1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Theral, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Recursive

Recursive Moderator Moderator

Just change the unit AI to UNITAI_RANGED UNITAI_ASSAULT_SEA and should be plug n' play.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
  2. civvplayer

civvplayer Chieftain

Perfect.
    Thank you so much for keeping this game alive.

3. civvplayer

civvplayer Chieftain

Is there a bug with AI's use of Guided Missiles? I have never seen AI put Guided Missiles on Missile Cruisers. They only seem to keep them inside cities.

4. azum4roll

azum4roll Emperor

I've seen them in previous versions. Not sure if they used it before the ships sank.

civvplayer likes this.
  5. civvplayer

civvplayer Chieftain

Thanks. I just installed the latest Beta 1-15. AI won't put any missiles on the Missile Cruisers.

6. youngsteve

youngsteve Warlord

One thing I cannot understand is if you put down a citadel taking land from a civ they rightfully complain, but if they do it there is no option to do so. Why is this so.

7. vyyt

vyyt Deity

If it is just that they can take cities, you can keep their melee status and add a promotion removing the city conquer.

Gameplaywise it would make more sense than suddenly scrapping a whole unit line and doubling another one instead (says the guy who is adding a cruiser ship line himself).

Revolutionist_8 and civvplayer like this.
  8. Recursive

Because Firaxis.

Dovaj and vyyt like this.
  9. youngsteve

youngsteve Warlord

Thank you for your reply.

Can I ask another question about sanctions. Austria has loads of votes & is currently sanctioning eveyone she doesn't like & because of her power nobody can really do much except go to war. Firstly, it is a bit unrealistic that a country sanctioned is not able to do any deals or alliances with another country. You have only got to look at real life to see this. The other question I have wondered, as Austria hasn't gotten around to me yet, is what about two countries that are sanctioned. Surely they can do deals together, & if not that doesn't seem right.

doublex55, Zuizgond and Dovaj like this.
  10. civvplayer

civvplayer Chieftain

I believe I found the promotion to disable city capture: PROMOTION_NO_CAPTURE
    However, it has the undesirable side effect of preventing naval melee from attacking/damaging cities.

11. youngsteve

youngsteve Warlord

Another question.

Is there any way to edit the amount of turns in a timed victory, because sometimes the games seem to drag on & it would be nice if the game could end in less turns than the standard 500 turns if no other victory conditions are met.

12. Recursive

Correction to my previous reply: seems the correct AI is UNITAI_ASSAULT_SEA, since it's a naval unit not a land unit.

civvplayer likes this.
  13. stii

stii King

How exactly is the faith cost for units from zealotry calculated? I was surprised to find the cost in one of my cities went up after I built an arsenal in it, while it stayed the same in my other cities.

14. Recursive

Unhappiness causes that, not the Arsenal.

stii likes this.
  15. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

How does the 3 turns / 4 turns production numbers at the very bottom of this screenshot actually work?

Spoiler :

upload_2021-1-26_16-19-47.png

16. stii

stii King

It is just showing to build in 3 turns you will need 780 more production, and you will overflow by 18. I think that is what you are asking?

17. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

Ah so its total production, not prod per turn? Maybe that's why I didn't understand it, though I feel it would be much more useful if it was showing what you needed per turn instead of total.

18. civvplayer

civvplayer Chieftain

Notice 780.43 + 18.51 = 798.94 <= your total production per round.
    3 turns -780.43 means in three turns you will be 780.43 away from finishing that building.
    4 turns 18.51 means on the fourth turn you will have completed the building with a surplus production of 18.51 left over.

19. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

Ah perfect, thank you.

20. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

What did I do wrong with my canal as I can't get ships through?

Spoiler :

upload_2021-1-29_13-48-22.png