1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Theral, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Moi Magnus

Moi Magnus Emperor

1) Because loan system was too complex to make it understandable to the AI, so was exploitable.

2) You misunderstood it. You can totally make peace under 75 warscore. You just need the other AI to actually want to. The rule is "at 75 warscore, the AI is forced to accept capitulation", which has as a byproduct that at 75 warscore, you can force the AI into peace even if it does not want to.

vyyt likes this.
  2. Revolutionist_8

Revolutionist_8 Prince

Thank you for your reply my friend.

1) Exploitable how? One thing that pops to my mind is that getting large sum from AI for GPT then declare war so you don't have to pay back. I accept that it's indeed undesirable. But is there something exploitable the other way around (aka my example)?

2) Sorry I poorly expressed myself. I meant that when you would pay an AI to make peace with another one.

3. TwoPodRay

TwoPodRay Warlord

There is a minimum number of turns while in a war before they CAN make peace as well. I can’t remember the number because I may have made some edits to that previously.

4. Enginseer

Enginseer Salientia of the Community Patch Supporter

1. Buy a sum of gold with GPT on your part. They agree.
    2. Declare war on them.
    3. Just got a large sum of gold, while you don't have to pay it back with your GPT due to war.

5. StevenV

StevenV Chieftain

Hi, I can't make Mayan to capitulate even he has -100 warscore. It't because they have a vassal too? Thanks.

Attached Files:

• t9.jpg
      t9.jpg
      File size:
      390 KB
      Views:
    • t10.jpg
      t10.jpg
      File size:
      385.6 KB
      Views:
  6. SpankmyMetroid

SpankmyMetroid Warlord

Yep. Make him liberate his vassal first.

7. StevenV

StevenV Chieftain

Oh :sad:. Any advice how can I do that?

EDIT: I mean, his vassal has only one city. So, its never going to happen that the vassal will be able to liberate himself. Maybe I should capture the vassal, but for that I should capture 2-3 more Mayan cities as well. :dunno:

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
  8. neo_arcadia

neo_arcadia Warlord

Capture that one city. By eliminating his vassal I'm sure you can make Maya bow to you.

9. StevenV

StevenV Chieftain

Ok, thanks.

10. Moi Magnus

Moi Magnus Emperor

Ah, ok. From memory, it was 25 warscore needed. If that was changed to 75, I don't know why. It was added to prevent to by peace to the loser of the war.
    (Fun fact: this feature was added when the AI became clever enough to exploit peace brokering, and the players were complaining they were forced into peace with an AI while they were winning the war)

11. Udipotah

Udipotah Chieftain

I want to play an improved ai only not the whole vox populi. But just using the comunity patch removed features like gifting units to other civ which is very unreasonable. Instead of teaching the ai to play they just remove the feature entirely. Is there anyway i can reenable this features? I tried changing the core balance to 0 in sql still the features were didisabled. Heelp

12. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

First, as Moi Magnus recently explained, if your resource gives the same type of yields as your city, only the bigger value remains. So, if your city should give 1 gold from the tile, and gold resource gives you 2 gold yields, then you get just 2 gold from the tile.

Then, you won't get any value from the mine, as you can't build tile improvements inside your city. But you do get the bonus from the enhancer building (bank) and the monopoly (including corporation bonuses).
    I think the Culture yield from gold resource comes from the mine improvement, IIRC, so you'll miss it.

13. Revolutionist_8

Revolutionist_8 Prince

That's exactly what I wrote :) Only allowing the human to do so (aka give sum of money and AI repays with GPT thus human takes the risk) would be too much of rework I guess, eh? So I shall just let this...

Yeah I remember that, it was long time ago and was incredibly frustrating, good thing they are gone. This increase to 75 is the only way to prevent them again? Current version seems pointless a bit I think. 75 warscore means that war is basically won, what's the point of triggering peace. My current game: Denmark steamrolls Austria, my ally, I would gladly pay to prevent him to do so (I can't intervene cuz of distance and ongoing war). Current Danish warscore is 36 and they already took couple of cities. That 75 is still far away and it could easily mean the end of Austria as a prominent figure in the game.

I just don't see the reason why I don't even have the option to make that peace happen, or at least know the price. It feels an arbitrary control to human interaction for the sake of... AI?

14. ChickenFighter

ChickenFighter Chieftain

In my current game I'm getting Great General/Admiral Points and Golden Age Points for killing units, how did I get this perk? I've tried looking through policies, tenets, world wonders and beliefs but just couldn't find what exactly is causing this bonus. I'd like to use this in my next game aswell but I just can't remember how I got it anymore. I'm also getting this popup when it happens.

Does somebody know? Thanks in advance!

15. Enginseer

Enginseer Salientia of the Community Patch Supporter

Your UB.

ChickenFighter likes this.
  16. ChickenFighter

ChickenFighter Chieftain

I might need a new pair of glasses. I'd rather not tell how long I've searched for it. :lol:

Mauro Mezzina and tu_79 like this.
  17. intelli

intelli Warlord

What does the AI start with, a scout or a pathfinder (this was on Prince). Because turn 2 or 3 (10-10) I met an Arabian scout with the woodsman promo. Only way I can see this isn't a bug is if they started with a scout and immediately got the map plus XP goody hut.

18. Moi Magnus

Moi Magnus Emperor

Every civ start with a pathfinder. A ruin can upgrade it to a scout.
    At prince, the AI has a minor XP bonus. (15 free XP, +33% XP from combat)

19. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

Just curious, is there a way to give that bonus to everything except the first pathfinder? Giving them woodsman off the bat creates a tremendous advantage to the AI in terms of ruin collection and CS bonuses...it’s a lot stronger than just getting a general combat promotion

20. Moi Magnus

Moi Magnus Emperor

I guess it could be possible. I'm not even sure they do get the bonus, its just that it was the only reasonnable way I could explain a woodsman that early.