Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Should not be happening. It should actually even run faster in the early game thanks to all the optimizations.
I got that same answer before, so i need more help. I like to play late game and it's very slow there. Even notice it in the early era

I got that same answer before, so i need more help. I like to play late game and it's very slow there. Even notice it in the early era

How many civs are you playing with and how much war is going on? In my experience this is the biggest factor. The trade off for intelligent AI troop movements is that it takes them a lot longer to figure it out. I think certain actions/animations also always take a long ass time. Plopping fishing boats especially, paratroopers, nukes. You're playing with fast combat/movement right? If not that alone will help a ton.

Edit: I actually have an unrelated quick question. Is displaying coal bugged with EUI currently? I can't find it displayed anywhere. And in the monopoly view (I play with abundant resources) it's consistently bugged. I've had 220% at some point. I also haven't been able to found Hexon since at least the late October beta, despite appearing to have 100%+ of global coal..

Last edited:
Hi new poster here. I just started playing voxpop and have some questions on the next move I should make in a game. Do I post a screenshot and stuff here?

How many civs are you playing with and how much war is going on? In my experience this is the biggest factor. The trade off for intelligent AI troop movements is that it takes them a lot longer to figure it out. I think certain actions/animations also always take a long ass time. Plopping fishing boats especially, paratroopers, nukes. You're playing with fast combat/movement right? If not that alone will help a ton.

Edit: I actually have an unrelated quick question. Is displaying coal bugged with EUI currently? I can't find it displayed anywhere. And in the monopoly view (I play with abundant resources) it's consistently bugged. I've had 220% at some point. I also haven't been able to found Hexon since at least the late October beta, despite appearing to have 100%+ of global coal..
Play with 22 civs on a 128x80 map. Well, in my pre made scenario. It takes 10 minutes on 1 turn late game. Without the mod it's around 1.30 to 2 minute turn time. So it gets laggy with the mod. Yea play with fast movement of course.

Play with 22 civs on a 128x80 map. Well, in my pre made scenario. It takes 10 minutes on 1 turn late game. Without the mod it's around 1.30 to 2 minute turn time. So it gets laggy with the mod. Yea play with fast movement of course.

Are you playing with any other mods?

The VP mod adds a lot of features, and a hugely improved AI, but the counterbalance is time.

the VP code is a lot more efficient than vanilla, but it’s also doing a lot more, and so slowdowns happen. The mod is focused on the standard map with normal civ numbers. The more civs you add, and the larger the map, the slower things are going to get.

If speed is your primary concern, I recommend small maps and fewer civs.

Yea i do.
Other mods might be causing slowdown or conflicts? 10 minutes seems unusual for VP, even in the late game with that many civs. I might be mistaken, though, since I don't play on very large maps.

The VP mod adds a lot of features, and a hugely improved AI, but the counterbalance is time.

the VP code is a lot more efficient than vanilla, but it’s also doing a lot more, and so slowdowns happen. The mod is focused on the standard map with normal civ numbers. The more civs you add, and the larger the map, the slower things are going to get.

If speed is your primary concern, I recommend small maps and fewer civs.
Okey understand that. I only play on my huge map so i guess i can't use VP

Other mods might be causing slowdown or conflicts? 10 minutes seems unusual for VP, even in the late game with that many civs. I might be mistaken, though, since I don't play on very large maps.
It could be that. I tested one time with very few mods enabled to but.

It could be that. I tested one time with very few mods enabled to but.
Few? You have to test without any other mods than VP first. Only then you can say if it is VP alone causing the delays.

It is HW dependent, but on both my old i7 and new i5 laptops, VP runs very quick - at least in the early eras.

Few? You have to test without any other mods than VP first. Only then you can say if it is VP alone causing the delays.

It is HW dependent, but on both my old i7 and new i5 laptops, VP runs very quick - at least in the early eras.
I dont remember now if i tried with a few or with only vp. Guess i could try and se one more time.

A quick question from my little daughter: @JamesNinelives , are these dolphins in your profile pic? Thanks

They are! Well, either dolphins or porpoises, unfortunately by Google-Fu hasn't been able to find the specific unit. They are from Civ II: Fantastic Worlds, specifically they are a scout/recon unit that the Merfolk get :). And pretty darn good at it from memory.

They are! Well, either dolphins or porpoises, unfortunately by Google-Fu hasn't been able to find the specific unit. They are from Civ II: Fantastic Worlds, specifically they are a scout/recon unit that the Merfolk get :). And pretty darn good at it from memory.
Thank you! I was not sure, the one on the left looked like an arrow to me (the tail fins are not very visible - it's probably because of the angle of view). My daughter will be happy that she was right. She always wants me to show her the dolphins when she sees me browsing this forum on my phone. Luckily, you are quite active here :)

I cleaned temporarys and caches from my PC, but I have cleaned a bit too much and now I have a Font error when I click on a CS (and only on CS): "could not load font xml file"; please can anyone say me where to find that font and where to put it to restore?

Excluding the free starting warriors from turn 1, how exactly is the AI getting so many units in early game? Are they actually building them (with reduced production costs)? Are they buying them (at massive discounts)? Do they automatically get free units throughout the game? I can't figure out how they are building so much infrastructure/wonders while also having so many units.

Top Bottom