1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Theral, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Gampela

Gampela Chieftain

Thanks for the map script tips! I started playing the newest version of Communitas and it's really interesing looking. Pretty archipelago heavy, at least on my part of the map, but I don't mind at all. Especially since I'm playing as Dido.

Probably entirely unrelated to that, but I think I'm having a bug that prevents me from getting my second monopoly with coral. I got 2 out of total of 4 the usual way. Then I got 3rd one by duplication with the Great Conthon (Dido's East India Company replacement). Now the monopoly screen shows 75% (which itself is not a bug, just how it's counted, I'm guessing?) but I'm still not getting the monopoly bonus of 2 science per resourse.

Edit: Oh never mind, I'm stupid. So that 2 science per resource just means for those two corals. Well that's not very useful at all.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
  2. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

On the contrary. That's quite useful.

How much science are you producing? 8? 10? Now add 4 science. That's almost +50% your raw science production. It's like building 2 libraries just for one unrelated building.
    Also, you are rising the bar for other civs, making them suffer illiteracy if they can't keep up with you.

EDIT. Nevermind. IIRC, Great Cothon is in Classical Age, you probably have much bigger science by then.

3. Gampela

Gampela Chieftain

Yeah, I was well over 100 science per turn by then. Would have been amazing as the primary monopoly resource and with 6-8 close to the starting area. Well, it still might net me a more preferable corporation.

4. elisec711

elisec711 Chieftain

Question: What is the ETA for the next full version dropping?

5. tortpi

tortpi Chieftain

Oh i see, i did turn off Bad Events but somehow still got flooded. Thank you!
    Another question: Is the Declaration of friendship with another Civ works if YOU are the civ that declare it, 100% when i do it i am refused.

6. Kim Dong Un

Kim Dong Un The One & Unly Supporter

DoF will be presented to you by AI once the value hits the point where they would accept a DoF, so they will always ask you when it's time. Other than playing a multiplayer game with other humans, the button to ask for DoF is pointless.

tu_79, 4CV and tortpi like this.
  7. andersw

andersw Emperor

Is there a cap for warmonger penalty?
    Does it vary with difficulty?
    Whats the prereqs to reach that cap? ex taking a city, reaching a certain warscore

8. HeroOfTheSword

HeroOfTheSword Chieftain

Hi, so I generally play on marathon speed, and in the last few patches I noticed that building Stonehenge leaves me 50:c5faith: short of a pantheon, whilst the other speeds allow me to get a pantheon straight away. Like I think in standard you only need 50:c5faith:, epic is 75:c5faith: and marathon is 150:c5faith:? But building Stonehenge, no matter what speed you play on, always yields 100:c5faith:. Is there any way I can fix this in the code? I've got some basic skills but I'm no where near brave enough to start messing around with it on my own! It's just very annoying spending time building Stonehenge to speed up a Pantheon only to find you've still got to build a Shrine after or before it too. It sort of defeats the whole purpose of the wonder in a way!

9. JohnnyNT

JohnnyNT Chieftain

2 quick questions:

a) How is HP of the city determined on capture? I see that some times it's over 100 and sometimes 0, with the latter case being very annoying in the case of naval conquest if you cannot get ground support (losing fully exped Destroyer you used to get the city only to lose it again together with the ship itself to a fart from a nearby scout)
    b) I noticed that in the newest version garrisoning generals/admirals doesn't improve CS anymore. Is this connected with the new system of tying the CS with the unit inside? Also, this change makes weird quirks at time you have ship and land garrison, with the land unit's strength used for CS calculation even when ship would give higher one.

10. nikgame

nikgame Chieftain

Is there a source where we can get detailed information not available in civilopedia (as it works in VP)?..Like for eg: How is city combat strength calculated?, concept of blockading a city and prevent it from healing etc.

11. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

Try the wiki. There's some updated information there.

12. LifeOfBrian

LifeOfBrian Prince

Before opening a new thread, I wanted to ask if anyone remembers what is the stated reason you can only faith-buy great people starting in the Industrial era? Why not from the very beginning?

13. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

Its effectively a retool of the faith resource. Early game, Faith is about religion, the beliefs and the spread.

Towards the later game faith doesn’t serve that purpose anymore, but now serves as a method for great people, keeping faith somewhat relevant.

So that’s the mechanical reason for it.

14. LifeOfBrian

LifeOfBrian Prince

Thanks for the reply. That I understand, but why not enable those civs (AI&human) that wish to use faith on Great persons instead of spreading to do so from earlier on?

15. cerk

cerk Chieftain

That is the Byzantine UA.

16. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

That would be too much of an advantage and beliefs are not balanced with this in mind. Besides, somewhat I like the change of faith use, it's like playing a second mini game.

17. besset

besset Warlord

I haven't played vox populi since January this year. Is there a summary of the changes I can read somewhere?

18. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

Nope.

Basically:
    - Reworked happiness system (now local, city size less harsh).
    - Rearranged ancient techs (increases value for iron working).
    - Naval ranged now skirmisher like in ancient-renaissance, archer like in modern.
    - Food scarceness (now working on food is good).
    - Changed diplomat units scaling.

19. besset

besset Warlord

Thanks! Anything else in terms of minor changes? Is culture and production still king?

You mentioned iron working being more worthwhile now, what about the other ancient techs? Are some of them worse than before as a result?

Would you mind explaining the reworked happiness and food system, or can I read about them somewhere? I guess its explained in the civilpedia ingame?

Lastly, how do you like the changes? Is the mod better now do you think?

20. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

@Gazebo

G can you help refresh my memory?