Quick Questions / Quick Answers

@Recursive, can an AI be bribed to war while they are in peace after war?

I managed to secure peace with Inca after a bloody war, thought I had 14 turns of grace during which we were not allowed to DOW each other. So I moved all my army to the opposite side of my empire to aid in war with other 2 civs. To my surprise, the Inca were bribed to DOW me again in 2 turns.

If this is intentional, I am not sure I like it. IMO, it defeats the purpose of the forced grace period. The same about the auto-DOW if the attacked civ was planning a coop war against you mentioned above - I like a bit of unpredictability and randomness in my games, but this seems a bit untransparent.

(I am think I am 2 versions behind).

@Recursive, can an AI be bribed to war while they are in peace after war?

I managed to secure peace with Inca after a bloody war, thought I had 14 turns of grace during which we were not allowed to DOW each other. So I moved all my army to the opposite side of my empire to aid in war with other 2 civs. To my surprise, the Inca were bribed to DOW me again in 2 turns.

If this is intentional, I am not sure I like it. IMO, it defeats the purpose of the forced grace period. The same about the auto-DOW if the attacked civ was planning a coop war against you mentioned above - I like a bit of unpredictability and randomness in my games, but this seems a bit untransparent.

(I am think I am 2 versions behind).

Isn't a Peace Treaty 10 turns, not 15?

AI (and humans) aren't supposed to be able to break peace treaties.

I had an AI break peace treaty but he had DP with civ that had DP with AI that I declared war to. So it was like a chain DOW, I DOW on AI that had 2 DP, but those also had DP with 3 other AI, so I ended up in a war with 5 AI's.

I had an AI break peace treaty but he had DP with civ that had DP with AI that I declared war to. So it was like a chain DOW, I DOW on AI that had 2 DP, but those also had DP with 3 other AI, so I ended up in a war with 5 AI's.

Chain DPs like that aren't intended.

Is something ever going to do be done about that annoying city-state quest that always require that you build building X in ALL YOUR CITIES? It's fine at the start of the game when you have few cities and it's usually a useful building. It sucks quite hard at the mid- and later stages of the game when it's build 50 Hotels (or Chancery, Wire service, Zoo, Airport ...). Why does it have to be in all the cities and not just a few of them. You really don't want to have them in all your cities (mostly cause they would be a gigantic drain on the economy).

Hi .. How can we disable certain city state quests? I am looking to disable the ones which requires declaring war/occupying a city as I play a peaceful game. Is there something I can change in the lua/sql/xml to achieve this? Thanks

Is there a way for me to edit ruins rewards? I'd like to remove the xp rewards from ancient ruins, or severely decrease the chance for that particular reward.

Isn't a Peace Treaty 10 turns, not 15?

AI (and humans) aren't supposed to be able to break peace treaties.
It's epic speed, I suppose these scale?

So it seems like a bug then. I'll post it on GitHub.
(Just for the record, I don't know if they had any DP, but I am sure I did not attack anyone, so no DP could be triggered, they must have been bribed to DOW)

Hi .. How can we disable certain city state quests? I am looking to disable the ones which requires declaring war/occupying a city as I play a peaceful game. Is there something I can change in the lua/sql/xml to achieve this? Thanks

You can do so by modifying the Defines table. Relevant section in vanilla GlobalAIDefines.xml:

EDIT: Sorry, re-checked and found that while you can disable the quest for declaring war (set QUEST_DISABLED_WAR to 1), the quest for conquering a city cannot be disabled on its own without disabling all of the CP/CBP quests (QUEST_DISABLED_CP_QUESTS).

---

Is there a way for me to edit ruins rewards? I'd like to remove the xp rewards from ancient ruins, or severely decrease the chance for that particular reward.

You can prevent it from happening by deleting it from the HandicapInfo_Goodies table. Refer to vanilla CIV5HandicapsInfo.xml or CBP GoodyHuts.sql.

