Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Shouldn't you have to be allied with a City State before you can propose a Sphere of Influence for them? In my latest game, the Dutch proposed a Sphere of Influence over one of my allies.

Shouldn't you have to be allied with a City State before you can propose a Sphere of Influence for them? In my latest game, the Dutch proposed a Sphere of Influence over one of my allies.
No you do not need to be allies. You could be at war with them even. Once the proposal goes through, you can then declare peace and immediately become allies.

No you do not need to be allies. You could be at war with them even. Once the proposal goes through, you can then declare peace and immediately become allies.

Well, you should not be able to declare a Sphere of Influence unless you have demonstrated that you have already established a presence in the region....

Well, you should not be able to declare a Sphere of Influence unless you have demonstrated that you have already established a presence in the region....
I'm not sure it is actually possible to put restriction like that on WC resolution (not to say it might not be easy to train the AI to understand them). Moreover, it would lead to some strange stuff, since in the time between the proposal and the vote, the situation might have changed a lot.

EDIT: I would not be against adding "you must have met the CS to have a sphere of influence on it" (it happened to me multiple times to SoI a city state I had no idea were it was on the map) if it is easy to code, but I don't think adding other restrictions would be a good idea.

Why is that? There is no historical reference for it..... And how would putting conditions on certain resolutions change that?
Because it requires significant investment, offers a different and interesting way of playing, and emphasises diplomacy.

The WC is powerful, as it should be

Except I don't think Peace Accords and Cassus Belli do much right now. A warmonger is going to be hated anyway for the former while war is an important option for punishing runaways for the latter. The increased upkeep costs seems to matter less to the warmonger than to their prey. It's almost always better just to sanction whoever is warmongering hardest or otherwise snowballing. I suspect Peace Accords might actually create more war as everyone hates everyone else permanently.

Why can the AI move a unit on the same turn it is built? And if it is so important that they be allowed to do this, why cannot the player do the same? It is similar to the Heal Promotion: Pure Cheese.

Humans can move units the turn they are built, too. Only bought units start with zero movement (unless Landsknecht etc.).

Why can the AI move a unit on the same turn it is built? And if it is so important that they be allowed to do this, why cannot the player do the same? It is similar to the Heal Promotion: Pure Cheese.
The player can do it too. Bought units cannot, except mercenaries (from Authority).

I need a name for text (like "TXT_...") field showing current deals like in the picture below:
upload_2018-11-4_23-39-4.png

Only that part is important for me.

Last edited:
How could mongolia annex bucharest when no troops are in sight? I guess their military power was enough (kind of weak though I think); since bucharest was liberated standing naked with no troops.
View attachment 507460
They have troops in Old Sarai? All military units within 6 tiles of the city count. They could have open borders with Denmark.

How do you read .dmp files generated when the game crashes? I want to see if I can tweak whatever’s crashing the game.

Top Bottom