1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Theral, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Chrltrn

Chrltrn Chieftain

Yes, actually, she is Vassal of Austria, and come to think of it, when I declare war on Elizabeth, it doesn't put me at war with Austria also. Maybe I'll try DoW on both of them and see what happens...

2. kenneth1221

kenneth1221 Warlord

What is a flavor reason for the Pyramids giving a Settler? Exodus?

John.B.C likes this.
  3. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

Pyramids are monumental tombs that are built in isolated locations. A small city has to be settled near the monument under construction, where builders, slaves and their families can live.
    After the new monument is built (and the pharaoh put to rest inside), remnants of the settlement will still make a life selling pyramid souvenirs to tourists.

vyyt likes this.
  4. jamespppqqq

jamespppqqq Chieftain

I know the UAs of Venice and Austria, however, neither is the one I am invading. I am playing against Aztec so very sure they don't have that ability to take over a city-state. Also, the city is Singapore.

The saved game is attached. Singapore is on the north-eastern coast and my two ships can conquer the city this turn.

This is the what I see when I take the city.

Attached Files:

5. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

Not sure if could be this, but there is a limit on how many city states can exist at the same time. If there are extra city states as a result of secessions your game might be in the limit.

6. ttmtgtg

ttmtgtg Chieftain

It's maybe an exploit bug that when you dow with the vassal, nothing happen with the master and you'll be force make peace next turn, late game you can do manything in that 1 war turn, and can take down 1 city in 1 or few war turn like that, really feel cheating :)).
    Hope it'll be fix in next release.

7. vyyt

vyyt Deity

I think this is not true in VP, you should be able to liberate city states acquired by Merchant of Venice, etc.

8. Chrltrn

Chrltrn Chieftain

Yeah, that makes sense. The next turn, I DoW Vassal and Master (which ought to happen automatically, probably) and it all worked as expected :)

9. Chrltrn

Chrltrn Chieftain

What's the dealio? This happened in a couple of different games... Could it be my happiness? If I move him back onto the plantation in my own territory, it'll let me. I am at war with Siam. Also, I've tried it where I've captured that Siamese worker and it still won't let me pop the citadel

upload_2018-7-29_14-29-42.png

10. CrazyG

CrazyG Deity

You can't plant citadels in enemy territory. You can plant in your own territory, or in neutral territory if it border your own territory.

vyyt likes this.
  11. Nezz_Brte

Nezz_Brte Chieftain

Are the AI really smart now or are they a little bit smarter?

12. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

Imagine if Newton, Lincoln, Vanderbilt, and Scipio Africanus made a beautiful baby together. And then imagine an AI that strives to be that.

G

13. Nezz_Brte

Nezz_Brte Chieftain

That says it all.

14. ryanmusante

ryanmusante Regular Supporter

A scientist's knowledge of the cosmos. An elder statesmen's understanding of government. A businessman's vision of economics. A general's wisdom of war. Let our powers combine. Captain Planet!

15. EriktheRead

EriktheRead Chieftain

So I did a rare play-through as a warmonger (Denmark is hilarious) and realized that, while sanctioned by the world congress, I can send trade routes to vassals, but I cant trade with them in the diplomacy screen. Am I missing something? because that seems strange.

16. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

Sanctions only prevent leader deals. Stopping trade routes was not wise, since it's a way to share science and culture. Could be exploitable.

17. Revolutionist_8

Revolutionist_8 Prince

Wait, really? You can send trade routes to sanctioned civs (and they can send too)? I really like the no-leader deals, but I thought the purpose of sanctions is to cripple one's economy. And preventing trade routes from being established is a good way for it (since a huge part of income comes from them, right?). Sorry for the silly questions, last version I played was months ago.

18. CrazyG

CrazyG Deity

In a recent game I was sanctioned and could only trade routes to city states, myself, or my vassal.

19. SpankmyMetroid

SpankmyMetroid Warlord

How do you secure a religion playing wide without having to rely on UA's or UB's? My last two games I was unable to despite having shrines as a priority (building them first in new cities and immediately after a pathfinder in the capital) and picking what I thought were good options to get faith quickly (god of the expanse and god of the sea, which I'm not last to found either). I get close (10 turns to a prophet in the first game, 4 in the latest) but always get beat out. I'm playing on emperor right now.

20. ryanmusante

ryanmusante Regular Supporter

So, which is it now? Trade routes work through sanctions or no with latest patch?