Last edited:
Thanks for the response. About 2 years ago .. I vaguely remember an xml which contained the list of all city state quests and it was possible to comment out. Guess it is not possible anymore. Once again thanks for your help

Hello!!

is it possible to make this mod work with VP? i really miss the small flags

Moderator Action: Moved to QQ/QA. - Recursive

Last edited by a moderator:
I know I'm supposed file a github bug report, but this is so basic I'd rather not spend the time.

POLICY_FINE_ARTS still retains its 50% HappinessToCulture bonus from the base game. I assume this was an oversight as it is not listed in the help text for the policy.

This gives such a huge boost that I'm surprised nobody has noticed it all these years. Is the Aesthetics policy tree just unpopular or something? (for comparison, Divine Right only gives 25%)

Drop this fix into:
Community-Patch-DLL/Community Balance Patch/Balance Changes/Policies/Aesthetics/Aesthetics.sql
Code:
UPDATE Policies
   SET HappinessToCulture = 0
 WHERE Type = 'POLICY_FINE_ARTS'
   AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type = 'COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE_POLICIES' AND Value = 1);

Moderator Action: Moved to QQ/QA. - Recursive

I know I'm supposed file a github bug report, but this is so basic I'd rather not spend the time.

POLICY_FINE_ARTS still retains its 50% HappinessToCulture bonus from the base game. I assume this was an oversight as it is not listed in the help text for the policy.

This gives such a huge boost that I'm surprised nobody has noticed it all these years. Is the Aesthetics policy tree just unpopular or something? (for comparison, Divine Right only gives 25%)

Drop this fix into:
Community-Patch-DLL/Community Balance Patch/Balance Changes/Policies/Aesthetics/Aesthetics.sql
Code:
UPDATE Policies
   SET HappinessToCulture = 0
 WHERE Type = 'POLICY_FINE_ARTS'
   AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type = 'COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE_POLICIES' AND Value = 1);

I'll forgive posting it here since you made it so easy to paste in. :)

Done!

I'll forgive posting it here since you made it so easy to paste in. :)

Done!

that's a fun discovery, nver thought to look at culture per turn when adotping this policy... but are you updating the tooltip or removing it? In the latter case it's quite a big deal, maybe it should be discussed, moved later in the tree or something? Even if no one noticed (I didn't), if it is a huge boost, then removing it is a huge nerf no? If that has been hidden since the beginning, then artistry has had time to evolve based on experience, I doubt it is suddenly OP?

I wrote up some quick lua code so that desert river cities convert back to floodplains upon being razed, and I was wondering if I got everything right. Desert/Flat/River should be enough of a check, right?
Code:
function restoreFloodPlains(iPlayer, iX, iY)
    local pPlot = Map.GetPlot(iX, iY)
    if pPlot:GetTerrainType() == TerrainTypes.TERRAIN_DESERT and pPlot:GetPlotType() ~= PlotTypes.PLOT_HILLS and pPlot:IsRiver() then
        pPlot:SetFeatureType(FeatureTypes.FEATURE_FLOOD_PLAINS, -1)
    end
end
GameEvents.CityRazed.Add(restoreFloodPlains)

Better check if it's PlotTypes.PLOT_LAND instead of NOT PlotTypes.PLOT_HILLS. Just in case some mods make desert mountains a thing.

In the current version of the mod, can you liberate city states purchased out by Merchant of Venice ? I am bordering Enrico and considering if I should accept that DoF or not...

In the current version of the mod, can you liberate city states purchased out by Merchant of Venice ? I am bordering Enrico and considering if I should accept that DoF or not...

Yes.

Hello, probably it is not the right forum for it but please help me to answer these question:

- What is the requirements for Domination victory. Do I really need to capture every Capital or is it enough if I capture some but the rest of the civ is my vassal and i have Iron Fist (so they cannot be liberated)
- Lebensraum is only occur when I actually acquire a new tile or I get the bonus even if my city border cannot expand any further but the Border Growth counter is about to "level up"

Thanks in advance.

Moderator Action: Moved to QQ/QA thread. - Recursive

Top Bottom