1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Theral, Aug 23, 2016.

1. SuperNoobCamper

SuperNoobCamper King

It was changed a couple of months ago to make forest plantation starts and jungle plantations a bit on par.

2. youngsteve

youngsteve Warlord

A question about The Great Wall. I don't usually go for it, usually to late, but did this game. It says once you reach Gunpowder is reached you lose its effects & bonuses. This includes increasing your supply limit by 3, though could have sworn it was 5 earlier when I took it. My question is does this increase go as well, as in my game it doesn't seem to have, though the supply limit is strange how it goes up & down. So not sure.

3. doublex55

doublex55 Prince

the tooltip in the tech tree is wrong then. it says +50% yeilds from chopping even tho it goes from 0>20

4. Grassland Farm

Grassland Farm Warlord

Has the last patch made the game harder or am I just spilling my spaghetti? I always end up bottom of the scoreboard on Emperor which used to be my balanced difficulty back then.

5. Heinz_Guderian

Heinz_Guderian Warlord

Maybe it just has changed the meta abit? I dont feel like it is harder personally, but I find that I have to be somewhat aggressive with my settling or just being aggressive in general to compete with the AI in deity

vyyt likes this.
  6. ChefBRD

ChefBRD Chieftain

1. Do city-specific instant yields (eg at border growth, at pop growth, etc) affect "unhappiness due x"? How about universal instant yields?

2. People often talk about turning off specific options like bribed wars and others. Is there a guide for how to do this?

7. MIS

MIS Prince

Are barb camps meant to destroy the underlying resource? I was eyeing a city location with two lux nearby. I was authority, so was informed when a barb camp was started there (no problem - s*** happens). But I noticed that the lux that had been there disappeared. Is this a feature or a bug?

Thanks,
    M

8. vyyt

vyyt Deity

No, they should not. If they do, then it's a bug, please report it to GitHub. But before you do that, make sure the resource has really disappeared. If you press Ctrl+R, the resource icons will appear.

9. Heinz_Guderian

Heinz_Guderian Warlord

10. doublex55

doublex55 Prince

How worth is it to go for long term friendships by giving AIs gifts when they ask for it? What are the best benefits you get from having friends later in the game? Normally i would just say no but maybe i am doing it wrong? Maybe it is a good idea if going for a diplomacy victory?

Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
  11. Dovaj

Dovaj Chieftain

I have noticed during my last couple of games that I get intelligence reports of a Civ marching an army to take my city of Xxxx, when I do not and never have owned Xxxx. Xxxx does not belong to a vassal or a Defensive Pact, etc. but the owner may have been a friend. I have no logs to post, but will watch for it again and post a bug to GitHub when I do. Is this possible in the normal course of events, or should it not happen?

12. Recursive

Recursive Covets Lands That You Currently Own Moderator

Bug, fixed already for next version.

13. Recursive

Recursive Covets Lands That You Currently Own Moderator

Should be much more worthwhile in the next version, I've rewritten all the AI logic.

James Ryle likes this.
  14. Pilotis

Pilotis Prince

Is there any way to (at least try to) perturb or break up pacts or friendships between AI players?

15. Pilotis

Pilotis Prince

'Choose Production' button. After selecting production option UI immediately moves to next operation. Is there a way to stay in the current city screen after selecting production?

Solic likes this.
  16. azum4roll

azum4roll Emperor

Click on the city icons (gear means it's building nothing) on the left (EUI) to choose production while staying in the city screen.

17. azum4roll

azum4roll Emperor

No way to do so other than angering one of them to declare war on you instead, if you don't want to war both at the same time.

18. doublex55

doublex55 Prince

Is there a reason promotion flags mod isnt included in VP?

Heinz_Guderian likes this.
  19. Laz0r

Laz0r Chieftain

Ok this one is wierd but does anyone remember in older versions (like two-three years ago) that world wars would break out at some point in late renaissance-early industrial consistently? I remember it happening consistently and a bunch of the AI's would declare war on eachother (and me) in factions as if it were a mass bribed war, as there was never any leader war declaration screen.

20. youngsteve

youngsteve Warlord

I also have a question about bribed wars, which have been discussed in main patch thread. Because of the annoying habit of being declared on by all civs, myself like others have decided to turn the thing of until it makes sense again like in previous patches. Unfortunately, my install of coommunity patch got corrupted, so reinstalled it, but forgot to turn off brokered wars in my current game. Playing as the Huns I was attacked my nearly the whole world early on, except for Aztecs & Inca's who was behind it, despite not knowing where any of them were situated, & all nowhere near me. Later around Medieval/Rennaisance era they have done it again, except for the annoying Inca behind it, who wont be around much longer when the effects of his Great Wall die off.

The question I have is that the AI is forming all these pacts, & bribing everyone to war, but for the life of me are unable to do either of these things, whoever I play, & how well or not I am doing. Here for instance only 4th in score, last in techs, 4th in army, though empire large. Is it coded so the player cannot gain pacts or broker wars. Even gaining a DOF has been impossible since early on.