1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Theral, Aug 23, 2016.

1. vyyt

vyyt Emperor

@frktest , what is the filename with the missing font? Does it say?

Maybe it would be safer to reinstall the whole Civ5. You don't know what else is missing.

2. frktest

frktest Chieftain

No, no file name.

3. PapaRockett

PapaRockett Prince

Excluding the free starting warriors from turn 1, how exactly is the AI getting so many units in early game? Are they actually building them (with reduced production costs)? Are they buying them (at massive discounts)? Do they automatically get free units throughout the game? I can't figure out how they are building so much infrastructure/wonders while also having so many units.

4. HeathcliffWarriors

HeathcliffWarriors King

https://civ-5-cbp.fandom.com/wiki/AI_and_Difficulty

AI does not receive discounts on unit Gold costs, but they do get Production discounts (increasing with each era) on the cost of combat units, and periodic yield bonuses including Production and Gold (see the "AI Handicap Bonuses" section), scaling with difficulty.

This is true for all difficulties except Settler, where they gain a 10% increase for all Production costs, and no per-era discount or periodic yield bonuses.

5. Coffee Monopoly

Coffee Monopoly Warlord

@HeathcliffWarriors I've realised that I don't really understand the 2 response options you have to AI diplomatic messages. Can you explain what the difference between the 2 is in both cases, as in what consequences there are for chosing which option?

"Get over it." vs. "We're sorry this has caused a divide between us."
    and
    "You'll pay for this in time." vs. "Very well."

6. HeathcliffWarriors

HeathcliffWarriors King

Selecting this insulting response may result in WAR! (the leader might declare war on you, if they're able to and it wouldn't backstab a friend)
    If this response does not result in war, the leader will be humbled, and their approach towards you will be set to NEUTRAL for one turn.

Regardless of their response, you will gain a -30 opinion penalty (decaying over time) for disappointing them with your recent diplomatic actions.

Also, if their guess as to your approach towards them isn't WAR, they will assume you're HOSTILE towards them for the next 30 turns (this increases your ranking as a competitor, decreases the chance of DoFs & DPs and adds weight to the WAR, HOSTILE, AFRAID and GUARDED approaches).

Selecting the non-insulting response does none of these things.

Strategically speaking, the insulting response should be selected if you're trying to anger another leader so they hate and/or DoW you; thus, they will gain warmongering penalties and trigger Defensive Pacts etc., and you won't. Otherwise, the non-insulting response is usually best.

Coffee Monopoly and vyyt like this.
  7. 4CV

4CV Warlord

Is it intended that Rome after conquering a city can keep every building, even though Spanish missions should never be captured?
    Spoiler Spanish mission :
    Mission.jpg

8. HeathcliffWarriors

HeathcliffWarriors King

Yes.

4CV likes this.
  9. 4CV

4CV Warlord

Great! I really like them

10. HeathcliffWarriors

HeathcliffWarriors King

Capturing Persian cities with Satrap's Courts feels amazingly powerful. :)

11. civplayer33

civplayer33 King

Does anyone know when and why the ability to base Helicopters on Carriers was removed in VP? (pretty sure it existed before)

Does anyone know how hard it would be to reverse that?

Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
  12. Nefarian222

Nefarian222 Chieftain

Are there ways to make earlier access for founding corporations? For example, after the discovery of Writing.

13. vyyt

vyyt Emperor

I do not recall ever being to do this (been playing the mod since the very beginning)

14. civplayer33

civplayer33 King

Yeah I might be misremembering...

15. Avendis

Avendis Chieftain

Hi Guys,

I have just installed Civ 5 on my new PC with Windows 10. I have also installed Vox Populi, however, when I tried to create a first game I received several popups about missing files, and when the game loaded - interface was missing.
    Tried this with both Vox Populi (7-29-1) and Vox Populi (7-17-3).

I have also checked the DLC folder within Civilization folder - if I remember correctly, when Vox Populi installs correctly it also adds UI_bc1 folder there. It wasn't there :(

Could anyone help, please?

16. ASCII Guy

ASCII Guy Chieftain

I had this issue because I had Civ 5 on my backup drive. Make sure Civ 5 is installed on your main drive.

vyyt likes this.
  17. Teholb

Teholb Warlord

The same exact thing happens to me . . . but not every time. I have no idea why it sometimes installs correctly, and other times it doesn't include the UI_bc1 folder. However, I can happily report that taking the UI_bc1 folder from Moi Magnus' modpack works just fine.

Yesterday, I reinstalled Civ, and then used the 11-25-1 installer- it correctly installed the UI_bc1 folder. I created an MP for my partner and I to play multiplayer with, only to later discover the spying bug. I reinstalled again today (I usually do this for each new update because I've found the game to be the most stable in MP after reinstalling) and tried to use the 11-25-2 installer. Surprise, surprise- no UI_bc1 folder.

Now, I just keep a UI_bc1 folder on Google Drive so I can pop it in when necessary. Hopefully that workaround (Moi Magnus' UI_bc1 folder) helps you while a more expert user provides the real solution. I'd love to know, too!

18. Moi Magnus

Moi Magnus Emperor

First, try to make "Vox Populi, without EUI" works. If you manage to make this work, it means you will just need to manually add a folder in the DLC folder and things should works.

vyyt likes this.
  19. vyyt

vyyt Emperor

Additional question: is your Civ5 / Steam installed in a non-standard location (such as different drive than C)? If yes, then the autoinstaller installed EUI to the wrong = default location on drive C. Move the UI_bc1 folder from the C drive to the correct location on the DLC folder where your Civ5 is installed.

20. PapaRockett

PapaRockett Prince

With the Nationalisation tenet from Order, would we be getting franchise trade route bonus for internal trade routes? Example, +10% food internal trade route with TwoKay Foods?