Quick Questions / Quick Answers

IIRC domination victory was changed back in May to include capitals controlled by vassals. In this game I peace vassaled Poland and capitulated everyone else but did not get a domination victory.
Spoiler Victory Screen :

20210720001106_1.jpg

Am I missing some change since May?

IIRC domination victory was changed back in May to include capitals controlled by vassals. In this game I peace vassaled Poland and capitulated everyone else but did not get a domination victory.
Spoiler Victory Screen :

Am I missing some change since May?
did they become a voluntary vassal or capitulate through war?

Three questions:

1. It is said that the Community Patch on its own (without VP) has AI improvements. Does that mean The Community Balance Overhaul (VP) has its own new AI changes to accommodate the AI to use all the new units and buildings?

2. The following forum post describes mods integrated with VP (link):
Artificial Unintelligence - Parts of this mod incorporated into VP - do not install it as a stand-alone, as it includes DLL!

Does that mean the Artificial Unintelligence mod is only part of VP (the Community Balance Overhaul) and NOT the Community Patch?

Given the confusion above, is the AI in VP better then in the base Community Patch without VP? Or is the AI exactly the same?

Last edited:
Three questions:

1. It is said that the Community Patch on its own (without VP) has AI improvements. Does that mean The Community Balance Overhaul (VP) has its own new AI changes to accommodate the AI to use all the new units and buildings?

2. The following forum post describes mods integrated with VP (link):
Artificial Unintelligence - Parts of this mod incorporated into VP - do not install it as a stand-alone, as it includes DLL!

Does that mean the Artificial Unintelligence mod is only part of VP (the Community Balance Overhaul) and NOT the Community Patch?

Given the confusion above, is the AI in VP better then in the base Community Patch without VP? Or is the AI exactly the same?

1. Yes.

2. No, Artificial Unintelligence improvements are part of both.

3. The AI is intended to be identical except for parts specific to the new VP elements.

Where are those values defined? I would like to adjust them slightly in my modmod:
Spoiler Modifiers :

Can anyone tell me how to change the amount of gold that you get from a city connection? Thank you

Can anyone tell me how to change the amount of gold that you get from a city connection? Thank you
Well, I don't know how do you want to achieve that (touch the code directly? If with a mod, then with SQL? Or Lua? Both?), but just one example that I'm using in my modmod is that you insert your own "policy" to Policies, then you can update the table with this: CityConnectionTradeRouteGoldModifier = 25 (any positive value increases the 'default') then give that "policy" to the players with Lua.

Maybe you can use dummy-buildings as well, if it's more feasible.

Is there an easy way to tell which techs give extra yields to civ's UIs? Having to mouse over each tech looking while not a huge issue is a bit of a pain.

Is there an easy way to tell which techs give extra yields to civ's UIs? Having to mouse over each tech looking while not a huge issue is a bit of a pain.
If you are using VP with EUI, you can mouse over the UI itself, or the terrain the UI goes on, and the techs, buildings, and policies which add to the UI will show up, as well as terrain specific advancements. That's the easiest way to view a UI of a civ you are currently playing in game.

I have a question about city states friendships/alliances and what I've been encountering lately. I'm stumped. Often, espionage on and off, if I move my attention away from trying to make allies with CS even for a moment, other civilizations run away with it to the point where it becomes impossible for me to catch up. I'm talking about loyalty in the thousands and thousands. Ive noticed this obviously with Austra/Greece the most with their kits, but even non-diplomatic ones. If I have no wonders I'm currently pursuing, I try and grab a diplo wonder here and there, but even when i have multiple cities constantly churning diplo units, it seems like a lost cause. I know I can conquer/vassal the offender but sometimes I cant due to 3-4 defensive pacts the diplo player/s have. I play on Prince, Epic and with 8 random civs max. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

I have a question about city states friendships/alliances and what I've been encountering lately. I'm stumped. Often, espionage on and off, if I move my attention away from trying to make allies with CS even for a moment, other civilizations run away with it to the point where it becomes impossible for me to catch up. I'm talking about loyalty in the thousands and thousands. Ive noticed this obviously with Austra/Greece the most with their kits, but even non-diplomatic ones. If I have no wonders I'm currently pursuing, I try and grab a diplo wonder here and there, but even when i have multiple cities constantly churning diplo units, it seems like a lost cause. I know I can conquer/vassal the offender but sometimes I cant due to 3-4 defensive pacts the diplo player/s have. I play on Prince, Epic and with 8 random civs max. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
I'm noticing similar in my current game as well, that (some?) AIs are hyper-aggressive toward City-States in order to influence them. I guess it kinda makes sense and good play from my enemy to weaken me like that, but it's getting really tedious to buy/make diplo units every couple of turns and use them. Even more interestingly, their influence often rise up so rapidly without any bonuses (for example religious beliefs), even for a CS that's behind my back and far away from the AI influencing them, that I'd like to have two questions:

1) do humans and AIs get the same quests at the same time from City-States?
2) I guess the AIs receive no bonus other than production bonuses sometimes (thus making diplo units faster) that would affect influencing CS-s, is that correct?

@Revolutionist_8 The most shocking part is the numbers being 4-5k influence. Even when you get to the Ambassador point where you can fling 180 influence etc a turn at a CS, its just impossible. I thought to myself too, well, when the WC convenes, try and get the rest of the Civs to agree to either a Sphere of Influence (even if its not me), Decolonization, or Open Door. But the Civ in question has so many votes, and/or buys the requisite votes they typically are doomed to failure. As an anecdote, I recently lost to Greece playing as Ethiopia/Science by maybe 10 turns. Hey, it happens, I'd just like to make it so I have some idea on how to combat it for future sessions aside from nuking the offending civs.

For prince difficulty that is quite strange. Those are numbers I am used to seeing on Immortal/Diety....but the last time I played Emperor (not on this version) I could maintain Cs allies with a bit of work. So perhaps something did change here in terms of AI diplomatic aggressiveness.

Here is an example from my current game

Attachments

• 20210726200958_1.jpg
    20210726200958_1.jpg
    665.6 KB · Views: 65
In the current version each AI seems to pick at least one CS to dump their diplomats on and doesn't care about the rest. Statecraft civs go for more. They also seem to respect your choice of CS allies if you don't have too many and the CS are close to you.

Top Bottom