Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Sorry for the silly question, but after after a few dozens of hours of playing VP I still haven't been able to find out: are instant yields affected by city/empire-wide modifiers?

For instance, does the culture on kills from Authority or the science on citizen birth from Council get affected by percentage modifiers such as golden age, baths, monopolies, or is it always a flat yield?

Thanks a lot!

What is the appropriate response to your neighbor stealing land via citadel? It is so frustrating and idk if denouncing them is appropriate. I have been citadel'd five times in the last 30 turns.

What is the recommended version to install for best gaming experience ?
12.1.3 , latest beta , any other version ?

Is there a way to disable war brokering? It always ruins my games, im on the 1st place in the world by Soldiers, yet even friendly Civs with research treaties and a lot of trade keep being bribed by my foes.
I asked it in "how to install" thread and yyyt told me that there's some setting to disable it in options file. Where is this options file?

The answer is almost always "latest beta", unless it has gamebreaking bugs. In that case you go for the latest non-breaking version.

7-1-3 is pretty stable, so I'd say go for that.
Is there a way to disable war brokering? It always ruins my games, im on the 1st place in the world by Soldiers, yet even friendly Civs with research treaties and a lot of trade keep being bribed by my foes.
I asked it in "how to install" thread and yyyt told me that there's some setting to disable it in options file. Where is this options file?
It's been toned down a lot after the December version. Are you on the latest version?

The answer is almost always "latest beta", unless it has gamebreaking bugs. In that case you go for the latest non-breaking version.

7-1-3 is pretty stable, so I'd say go for that.

It's been toned down a lot after the December version. Are you on the latest version?
Yes, latest version (12-1-3). I remember playing last year and I dropped the game because of this game-breaking super annoying mechanic. Like, I've sold a Technology to Brazil for 100 GPT and next turn they declare war on me bribed by a Civ that i'm at war with, ceasing GPT income.
I don't need to get it toned down, I want to turn it off. Is there a way?

2 games with 7-1-3 + many modmods and civmods + heavy setting. Only 1 soft CTD late game. It allowed me to take a rest. Thankyou :)
This version is pretty solid. No doubt about it.

Last edited:
Thx a lot for all answers. Besides that I cant find 7.1.3 in older versions download section, it seems its pretty obvious that there is no clear pro or contra to install whatever version :)
So maybe I go with the 6.7.5 the latest beta that I can find.

Edit: After 5 minutes playing I found two bugs in 6.7.5 , no will not play this version :)

Edit 2 : Found 7.1.3. download link now in 7.1 beta thread. Will try this one. Thx all for your help.

Last edited:
Quick question: France founded Shinto in Orleans a few turns before I captured it from him. Shinto is currently only present in Orleans since France was not able to get a missionary out in time. I have already founded Judaism before this. If I now vassalize France, remove Shinto from Orleans (using an inquisitor) and return the city to France in a trade deal, will France still be the "leader" of Shinto? Or will that religion be considered to be extinct because it has been wiped out from its holy city + is not present anywhere else?

Quick question: France founded Shinto in Orleans a few turns before I captured it from him. Shinto is currently only present in Orleans since France was not able to get a missionary out in time. I have already founded Judaism before this. If I now vassalize France, remove Shinto from Orleans (using an inquisitor) and return the city to France in a trade deal, will France still be the "leader" of Shinto? Or will that religion be considered to be extinct because it has been wiped out from its holy city + is not present anywhere else?

Speculation. If you look at the religious screen I'm fairly sure that it will then say Shinto and that Orleans is the holy city and if you give it back he'll just start building faith towards it again. If you wipe the religion in Orleans out before you hand it back it could still be there but then it would be somewhat hard for him to spread it. So it will be there but it will probably be a dead religion unless he can somehow get pressure from it to spread it to a new city and then kickstart it from there. But it would appear unlikely.

So YES I think they will be considered the leader of Shinto but it will practically be a dead religion.

But the AI do weird things with "spare religions" they have. In my current game Songhai conquered Polynesia. Both had a religion so Polynesia religion got extinct. I later conquered Songhai and took their holy city. Wiping it out in favor of my religion. Some time later Songhai enhanced the polynesian religion they still had access to via it's holy city. They couldn't spread it cause it had been wiped out as far as cities and followers goes. It wasn't in majority anywhere so they couldn't build any missionaries. But Songhai got a prophet and spent it on enhancing a dead religion. So it will still be there just with zero followers, or an insignificant amount of followers that won't be able to do anything.

I believe if you give them back their holy city and they spawn a great prophet, they'll be able to flip the city and revive their old religion.

MODS/(1) Community Patch/Core Files/Core Changes/DiploAIOptions.sql

Find the "Disable War Bribes" setting, change it and save the file.

Where in the mod files can I edit xp values from combat. I know it’s possible but I cannot remember the file location.

Two questions:

1. is there a way to modify how many WLTKD days are gained by great merchant and carnival activations in the compiled files?

2. Is it possible to change the national population requirement formula for national wonders in the compiled files?

MODS/(1) Community Patch/Core Files/Core Changes/DiploAIOptions.sql

Find the "Disable War Bribes" setting, change it and save the file.
Thank you! I've searched through all of MODS folder for "war" and "broker" and found nothing, thats why I couldn't find the option myself xD

@Gazebo , @tu_79 , @azum4roll

Is there such as thing as starting bias for select civs + resources? If I can recall, there was past debate over whether leaders with UU requiring horses/iron (Songhai, Poland, Rome, etc.), should have guaranteed access (close proximity) to a deposit, at the minimum. If this is the case, then I'm assuming I could apply the same functionality to Uranium + a certain civ...? :mischief:

I'm pinging you other two fine lads because I know you've been dealing with map generation stuff for a while now, and I don't know if that pertains to anything here. Thank you.

Top Bottom