Quick Questions / Quick Answers

I wantt o disable Mt. Kalimanjaro Natural wonder in my game, any idea how to do so?
it just messes up my games every time it spawns on a map.

I wantt o disable Mt. Kalimanjaro Natural wonder in my game, any idea how to do so?
If you don't find a general way you can still disable it on the map (use IGE / "Features and Wonders", set the tile to "none" and it is only a mountain)

Regarding Altitude Training promotion (Kilimanjaro) for ranged attacks, does the attacker get a bonus if he is on a hill, or if the defender is on a hill, or both, or either, or neither?

Set OccurrenceFrequency to zero in table Natural_Wonder_Placement using SQL should work.

On the fealty policy tree it says "Cities that follow your Majority Religion generate 3 science, Faith, Production, and Culture." Does it apply to foreign cities following your Religion?

Do you want to remove it completely or just the promotion it gives to units? If I don't forget, I'll send you SQL to delete it when I get to my computer. I remove it (and the effect of Fountain of Youth) too.

Do you want to remove it completely or just the promotion it gives to units? If I don't forget, I'll send you SQL to delete it when I get to my computer. I remove it (and the effect of Fountain of Youth) too.
any one of them would do the trick, i hate how it casually makes any civ semi-incan screwing any terrain based defenses.

That reminds me to nerf the promotion (remove the movement bonus) in my own mod.

Do spaceship parts count as wonders towards wonder build bonuses/wonder build willingness?

Just been destroyed by an Egypt science victory. Compliments to Recursive that I really felt them wonder hogging hard. I should have attempted to stop them sooner, but they were on a different continent and already sanctioned.

Does AI gain additional TR with difficulty? In my game (Emperor, epic, turn 440) I have 8/8 TR and I see Indonesia (6 progress, 6 fealty, 1 rationalism), having 17 TR with me. He got no wonders.

My game is crashing upon pressing 'v'. Any ideas why or how to stop it? It's right next to the default hotkey for shoot and very easy to press by accident.

any one of them would do the trick, i hate how it casually makes any civ semi-incan screwing any terrain based defenses.
Here you go:

Code:
DELETE FROM UnitPromotions_UnitCombats WHERE PromotionType = 'PROMOTION_SACRED_STEPS';
DELETE FROM UnitPromotions_UnitCombats WHERE PromotionType = 'PROMOTION_EVERLASTING_YOUTH';
DELETE FROM UnitPromotions_UnitCombats WHERE PromotionType = 'PROMOTION_ALTITUDE_TRAINING';

This should remove the promotions from units, but not from the game completely, so it does not break any dependencies.

Easier and better to do this:
Code:
UPDATE Features SET FreePromotionIfOwned = NULL;
That will catch any mods that add promotions to natural wonders, or add new natural wonders.

I have just been watching the effects of the altitude training (Mt Kilimanjaro) from Martin Fencka's Ethiopia playthrough. I thought at first he had borrowed Inca's special abilities when units were leaping from hill to hill, gaining a combat bonus. This makes playing so much easier for whichever civ controls it. This is no disrespect to his current series which I have found very enjoyable. I like the way owning special wonders give benefits to whoever owns them, but certain ones like this are completely overpowered.

I have just been watching the effects of the altitude training (Mt Kilimanjaro) from Martin Fencka's Ethiopia playthrough. I thought at first he had borrowed Inca's special abilities when units were leaping from hill to hill, gaining a combat bonus. This makes playing so much easier for whichever civ controls it. This is no disrespect to his current series which I have found very enjoyable. I like the way owning special wonders give benefits to whoever owns them, but certain ones like this are completely overpowered.
Sri Pada and tbe Fountain of youth are good examples of this but
Easier and better to do this:
Code:
UPDATE Features SET FreePromotionIfOwned = NULL;
That will catch any mods that add promotions to natural wonders, or add new natural wonders.
This affects Sri Pada and Fountain of youth as well, right?

Just got penalised for not adhering to a Pledge of Protection agreement, but was surprised that influence was decreased only by 20 influence? Barely did a dent and was already in Modern Era. Maybe this should scale by era or is there another reason for this?

Also, if I have a bunch of civ mods in a game that aren't necessarily playing, will that slow down the game/make it more likely for the game to crash in the late game?

Just got penalised for not adhering to a Pledge of Protection agreement, but was surprised that influence was decreased only by 20 influence? Barely did a dent and was already in Modern Era. Maybe this should scale by era or is there another reason for this?

Also, if I have a bunch of civ mods in a game that aren't necessarily playing, will that slow down the game/make it more likely for the game to crash in the late game?

Perhaps it should, yeah. Fixed.

Any loaded mods will take up memory. The less available memory, the more likely a late game crash will occur. Make sure to increase your autosave frequency under game options!

Civs which use existing mechanics and code take up less memory than those which add in a lot of new assets, etc.

Top Bottom