1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Theral, Aug 23, 2016.

1. psparky

psparky Chieftain

I'm pretty sure if I captured another city the cost wouldn't go up again. However, here I had no plans to capture any further cities so that wouldn't help. I'll try playing on a few more turns and report back, but it may take me a while before I can do that.

No, I hadn't lost any cities before, although if I had (so that my current city count was less than my maximum city count) I believe the cost wouldn't have increased.

I believe the costs are based on your highest number of cities ever held, but I didn't expect a city I immediately liberate to count against me.

2. WhimsicalCotton

WhimsicalCotton Chieftain

Is it normal for workers to be able to move to and build roads on mountains (not as the Inca) on the latest version?

3. pza

pza Chieftain

v.5-30 is it a feature now that scouts (or all units?) get embarkation without having to go home? (at least as inca?) Friend has had this thing in MP.

4. wistak

wistak Chieftain

Yep i was asking about IT on github

it's not a bug, it's a feature!

5. Moi Magnus

Moi Magnus Warlord

No. It is a bug. (Please report it on github)
    It is a new feature forgotten in the patch notes.

ryanmusante and wobuffet like this.
  6. Txurce

Txurce Warlord

Good to know!

7. wistak

wistak Chieftain

newest version is 5-20-3 or 5-30? Didn't saw second

8. Txurce

Txurce Warlord

Typo. It's 5/20.

pza likes this.
  9. grmagne

grmagne Chieftain

I should have checked that sooner. In my last game I had a trapped Pathfinder on sleep mode until I researched Civil Service, got an open border agreement, returned home and then upgraded him twice to Explorer. In retrospect he probably already had the ability to take a shortcut through the water :)

10. John.B.C

John.B.C Chieftain

I just started playing as the romans, and was curious: Shouldn't there be a 15% production towards buildings present in capital? But as far as I can see, it's not there. upload_2018-6-13_6-48-8.png

11. chicorbeef

chicorbeef Warlord

The bonus is that other cities receive +15% bonus production to a building if that building is also in the capital. Eg. if Rome has a Monument other Roman cities will receive +15% production to Monuments.

wobuffet likes this.
  12. John.B.C

John.B.C Chieftain

Ahh I see. Thanks!

wobuffet likes this.
  13. frktest

frktest Chieftain

This is my first post on this forum and first of all I would thanks a lot all Vox populi developers/contributors. The question is: the AI Players's ships are allowed to cross ice; I'm pretty sure that all you guys had already noticed that. Why that is not considered a bug and trimmed? Please note that at today I played Vox Populi up to ver. 3-17.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  14. HungryForFood

HungryForFood Chieftain

All civs can cross ice in their own territory. Its a feature, from vanilla I think.

15. Moi Magnus

Moi Magnus Warlord

From the number of player surprised about this feature, I think it is a VP addition.

wobuffet likes this.
  16. cammcken

cammcken Chieftain

Quick Question: Can anyone give me a link to a guide for making your own modpacks? You know, the thing that lets you treat mods as if they're DLC's and launch them from the desktop.

17. Moi Magnus

Moi Magnus Warlord

https://civ-5-cbp.wikia.com/wiki/Creating_a_Modpack

18. Murderologist

Murderologist Chieftain

Is the units sleep function suppose to wake up your missiles in the presence of the enemy. I’ve got 30 missiles that have to put to sleep each turn individually after I’ve set them to sleep previously, also is the ability to move through a city (ally , or allied city state) removed? I have to travel around an entire continent to get access to another sea rather than just traveling through there city something that has be doable in the past?

19. lordrune

lordrune Chieftain

Is there a way to make it so that workers can build roads in rival player territory again? (assuming open borders) I assume it may have been removed due to players exploiting to try to bankrupt AI, but the AI doesn't exploit this against me, and I'm not the sort of player that would take advantage of that exploit, so it's not a useful change from my point of view.

Reason I ask is that when city states put up the quest to build a road to the capital, automated workers will get stuck because they perpetually think they can build roads in rival territory which they need to path through, but that action's disabled in new versions of VP. Also the quest never goes away, so that's annoying when you can't complete it.

(Maybe it's my fault for not micromanaging workers, but still.)

20. ryanmusante

ryanmusante Regular Supporter

Missiles were supposed to be the exception to indefinite sleep unless I'm mistaken. Someone else could confirm this.
    As for the city-state movement, they should be cross able, do you only encounter this in your current game?