Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Thanks! It's a bit confusing that in city screen there is "Food" text next to a variable which actually represent growth. @Gazebo should it be changed?
Also, is it intended that building maintenance in puppet cities are not reduced, so they can drain economy?
Intended. You are supposed to regain control on some puppets once they are worthy.

Religion is majority? Is it present in the capital? If yes, then I think it is a bug.

Yes, I have majority in my city and in my empire too.
Strangely, the +2 Faith from Palace and World Wonders, +1 Faith from Great Works is still working.

I had a CS quest recently in one of my games to capture a city that was formerly a CS, but had been taken over by Mongolia. Upon capture, I chose to liberate rather than puppet to gain the alliance. I found out, though, that this did not complete the quest- I suppose because I didn't technically take ownership of the city. To add insult to injury, good old Gengis almost immediately re-annexed my newly liberated ally. Whoops! :lol:

So my question is whether it is intended that liberating a city state does not complete the quest to gain ownership. I get that I don't own the city after I liberate it, but I did have to gain control of it regardless.
If it is intended, is there a way to puppet or annex it first and then liberate it later? Aside from something ridiculous like trading it away and then declaring war on the civ I gave it to, of course.

I had a CS quest recently in one of my games to capture a city that was formerly a CS, but had been taken over by Mongolia. Upon capture, I chose to liberate rather than puppet to gain the alliance. I found out, though, that this did not complete the quest- I suppose because I didn't technically take ownership of the city. To add insult to injury, good old Gengis almost immediately re-annexed my newly liberated ally. Whoops! :lol:

So my question is whether it is intended that liberating a city state does not complete the quest to gain ownership. I get that I don't own the city after I liberate it, but I did have to gain control of it regardless.
If it is intended, is there a way to puppet or annex it first and then liberate it later? Aside from something ridiculous like trading it away and then declaring war on the civ I gave it to, of course.
Raze?

Does anyone know how to change the frequency/amount of autosaves? I'd prefer a save every turn rather than every 10 turns, and to be able to access early turn autosaves on turn 200 if I want to.

Does anyone know how to change the frequency/amount of autosaves? I'd prefer a save every turn rather than every 10 turns, and to be able to access early turn autosaves on turn 200 if I want to.

It's in the settings option.

Where can I access those?

Where can I access those?
I believe you click "Options", go into "Game Options" (maybe it was one of the other categories you see when in the Options menu) and you'll see Autosave frequency.

You can do it during a game, it isn't too hard to find.

Wow, I'm an idiot. How did I not see that this whole time? :badcomp:

Just a quick question before reported as a bug.

Playing with latest patch I picked Goddess of Beauty. After I've found a religion the bonus of +3 Great Artist and Great Engineer Points in your Capital is disappeared. I no longer get these point/turn.
Is it intentional?

Thanks.

Does it reappear when your religion become majoritary in your empire?
No -> It is a bug.
Yes -> It is not a bug. But it may not be intended.

Issue is solved, it is NOT a bug. Reason: Holy city is NOT my capital.

• I got all the bonuses in my capital before I had any religion.
  • After religion I've received the +3 Great Artist and Great Engineer Points in my Holy City
  • However, I've received the +2 Faith from Palace and World Wonders, +1 Faith from Great Works for my capital.

does having a defensive pact with another civ deter other civs from declaring war on you?

A while ago there was a change to puppets. I heard they shouldn't now be increasing the cost of research/policies. But in my games no matter what option I choose- puppet/annex as soon as I hit the screen with this choice- both of those costs are increased. Is this a bug for me?

Is there a way to get City States more involved in wars? I've been playing an Austria game and all my city state allies either don't help out in the wars or I have to go and help bail them out since they have barely any units. Any advice? I play on Immortal.

2nd Question: I remember reading somewhere that it's a good idea to have more civs in the game when using the Tectonic Map Script. How many civs and CSes would you recommend for Standard/Large/Huge? My settings normally are: Low Sea Level, No Islands, More Land, Snaky Continents. But I'm also open to suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

tectonic maps generally often differ alot from each other, even with same settings. so it's hard to say what number is the best, it depends a bit on luck.
My settings are usually: hot (less boring, useless tundra), medium sea level, medium land, blocky continents, rest random. I used to play on wet, but that got boring.

A while ago there was a change to puppets. I heard they shouldn't now be increasing the cost of research/policies. But in my games no matter what option I choose- puppet/annex as soon as I hit the screen with this choice- both of those costs are increased. Is this a bug for me?
The very first city you take does not apply. It fixes automatically for the following city you capture.

Top Bottom