1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Theral, Aug 23, 2016.

1. randomnub

randomnub Prince

Q: how could this happen on a standard Pangea map script? :cringe:

reef.png

Oh hey gratz 4000 replies

bigcat88 likes this.
  2. Questdog

Questdog Prince

I do not know, but I just had it happen on the Planet Simulator map script. Never have I seen anything like it before.

Untitled.png

3. azum4roll

azum4roll Prince

Am I seeing some coast tiles not connected to any land? :confused:

4. Questdog

Questdog Prince

Yes, you are and I am thinking that maybe this is the reason for the fast map generation I mentioned in another thread. Something is borked and the map script has not changed.

5. Questdog

Questdog Prince

I just restarted a bunch of times with the Really Advanced Startup mod with the full map revealed and I could not get this bug to repeat, so maybe it was just a one off thing.

6. YukiN

YukiN Prince

Are there ways of getting trade routes in renaissance? I think I got one from banking but it's not indicated.

7. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

From a technology. Astronomy, I think.

8. YukiN

YukiN Prince

Just checked again. It's economics. I got one from statecraft too.

tu_79 likes this.
  9. inzlinger

inzlinger Chieftain

I noticed a strange bug with the really advanced setup mod (playing 10/10): If you have met your first or second civ, one of these civs is connected to another civ on the other continent (continents map). When I'am at war with my neighbour civ I'm at war with the civ on the other continent to. Anyone here who noticed the same?

10. YukiN

YukiN Prince

What counts as canals in VP? In particular, can I make a 3 tile canal with a citadel?

11. Moi Magnus

Moi Magnus Emperor

My bet is:
    Something was messed up in your game settings, and the two are in the same team. (if you use EUI, they have the same "team flag" on their portrait)

Alternatively, if they reached medieval era, one might be the vassal of the other.

No. You need a city.
    A citadel/fort count as a cannal if it is adjacent to a sea or a lake, and I think adjacent to a city count too (not sure).

Last edited: Oct 30, 2018
    CppMaster likes this.
  12. YukiN

YukiN Prince

Just tried

Sea Citadel Fort City Sea
    Sea Fort Citadel City Sea

Neither worked, so I guess 2 tiles is the longest unless the center tiles are adjacent to water too.

13. TwoPodRay

TwoPodRay Warlord

The city needs to be in the middle, so

Sea Fort/Citadel City Fort/Citadel Sea

14. YukiN

YukiN Prince

Thanks. Kinda ruins the city though.

15. Wasteland_Wanderer

Wasteland_Wanderer Chieftain

Hey, I've been away for a while and I've been struggling to catch up on everything that's been going on. From what I've read skimming through the threads, Rome's new ability could cause problems with some of the place holder buildings and such used in the mod mods, have I got that right? I wanna know if I should try to update from whatever version I've got atm to 10-10, or if I should wait a bit and keep playing my current collection of old VP and mod mods.

16. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

Last beta goes pretty well. We think Rome is not that op as it looks, since you need to do some conquering before the capturing ability shows. Anyway, you can ban Rome using Really Advanced Settings mod.

Wasteland_Wanderer likes this.
  17. Questdog

Questdog Prince

Rome is definitely not OP in the AI hands as they seem to get their butt whooped mostly by the other AI in my games.

Skidizzle likes this.
  18. Minh Le

Minh Le King

In my last few games, AI Rome performed really badly. It took a long time to settle 2nd city (somewhere around turn 150-200 epic speed), and by this time it had most land around stolen by other AI.

19. TwoPodRay

TwoPodRay Warlord

I feel like a good number of Authority Civs have started doing this lately in my games too. Was Rome going Authority in your game?

In a silly test, I even used In Game Editor to give Shaka (who went Aurhority) 2-3 settlers since he still had only his capital at 120 turns on Epic, yet it still took him about 20 more turns to found those new cities, and it certainly didn’t take 20 turns to move those settlers to those spots. Perhaps they are waiting on policies?

20. intelli

intelli Warlord

When sanctioned, why can you send trade routes to vassals but can't actually trade with vassals? Seems mighty inconsistent.