Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Coming back to this after a long break...
Have victory requirements changed? Going for a Culture Victory, I'm Influential over everybody and got an Ideology, still haven't won yet. Entered Modern Era after, still nothing happened.

Coming back to this after a long break...
Have victory requirements changed? Going for a Culture Victory, I'm Influential over everybody and got an Ideology, still haven't won yet. Entered Modern Era after, still nothing happened.

You need to get to the Telcommunications tech and build Citizen Earth Protocol.

Also you have to be content with your ideology.

I have problem with TXT_KEY....

on github G said that
"Means you aren't importing the EUI text correctly."
What does that mean?
I think It means you have a problem in your installation, specifically either your EUI folder is corrupted, either your compatibility mod (the 6b one) has some problem.

I am sure that i had this in some older versions too
and always my instalation procedure is remove old (EUI and Vox) and install new with installer

Research Agreement canceled? Obviously I know this can happen if the civ you had the agreement with declares war on you, but what causes cancelation if you still have a DoF, and other trade deals for that matter?

What are some of the best starts? in terms of terrain, luxuries, coastal or not etc

Just got this pack yesterday, and I'm having an issue when trying to take/siege walled cities. Naval units, Siege units, Melee units, they all do very little damage to the city. Am I missing something? I'm running nothing else mod-wise, Vox only. I guess what I'm asking is sieging cities definitely seems different to the normal Civ 5 style, and I'm having trouble adapting. (In context I was attacking Denmark's capital which had about 65 combat strength with 3 Frigates, 6ish Corvettes, a few Tercios, and a crossbowman.)

Just got this pack yesterday, and I'm having an issue when trying to take/siege walled cities. Naval units, Siege units, Melee units, they all do very little damage to the city. Am I missing something? I'm running nothing else mod-wise, Vox only. I guess what I'm asking is sieging cities definitely seems different to the normal Civ 5 style, and I'm having trouble adapting. (In context I was attacking Denmark's capital which had about 65 combat strength with 3 Frigates, 6ish Corvettes, a few Tercios, and a crossbowman.)
Cities have more HP than in vanilla. sieging feels very different. if you manage to blockade a city by surrounding it, it wont heal anymore.

For a 65 combat strength city you're going to want a few Cannons. Do the math and you'll see that those units aren't very powerful because none of them are even reaching 60 CS when attacking the city

There is litteralla rework of Combat Strength in this version, so everybody is relearning how to fight.

2 strategies :
1) You need to blockade the city (i.e have a unit on every time around). And attack it with ranged and melee (if they have the good promotion). But be careful, a city has a ton of HP. And garnison faire half of the damages so as long as there is a garnison, the city will have ages to fall
2) Attack at run away with frigate every turn. Deal with units with your urgent other troups. The city will fall (maybe you need more frégates, depends on the defensive buildings), it will take some times, but you avoid to lose units
3) start with '2' and finish with '1'

A forested hill with fresh water. A nearby river. Some hills, and some flat lands. Not starting in a isolated island.

Other starts can be competitive, though, with proper pantheons.
why is fresh water so good? and what luxuries would you say are the best? also didnt forested hills get nerfed?

Has there been a recent change to trade routes? I can't seem to have more than 1 trade route (from diff cities) to the same destination city. I remember being able to do that before. Am I just misremembering?

Thanks!

Top Bottom