to settle a city two tiles away from another one in some cases? I thought the minimum was three tiles between every city.

Cities on different landmasses can be closer together (as close as you want, however, you normally still need to leave 2 tiles because you can't found a city next to an opponent's border).

Cities on different landmasses can be closer together (as close as you want, however, you normally still need to leave 2 tiles because you can't found a city next to an opponent's border).
Yep, that's exactly what happened. Two cities on two different tiny islands. Thanks.

This was adjusted in CSD whereas the permanent is now temporary as long as you begin befriending different new city-states.

I wasn't aware of this!

So how exactly does it work? Befriend cses for flat reductions?

Top Bottom