Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Question: What determines the price of tiles? Playing America and an annexed city's tiles are all around 230 gold while my capital is 90ish...

Are they tiles of another civilisation? This would explain the large gap. Else, terrain, distance to city, features and resources affect it. Flat tiles are cheaper than hills, and forests increase the cost as well. For America, buying tiles that belong to another civ are much more expensive than neutral tiles.

Question: What determines the price of tiles? Playing America and an annexed city's tiles are all around 230 gold while my capital is 90ish...
In normal situations, I think the cost is:
(base + (25% if the city is not investing culture in the tile))*(1 + number of tile purchases already done)*(+200% if the tile has an owner)

The tiles did not belong to another civ. I think I have found a bug where buying tiles are more expensive after an annex. the price drops back down after buying a few tiles...

The tiles did not belong to another civ. I think I have found a bug where buying tiles are more expensive after an annex. the price drops back down after buying a few tiles...
You didn't build a monument by chance, did you? Things that cause faster border growth can lower the cost

You didn't build a monument by chance, did you? Things that cause faster border growth can lower the cost
I forgot, but I just tried it out the bug just now. Tile purchases for annexed cities indeed stay expensive until the first buy.

I forgot, but I just tried it out the bug just now. Tile purchases for annexed cities indeed stay expensive until the first buy.

It's worth testing out whether this is related to being America specifically or if it occurs for the first tile purchase after annexation for all civilizations.

Quick question - does Majesty (and other similar modifiers) boost abilities like the UA from Japan, or does Majesty only affect generation from points per turn?

Quick question - does Majesty (and other similar modifiers) boost abilities like the UA from Japan, or does Majesty only affect generation from points per turn?

Only points per turn, as far as I know.

Does anyone know if enemy naval units can pillage forts/citadels? They can obviously enter them, but can they pillage them?
Do these improvements provide defensive bonuses for naval units as well? Is it worth keeping a ship in a citadel, so it takes less damage?

Does anyone know if enemy naval units can pillage forts/citadels? They can obviously enter them, but can they pillage them?
Do these improvements provide defensive bonuses for naval units as well? Is it worth keeping a ship in a citadel, so it takes less damage?

All no.

Thanks a lot! I suspected the first no, but I think it would be better if there were some defensive bonuses, after all you can not bombard out of the fort. Or it also could work kind of like in case of cities - the damage to be shared between naval and land unit.

I have one more question. I just had my second war with Russia and it turned out that I have some movement penalty in their territory - each move required 1 additional movement point. I checked policies and beliefs - I didn't find anything that would explain this phenomenon. Russia does not have Great Wall (which also works a bit differently) and their other world wonders also don't have such effect. What happened there? Combined with desert area it made moving a nightmare.

Never mind, I've just found the answer - it's their unique building. How irritating! :o :D

Can someone tell me where to get the formula or the food values need to grow to city size 2,3,4, etc etc up to 50 would be great.

In a vanilla game the number of religions allowed is half the number of civs +1. In VP, it is just half the number of Civs.
So it feels more like a race? The less religions that can be founded, the more you have to hurry if you want one of them to be yours.

Is the feature from vanilla where you get a permanent malus to city-state influence if you declare war against city-states too many times still present in VP? If so, how bad is it?

Top Bottom