Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Sorry, I am not asking a question based on my personal in-game observations, just based on your question and Revolution_8's response.

The last time I remember getting tribute from a military CS, it was science. However, I'm playing the 9-15-2 version, the current game only has one military CS, and I've essentially been at war with it all game long. I'm pretty sure I have managed to ask for tribute from it, and the award was science. None of the other CSs give a worker as a tribute award either. It seems more likely that you have a modmod that's changing your tribute awards.

I just encountered a strange situation in my game (still on 9-15 patch) and wanted to ask here first if anyone’s seen this before I make a GitHub post about it:

I was trying to allow a neighboring city state ally of mine to take over a bunch of Civ cities (France) by whittling down the health of the cities (and holding them at 0) very close to the CS and taking out any nearby French units, allowing the CS to come in and take it uncontested. I had passed a Sphere of Influence on the CS since another Civ (Arabia, who was not at war with France) kept stealing ally status and allowing France to peace out. After passing The sphere Arabia declared war on me. I had my CS ally back and locked in and allowed them to take a second French city (now 3 cities total for Brussels).

A few turns later, this screen kept popping up (attached) during the CS turns, and Brussels, who again was my forced ally due to Sphere of Influence, and did not have the quest stating that they were revolting from their current ally, was the one declaring war on me and kept pillaging tiles and taking workers during their turn. I could click peace with them on my following turn, but during their turn, they could mess around in my lands and be annoying. I’d never seen or heard of this before so I just wanted to ask here first.

Attachments

• 3E9EFA22-3731-4385-873D-ABC30998DB75.jpeg
    3E9EFA22-3731-4385-873D-ABC30998DB75.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 82
I just encountered a strange situation in my game (still on 9-15 patch) and wanted to ask here first if anyone’s seen this before I make a GitHub post about it:

I was trying to allow a neighboring city state ally of mine to take over a bunch of Civ cities (France) by whittling down the health of the cities (and holding them at 0) very close to the CS and taking out any nearby French units, allowing the CS to come in and take it uncontested. I had passed a Sphere of Influence on the CS since another Civ (Arabia, who was not at war with France) kept stealing ally status and allowing France to peace out. After passing The sphere Arabia declared war on me. I had my CS ally back and locked in and allowed them to take a second French city (now 3 cities total for Brussels).

A few turns later, this screen kept popping up (attached) during the CS turns, and Brussels, who again was my forced ally due to Sphere of Influence, and did not have the quest stating that they were revolting from their current ally, was the one declaring war on me and kept pillaging tiles and taking workers during their turn. I could click peace with them on my following turn, but during their turn, they could mess around in my lands and be annoying. I’d never seen or heard of this before so I just wanted to ask here first.
This is clearly a bug. You can report it on GitHub. (https://github.com/LoneGazebo/Community-Patch-DLL/issues)

What promotions do you use for infantry units/horsemen? I would assume drill for infantry and shock for horsemen?

Say ur playin as greece with ur early hoplites, surely drill would be stronger to take some early cities with and get cover fast?

What promotions do you use for infantry units/horsemen? I would assume drill for infantry and shock for horsemen?

Say ur playin as greece with ur early hoplites, surely drill would be stronger to take some early cities with and get cover fast?
Both can be correct. With greece I would probably take drill on at least some of my hoplites for the city damage.

I would not take cover on hoplites. My goal would be to get the powerful late promotions as quickly as possible. For example stalwart or mobility.

So, I absolutely know this has been asked and answered before, but i can't find it.
What, precisely, are the advantages to production and unit upkeep that the AI has on Deity?

So, I absolutely know this has been asked and answered before, but i can't find it.
What, precisely, are the advantages to production and unit upkeep that the AI has on Deity?
http://civ-5-cbp.wikia.com/wiki/AI_and_Difficulty

Unit training cost: 70%, -7% per era (starting with medieval era, I think)
Unit upkeep cost: 70%
Unit upgrade cost: 65%
Unit supply bonus: +35% +3.5% per era (starting with medieval era, I think)
Free XP: 30XP and double XP earned from combat.

Note: I've read somewhere things about the AI getting free production when one of their unit died. I've not found any trace of that, so that's probably just a vanilla thing or a discarded idea, but it might be present in the game and I've not looked propertly.

Anyone been gifted units like Ballista or Turtle Ship? Civlopedia says they come from minor civs but I have never seen them in my time with this mod.

Anyone been gifted units like Ballista or Turtle Ship? Civlopedia says they come from minor civs but I have never seen them in my time with this mod.

I think I got a Longbowman once, but I would not swear to it. I at least saw that a CS would gift it if I allied with them.

Basically just increase your diplomatic relationship. And it will be easier if you have been friends with that other civ for a long period of time. Sometime in the future some of their cities won't be at "impossible" value anymore when you offer a trade.

Do you guys think statecraft is better when going wide as a CS oriented civ? Or is tradtition statecraft viable too? Im playin a germany game, not sure if progress or tradition is the way to go

Both can be correct. With greece I would probably take drill on at least some of my hoplites for the city damage.

I would not take cover on hoplites. My goal would be to get the powerful late promotions as quickly as possible. For example stalwart or mobility.
ah do you get the later promotions faster if you dont take cover? is the promotions chart available somewhere?

ah do you get the later promotions faster if you dont take cover? is the promotions chart available somewhere?
If you take cover, then it necessarily means that you delay Shock/Drill.

Eg.
Drill I -> Cover -> Drill II -> Drill III -> Stalwart
is slower to reach Stalwart than
Drill I -> Drill II -> Drill III -> Stalwart

Do you guys think statecraft is better when going wide as a CS oriented civ? Or is tradtition statecraft viable too? Im playin a germany game, not sure if progress or tradition is the way to go

Tradition into Statecraft is very viable! The happiness from trade routes doesn't scale with city number, the opener improves the capital and synergizes well with the growth from tradition, the scaler saves you precious production for diplomatic units and so on... Statecraft (as actually most of the medieval trees) works well with every ancient era policy. I really like Tradition Germany, but both Progress and Authority can be better depending on your starting position, of course.

Top Bottom