Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Click on the city icons (gear means it's building nothing) on the left (EUI) to choose production while staying in the city screen.
Thanks. Understood. So sorry to labour it, but once you click on 'Choose Production' and go into city screen, there's no way to stop it flicking away once you choose the next item.

When do Attila's mounted melee units NOT capture a defeated units?

Depends how they rank against enemies units. If you have superior troops, you have good chance of converting, similar ability equal chance, & poorer troops little chance. It is this last part I find pretty disappointing, as it kicks the struggling player or AI down, when they are the ones who need help & could do with gaining some better troops.

Depends how they rank against enemies units. If you have superior troops, you have good chance of converting, similar ability equal chance, & poorer troops little chance. It is this last part I find pretty disappointing, as it kicks the struggling player or AI down, when they are the ones who need help & could do with gaining some better troops.

thanks youngsteve!

Deity T27, Barb moves into square adjacent to my territory (and warrior), my borders expand to where barb is now, barb moves out of tile, as if he wasn't allowed to be there. Is this how it is meant to be? I thought barbs were allowed into territory T25 on Deity. Asking before I report as bug.

Thanks,
M

Deity T27, Barb moves into square adjacent to my territory (and warrior), my borders expand to where barb is now, barb moves out of tile, as if he wasn't allowed to be there. Is this how it is meant to be? I thought barbs were allowed into territory T25 on Deity. Asking before I report as bug.

Thanks,
M

Barb may not have wanted to be there, not necessarily a bug.

When was the code added that made it where a new barbarian unit is spawned when a barb takes out your trade route?

When was the code added that made it where a new barbarian unit is spawned when a barb takes out your trade route?
Since forever ago.

Yup, it's even in Vanilla.

Spoiler source :

Finally, in Brave New World, barbarians will also try to pillage any trade route they can reach. The route is immediately terminated and, what's even worse, the trade unit that was on it is captured and turned into a new barbarian unit! This could have results ranging from purely annoying to near-disastrous, especially in the early game.
https://civilization.fandom.com/wiki/Barbarian_(Civ5)

Does the Ban Luxury WC proposal remove the ability to use that resource to create a corp? If you already have a corp based on that resource, does it deactivate the corp?

I really dislike the fact that end game naval melee can attack and take cities. I plan on modding and making the unit ranged instead. Will the AI be able to handle this type of adjustment?

I really dislike the fact that end game naval melee can attack and take cities. I plan on modding and making the unit ranged instead. Will the AI be able to handle this type of adjustment?

Just change the unit AI to UNITAI_RANGED UNITAI_ASSAULT_SEA and should be plug n' play.

Last edited:
Is there a bug with AI's use of Guided Missiles? I have never seen AI put Guided Missiles on Missile Cruisers. They only seem to keep them inside cities.

Is there a bug with AI's use of Guided Missiles? I have never seen AI put Guided Missiles on Missile Cruisers. They only seem to keep them inside cities.
I've seen them in previous versions. Not sure if they used it before the ships sank.

Top Bottom