Quick Questions / Quick Answers

I may have asked this before, but why is it that sometimes a city has 0HP after capture and other times 50%?
I seriously hope that's a bug that can be fixed. Sometimes it also seems like almost all buildings disappear when you take a city in the lategame, and you only have a market left.

I may have asked this before, but why is it that sometimes a city has 0HP after capture and other times 50%?

If I remember correctly, there are bonuses when capturing a city from someone you have an influence level. (They can be seen in the tourism menu, when hovering bout the influence level). I don't remember at all what are those bonuses, but it might include this.

If I remember correctly, there are bonuses when capturing a city from someone you have an influence level. (They can be seen in the tourism menu, when hovering bout the influence level). I don't remember at all what are those bonuses, but it might include this.
Population loss from capture and resistance time are definitely part of this, but not city HP or building destruction probability; at least according to the tool tip.

Someone should probably make a post to Github.

Re. city state quests to build wonders. I never receive such quests once I've started a wonder. What prevents these quests being given out? Is it once the wonder is in the build queue, or once hammers are put into the wonder? I'd like to know if I can add a wonder to a build queue without killing any chance of getting the CS quests for that wonder.

I playing with only Community patch, and i really dont like new ai strategy on
"marathon" (most ai always build so much warriors, and never build monument, granary). How to bring default ai strategy back? (from vanilla civ 5)

I just learned that Theodora can found a new religion even after her first holy city gets captured.

That's news to me. I wonder if it's intended. :confused:

I playing with only Community patch, and i really dont like new ai strategy on
"marathon" (most ai always build so much warriors, and never build monument, granary). How to bring default ai strategy back? (from vanilla civ 5)

You'd have to uninstall/deactivate the mod to restore default AI strategies. A better option for mod improvement, if you believe there's an issue, would be to report it on Github. There's not much feedback given for the CP only version, so it'd be helpful.

Re. Warmonger penalty and defensive pacts: If I have a defensive pact with Brazil, and Persia declares war on Brazil, do I get a warmonger penalty for declaring war on Persia? Does Persia get two penalties for two declarations of war?

Re. Warmonger penalty and defensive pacts: If I have a defensive pact with Brazil, and Persia declares war on Brazil, do I get a warmonger penalty for declaring war on Persia? Does Persia get two penalties for two declarations of war?

The game counts it as if Persia declared war on you, so you can't get warmongering or other penalties.

Not certain if Persia gets a second penalty, but they don't receive penalties for backstabbing etc. unless they directly declare war on you.

Last edited:
I've just started using the Firaxis LiveTuner to autoplay games.

For a while I couldn't figure out how to stop autoplay once it was started, but I realized that the issue was that I had it set to "return as OBSERVER".

It seems that, unless I'm mistaken, the tuner supports autoplay, but will not allow you to pause the autoplay process mid-turn or at the end of a turn, and still remain as an Observer (which allows you to spectate city production & other useful values). It forces you to leave spectator mode and take over one of the AI players' slots.

Does anyone know a way around this?

I've just started using the Firaxis LiveTuner to autoplay games.

For a while I couldn't figure out how to stop autoplay once it was started, but I realized that the issue was that I had it set to "return as OBSERVER".

It seems that, unless I'm mistaken, the tuner supports autoplay, but will not allow you to pause the autoplay process mid-turn or at the end of a turn, and still remain as an Observer (which allows you to spectate city production & other useful values). It forces you to leave spectator mode and take over one of the AI players' slots.

Does anyone know a way around this?

As an observer you can click on cities etc and drop in to take a look...

G

As an observer you can click on cities etc and drop in to take a look...

G

Yes, I know that much. :)

What I'm interested in is staying in Observer Mode after the turn has ended (or even mid turn), thus allowing me to inspect interesting values without being in a hurry about it.

Last edited:
Is there a way to modify the EUI so that I cant see the amount of cultures and techs the AI got?

Moreover, when I install the latest version (12\1), is the EUI installed automatically?

Thanks!! <3

Is there a way to modify the EUI so that I cant see the amount of cultures and techs the AI got?

Edit: misread cant / can

Roll-over the diplomacy icons on the right side of your EUI screen. It should list the tech count and policy choices, as well as other useful info, such as city count. You won't know exactly how many policies they have because openers aren't counted (E.g. "Tradition 1" means they've adopted tradition and one tradition policy for a total of two policy picks), but it's close enough.

Last edited:
When the AI buys units, do they get to move immediately, or do they have to wait a turn like human buying does?

When the AI buys units, do they get to move immediately, or do they have to wait a turn like human buying does?

Should be the same, if I'm not mistaken.

Top Bottom