Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Try better pantheon for Carthage(+2/2 gold/faith from city connections for example).

Been a while since I last played (got too tired of runaways, especially China AI). What's the state of runaways within the last couple of patches - are they still as powerful as they were?

Been a while since I last played (got too tired of runaways, especially China AI). What's the state of runaways within the last couple of patches - are they still as powerful as they were?
You usually find a bunch of runaways, two or three, and the human player. There's no clear winner most of the time. (from what I've read).

Anyone else noticing a problem every now and then with trade deals breaking early? Arabia offered me a king's ransom to dow my neighbor Russia and I jumped at the chance. About 20 turns into the deal, I've just captured Moscow but now the Arabian deal is just null...still friendly, no DOWs, etc. It's not breaking my economy but I went from +151gpt to - 3

What is the formula for faith purchase cost of Great People?
Or can someone direct me to the file where I find values related to that? I couldn't find anything in the (2)Community Balance Patch folder.

What is the formula for faith purchase cost of Great People?
Or can someone direct me to the file where I find values related to that? I couldn't find anything in the (2)Community Balance Patch folder.

I thought it had a base value and just doubled after that? Or has it changed of late?

Does the Air Defense promotion (+5 damage to Air units when defending against Air Strikes) take effect when intercepting? Or is it only when the unit is directly attacked?

Does the Air Defense promotion (+5 damage to Air units when defending against Air Strikes) take effect when intercepting? Or is it only when the unit is directly attacked?

Directly attacked

airDefenceI_256.jpg

Last edited:
In the recent photojournals, I noticed that everyone's UI seems to have this bubble that highlights luxuries/resources on the map. What mod is that?

In the recent photojournals, I noticed that everyone's UI seems to have this bubble that highlights luxuries/resources on the map. What mod is that?
Do you see the icon that looks like a list by the minimap? Click that, and you'll get an option to turn on Resource Icons (and Yield Icons and other things).

Standard EUI. You'll get it by downloading Vox Populi normally.

Do you see the icon that looks like a list by the minimap? Click that, and you'll get an option to turn on Resource Icons (and Yield Icons and other things).

Standard EUI. You'll get it by downloading Vox Populi normally.
Whoa thanks! I had yield icons turned on but didn't even notice the resource option :sigh:

What's causing the distress in this city? I have plenty of food, plenty of production. I checked the civopedia, couldn't really understand a clear message.

What's causing the distress in this city? I have plenty of food, plenty of production. I checked the civopedia, couldn't really understand a clear message.

It's normal to have a little bit of unhappiness in a city. Your overall happiness is 20, so you're fine.

Hey Guys!
After 3 fresh installations of VP to no avail i wanted to ask here if somebody could point me to what i am doing wrong.

I followed the instructions, installed VP via auto-installer (chossing to install VP + EUI) on a fresh Civ5 installation. Everything seems to be working right (UA's changed and whatnot) the only thing missing are a few tabs on the city screen. For the life of me i can't get behind i am missing the 'Happyness' tab in the city screen for example. (see screenshot) It is just not there. If i check videos on YT or screenshots on this forum, they all seem to have more tabs on their city screens. (inbefore they actually just appear later in the game -.- )

Thanks for your time. =)

Attachments

• CIV_missing_tabs.png
    CIV_missing_tabs.png
    4 MB · Views: 139
Last edited:
After 3 fresh installations of VP to no avail i wanted to ask here if somebody could point me to what i am doing wrong.
The only thing I can notice is that you have a clock in the top right of the menu bar; that's not part of vanilla, EUI, or Vox Populi that I know of. Was that from some other UI mod that installs as a DLC like EUI does?
If so, check the DLC folder (Drive where it's installed, probably C: > Program Files > Steam > steamapps > common > Sid Meier's Civilization V > Assets > DLC)
UI_bc1 is EUI, you won't need to change that.

Top Bottom