Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Theral, Aug 23, 2016.

1. vetox20

vetox20 Chieftain

Here is an example from my current game

Attached Files:

2. azum4roll

azum4roll Emperor

In the current version each AI seems to pick at least one CS to dump their diplomats on and doesn't care about the rest. Statecraft civs go for more. They also seem to respect your choice of CS allies if you don't have too many and the CS are close to you.

vyyt and Zuizgond like this.
  3. Ita Bear

Ita Bear Warlord

Hello folks,

any plans to translate Vox Populi into other languages? Has this already been done through submods?

Kind regards,
    Ita Bear

4. Histomen

Histomen Chieftain

Question: How do you all feel about being sandwiched between 2 warmongers and one cash cow willing to funnel them money. I was playing a early mid game civ, Japan, rushed walls. Was useless wasnt able to hold off the innevitable push from atila and shoeshorn on both sides. Went especially down hill once statue of zeus was done by atila. Spawned 14 tiles away from atila and 9 from shoeshorn capitals at opposite ends and they both settled in my direction.
    Are certain games just destined to fail or am i just bad lmao
    Immortal/ communitas 2.3/ epic

5. stii

stii King

Some starts are much much harder and having multiple aggressive AIs is pretty much the worst case. However I think very few starts are truly impossible.

It helps a lot to forward settle the AI and space your cities so there just isn't enough space between your city and theirs for another city. This means your borders won't touch for a long time.

6. Borya

Borya Warlord

How to see all available (connected and imported) luxury resources?
    For some reason AI players offer me to trade for their copper, while I am sure I am already importing it from Gandhi.

Edit: Found the screen. Looks like a bug.

Attached Files:

• res.jpg
      res.jpg
      File size:
      143.9 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2021
  7. 4CV

4CV Warlord

Unfortunately my game is new and there are no resources to show yet, but usually you can find them there

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      507.2 KB
      Views:
    Borya likes this.
  8. Borya

Borya Warlord

Nice screen. I don't have it with default Vox Populli (and EUI) installation.

9. 4CV

4CV Warlord

Mod "(ui) Trade Opportunities for VP (v11.1)", shown in the Diplomacy screen

10. looorg

looorg Prince

Would it be possible to alter the military might (or whatever we should call it) score to split it and show it on a category base? As it is now there appears to be a value of total military might. I would like it to show Ground forces, Naval forces etc and possibly also then the combined value. After all the AI tends to do some fairly stupid things like having a gigantic navy but nowhere to really use it etc. Or it might not be a treat to you. Would this be possible or wanted?

11. stii

stii King

Had something with a city state I've never seen before.

Got a little message that says " a revolution against their ally is occuring within 20 turns"

It looks like the barb 20 turns overrun thing but it is slightly different, is this new, what caused it?

12. Revolutionist_8

Revolutionist_8 Prince

It's been there for quite a while, maybe it's ideology related? I don't know to be honest :D

13. Valvts

Valvts A Plant

Anybody knows why I cant put my city in here?

upload_2021-8-3_0-33-9.png

14. looorg

looorg Prince

Portugal border is right next to that tile so it's a non-viable location.

15. stii

stii King

To expand the mod adds in other civs borders to the normal 4+ from a city restriction

16. Valvts

Valvts A Plant

Is condemning someone who I am in friendship with gives me any diplomatic penalties?

17. Hinin

Hinin King

It's considered backstabbing, so it creates a negative diplomatic modifier with all civilizations, particularly with the one you denounced.

The best course of action to avoid this is to end the friendship with the civ you want to denounce (it will be angry, but it won't provoke tensions with others), wait 10 turns (in standard speed) and then denounce. If you denounce or go to war before the end of the 10 turns period, you'll still suffer the backstabbing penalty.

Another is to simply wait for the Declaration of friendship to end naturally, don't renew it, and then denounce. You don't have to wait 10 turns if you do so.

Be aware that, since DoFriendship tend to creates blocks (civilizations that like the friend of their friend, and so declare friendship with both), denouncing a civilization that you were friend with risk alienating some of your own allies.

Recursive likes this.
  18. Recursive

Recursive Covets Lands That You Currently Own Moderator

Denouncing a friend will definitely result in severe backstabbing penalties with that civ and potentially others. Ending the Declaration of Friendship instead will result in fewer penalties.

Not always - AI needs to consider you untrustworthy to apply the penalty. If they for instance hate the civ you denounced they might let it slide.

Hinin likes this.
  19. avl8

avl8 Prince

I have defensive pact with The Celts. Cahokia is my allied city-state. Can Celts declare war on Cahokia? Can I somehow prevent Celts from declaring war on my city-state allies?

20. SLGray

SLGray King

Is it not because it would only be about 3 tiles away form another city?