Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Theral, Aug 23, 2016.

1. LifeOfBrian

LifeOfBrian King

Thanks, InkAxis

2. Jiggly

Jiggly Warlord

It is Modern era and all of a sudden it says impossible when I try to give my open borders to other Civs. Is this a bug or is the AI making it impossible so I don't steamroll them with tourism?

3. Rean

Rean Warlord

Yeah, if you're doing well on tourism they'll eventually refuse open borders.

Recursive likes this.
  4. stii

stii King

Does anyone know where exactly the line for too close is when the AI asks you to not settle to close? I'm never sure what I can get away with.

5. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

Well right now its hypersensitive, which I know Recursive is looking into. hehe right now the answer is "if its on the map, its too close" :)

6. Recursive

Recursive Covets Lands That You Currently Own Moderator

Varies based on the AI's Boldness flavor.

7. Recursive

Fixed this. The AI had two different ways of locating trade routes to plunder, and only one of them was checking if a player was a bad theft target. Now they both do.

cammcken and 4CV like this.
  8. PortugeseChicken

PortugeseChicken Chieftain

Why can't my knight capture this Great General?

Attached Files:

9. Recursive

You can't capture civilians if you've already attacked a unit or city this turn.

PortugeseChicken likes this.
  10. usadefcon1

usadefcon1 Warlord

What is the formula for how the happiness numbers are computed? Is the distance to other Civs taken into consideration?

11. solohard1011

solohard1011 Chieftain

Is Legion's pilum supposed to work in any terrain under any conditions?

Recently played Rome, and didn't notice it working even once - my fortified Legion units were standing right next to the enemy for multiple turns, but didn't seem to do any damage. I thought maybe because of the rough terrain/jungle/river.

12. solohard1011

solohard1011 Chieftain

Also, is there a list of the country-specific events somewhere? I don't think I've ever seen one, in every game I see only common generic events about monuments and baths and whatnot.

13. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

Does anyone have the formulas for the Great Writer, Artist, Musician, and Scientist bulbs? Aka how the final result when you bulb them is calculated?

14. 4CV

4CV Warlord

I just finished a Rome game and there were no problems with legions "pilum". I am sure it does not depend on terrain. Are you sure they were really "fortified", not on "alert"? (Only thing I can think of, because I made that mistake sometimes in earlier games)

vyyt likes this.
  15. Rean

Rean Warlord

You need a mod for civ specific events, they're not there by default

16. PortugeseChicken

I know the answer of this question will depend, but is it advisable to declare war on a civ to liberate cities so your war monger penalty goes down?

17. tsmith7163

tsmith7163 Chieftain

Quick question - if I get intrigue about pending attack - say my ally is going to attack someone and I Make that someone aware- Is my Ally alerted that I tipped off his attack? And/or do I get a negative diplomatic with my ally?

18. Recursive

No.

The liberation bonus should cancel out the warmongering penalty, but it might be bugged at the moment. I've been debating simply removing the penalty for declaring war, and having it based on capturing cities.

tsmith7163 likes this.
  19. PortugeseChicken

Yeah, I believe it might be bugged still. I'll liberate a city and get the bonus for one turn, but then it'll revert back the next turn?

Penalty based on cities sounds like it might be a good idea. Bunch of wars can be engaged by civs without taking cities since they're on the other side of the map and other reasons. Would the idea be that the penalty would increase more and more as you capture cities? I've never really thought any warmonger penalty was unfair when playing tbh. I just keep in mind that it goes up every so often, but this idea seems interesting since it's directly linked to things that the player does.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
  20. psparky

psparky Prince

Liberation might be bugged? There used to be a problem with liberating CS that, because they didn't exist at the start of the turn, they didn't set a "value" for the city. I've still got a hacked workaround in my old version but I thought it was fixed since then, but maybe not.

I don't think you should be able to declare war without some sort of diplomatic/warmonger penalty - I believe I would be much more inclined to declare war if the penalty was removed e.g. for a bribe, to please another civ, to stop their missionaries, they are just bugging me in general....