1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Theral, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Crag Hack

Crag Hack Warlord

What is the difference between + 25% :c5citizen::c5production: and +25% :c5production: ? Are they identical effects ? Or maybe + 25% :c5citizen::c5production: means that production from workers is increased by 25% while +25% :c5production: means that production from workers plus from buildings/wonders/TRs etc (e.g. whole city) is increased by 25% ?

For example Water Mill says +3 :c5production: + 25% :c5citizen::c5production: and Train Station says +25% :c5production:

2. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

Water Mill is 3 production plus 1 production ever four pops. Train station increases your city total production by 25%, so if you had 100 production, you gain 25.

vyyt, Recursive and Crag Hack like this.
  3. Revolutionist_8

Revolutionist_8 Prince

25% :c5production: means the city has +25% production, e.g. = if it had 100 before a Train Station it will have 125 after building it
    + 25% :c5citizen::c5production: means the city gains +1 :c5production: for every 4 citizen it has.

Crag Hack likes this.
  4. Recursive

Recursive Covets Lands That You Currently Own Moderator

Yes, these are percentage values.

The amount added from difficulty is not hardcoded, but an XML value. See https://civ-5-cbp.fandom.com/wiki/AI_and_Difficulty for what it is on various difficulties (relevant bonus is PopulationFreeUnitsPopulationPercent).

getCitySupplyModifier is the bonus from buildings like Walls / etc in that city.

m_pTraits->GetExtraSupplyPerPopulation is a custom leader UA for someone's modmod, most likely; 0 in normal gameplay.

GetExtraSupplyPerPopulation: contribution from social policies / Wonders / etc to unit supply from population at the player level.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
  5. Favorius

Favorius I am not a Chief!

Does 3 hex away marble gives bonus to wonder production to its city once improved?

6. Recursive

Yes. I believe it only applies if the tile is worked by the city, though.

Favorius likes this.
  7. vyyt

vyyt Deity

Is it really the case? I have always thought it was assigned to the closest city regardless of being worked or not. Can someone try reassigning the citizens and see if it has any effect? (Maybe you need to wait a turn until it applies)

8. amateurgamer88

amateurgamer88 Emperor

Anyone know how to fix this? I haven't touched these files at all.

Code:
    [27411.078] Runtime Error: C:\Users\civfi\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\(1) Community Patch\Core Files\CoreLua\InGame.lua:1262: attempt to index local 'addinFile' (a nil value)
    [27411.078] Runtime Error: Error loading C:\Users\civfi\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\(1) Community Patch\Core Files\CoreLua\InGame.lua.

9. Recursive

What I meant was if it's considered part of that city, not just within range - since cities can overlap. It works without needing a citizen to work the tile.

Might as well check to see how that works, though ...

10. SilentReply

SilentReply Chieftain

The bonus from stone/marble is applied to whichever city is working or "owns" the tile. You can swap them between cities if the tile is in range of both.

Edit: you don't have to work the tile, just flipping it over is enough

vyyt and Recursive like this.
  11. vyyt

vyyt Deity

That's what I meant, thanks for clarifying. And I would swear you cannot swap it between cities by reassigning worked tiles, but I've been wrong before (like once or twice in a lifetime).

12. PortugeseChicken

PortugeseChicken Chieftain

How far is the bomber rebase range?

13. Favorius

Favorius I am not a Chief!

I made peace with AI, one turn of peace and next turn they declare war again without showing leader screen. I do not have defensive pacts with anyone but several vassals. Why this happens?

14. Recursive

It must be the "declare war on vassal" bug again. Oh, joy.

15. Crag Hack

Crag Hack Warlord

Where is the Advanced Actions menu for the spies ? I keep unlocking advanced actions for my spies but cannot activate them in the spy screen. I clicked everywhere and nothing pops up for me to choose some advanced actions.

16. amateurgamer88

amateurgamer88 Emperor

Advanced actions are basically those like stealing gold, assassinate great people and sabotaging production. Essentially, those will only happen after you unlock them. This was due to England being too frustrating to play against since her spy could do ridiculous amounts of damage in the early game slowing you down as a result.

17. Crag Hack

Crag Hack Warlord

Aham. Do you know also if my spy is unable to steal a great work of art (if the city does not have an art inside), then do I need to relocate the spy or he can simply stay in the city and steal some money later ?

18. amateurgamer88

amateurgamer88 Emperor

Is your spy a spy or a thief? A spy cannot steal great works while a thief can. Thieves can also steal gold but that's about it (at least from what I can recall). Spies can steal tech, gold, science, production along with assassinate, sabotage, spawning rebels and creating unrest.

19. Crag Hack

Crag Hack Warlord

Hmm so this means indeed that if my art thief reports that there is nothing to steal, then I have to relocate him into a spy in order to steal money (e.g. make him a spy rather than thief). It is confusing...

20. amateurgamer88

amateurgamer88 Emperor

If your thief says there's nothing to steal, it means that there are no great works. However, it can still steal gold if you do choose to leave it there. If you do relocate the thief into a spy, you will likely get more out of it assuming your spy isn't so low leveled that he can die very quickly before accomplishing anything.