Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Which patch are you playing on? One of the older ones (IIRC May or June) had a happiness bug that was fixed, and caused happiness to bounce around all over the place.

I would say two of the games were from a month ago, my most recent game is on the July release. This was probably the worst. I am considering dropping difficulty from Prince to Warlord but at that point it feels like a roll. I am stumped by the massive difference between these two difficulties in my experience.

Happiness tips?

I play on Prince and get annihilated by unhappiness in the mid-game, most of my empire revolts. I'm looking at between -15 to -35 happiness. Most of my unhappiness seems to be coming from crime, with a bit of boredom/illiteracy. I expand a bit but not more than the AI. I have the most updated military unit garrisons in my cities, usually ranged units, and barracks/armouries everywhere. I still get like 4 crime unhappiness in all cities but cap. Poverty is never a problem, I always have tons of money and always invest in science/culture buildings, I would invest in constabularies but by that point i'm already screwed. I had to scrap my last three games because of this, hope I can get some tips and maybe give me some insight into why I am getting such severe malices. Am I teching too fast?
Just try the new version. The old version had a bug regarding researching techs and unhappiness (the fix is on page 6 of that thread), and had an exponential pop scaler model that made big cities hard to handle. Crime is gutted in the new version.

Did you load an autosave file? I've noticed yields disappearing from those before
Yeah I did. Apparently it's fixed for next patch so that's cool. And as Iamblichos said when I was being worried about settling next to "fresh water": "No, because it'll update correctly when you do your turn."

Just try the new version. The old version had a bug regarding researching techs and unhappiness (the fix is on page 6 of that thread), and had an exponential pop scaler model that made big cities hard to handle. Crime is gutted in the new version.

Are you referring to the beta version?

Thank you, I have started a new game on the Beta version and happiness issues have ceased. In fact, now it is too easy, will have to up the difficulty!
Glad to hear it! It's worth remembering that Crime is gutted and now Distress (unhappiness from lack of Food/Production) has taken over. Also it's easier to manage big cities now happiness-wise.

My vassal (Montezuma) keeps declaring war and then immediately declaring peace with Elizabeth on their very next turn after I declare war on Elizabeth.
Not only are they not fighting in my war with me (I could live with that) but, their DoP for some reason also causes me to declare peace with Elizabeth, and I get kicked out of their territory. This has happened 3-4 turns in a row now. I declare war on Eliz, on Monte's turn he Dow then immediately DoP, back to my turn, "You have declared peace with Elizabeth", and all of my units are back in my territory.
Is this working as intended?
Thanks!

I have conquered a city of my rival, a previous city-state. However, there is no option for me to liberate the city. Why?

My vassal (Montezuma) keeps declaring war and then immediately declaring peace with Elizabeth on their very next turn after I declare war on Elizabeth.
Not only are they not fighting in my war with me (I could live with that) but, their DoP for some reason also causes me to declare peace with Elizabeth, and I get kicked out of their territory. This has happened 3-4 turns in a row now. I declare war on Eliz, on Monte's turn he Dow then immediately DoP, back to my turn, "You have declared peace with Elizabeth", and all of my units are back in my territory.
Is this working as intended?
Thanks!
Is Eliz a vassal of someone else?

What could have happened to the culture menu, the display of tourism seem to show total amount of collected tourism and not tourism produced per turn?
upload_2018-7-28_11-54-41.png

MODS installed:
Calypso's Colored Religion Icons v1
Gloabal Commander influence Borders v2
JFD's ExCE Resources for Vox Populi v1
Promotion FLags EUI v1.1
Quick Turns v10
Tectonic Map Script v4
UI Filters in Trade Route Overview
UI Religion Spread v1.0
UI Small Resource Iconsv4
VP Promo Icons v1.1
JFD's henry the VIII
JFD's the united states of america (roosevelt)
[BNW] LS Civ Set 17 - CBO or JFDLC compatible version (v 6)

I have conquered a city of my rival, a previous city-state. However, there is no option for me to liberate the city. Why?

Normally you CAN liberate city states but there are exceptions that usurp citystates into their empire, for example I think Merchant of Venice does this and maybe also austrian city state take overs.
Not sure regarding the Mongol city state mechanic.

But its probably one of these that happened before in your game.

What could have happened to the culture menu, the display of tourism seem to show total amount of collected tourism and not tourism produced per turn?
View attachment 500402

MODS installed:
Calypso's Colored Religion Icons v1
Gloabal Commander influence Borders v2
JFD's ExCE Resources for Vox Populi v1
Promotion FLags EUI v1.1
Quick Turns v10
Tectonic Map Script v4
UI Filters in Trade Route Overview
UI Religion Spread v1.0
UI Small Resource Iconsv4
VP Promo Icons v1.1
JFD's henry the VIII
JFD's the united states of america (roosevelt)
[BNW] LS Civ Set 17 - CBO or JFDLC compatible version (v 6)
It is tourism produced per turn, but x100.

Is Eliz a vassal of someone else?
Yes, actually, she is Vassal of Austria, and come to think of it, when I declare war on Elizabeth, it doesn't put me at war with Austria also. Maybe I'll try DoW on both of them and see what happens...

What is a flavor reason for the Pyramids giving a Settler? Exodus?
Pyramids are monumental tombs that are built in isolated locations. A small city has to be settled near the monument under construction, where builders, slaves and their families can live.
After the new monument is built (and the pharaoh put to rest inside), remnants of the settlement will still make a life selling pyramid souvenirs to tourists.

Top Bottom