Quick Questions / Quick Answers

I was wondering if anyone encountered such a graphics problem before and knows what's the issue. Thank you!

Spoiler :

20190202200218_1.jpg

What's wrong? You don't know about the new night and day feature? :crazyeye:

Night and day feature? How do I change it back to day? Or better yet, how do I change it to a bright and sunny day mode? :p

Can anybody think of a reason I could have 2 coffee here, despite having only 1 plantation, and no deals involving coffee? I think its a bug caused by puppeting antiem with a pillaged tile (i got 1 coffee after puppeting them despite the tile being pillaged, and then it increased to 2 after repairing the tile), but I want to make sure there isnt some reason before posting it on github

(Maybe ignore my religion name :p )

edit: It seems like coffee isnt showing up in trade discussions

Attachments

• New Bitmap Image.jpg
    New Bitmap Image.jpg
    566.9 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Ill assume thats a no. Ill make a github report if i dont forget, tomorrow. Anyways,

Is it possible to play on a huge map, standard speed, maxed civs & CS, until the turn limit without having to fear memory issues?

A question regarding Byzantium's bonus belief.. if I pick two founder belief, am I able to construct both founder buildings? If so, am I able to pick two reformation beliefs?

On top of that, can someone recommend a good religious combo for Byzantium? I was thinking something like Way of the Pilgrim + Veneration + Dioceses(hope I didn’t butcher that).. there are only 2 founders near me and 2 non founders as my direct neighbours. I should be able to spread rather easily.

On the other side, I was also thinking of something like Ceremonial Burial, Divine Inheritance, and Iconography.

I started off with tradition because I have space for maybe 6 good coastal cities, it’s looking like I will take statecraft or artistry. I can take pictures if it would help :)

A question regarding Byzantium's bonus belief.. if I pick two founder belief, am I able to construct both founder buildings? If so, am I able to pick two reformation beliefs?

On top of that, can someone recommend a good religious combo for Byzantium? I was thinking something like Way of the Pilgrim + Veneration + Dioceses(hope I didn’t butcher that).. there are only 2 founders near me and 2 non founders as my direct neighbours. I should be able to spread rather easily.

On the other side, I was also thinking of something like Ceremonial Burial, Divine Inheritance, and Iconography.

I started off with tradition because I have space for maybe 6 good coastal cities, it’s looking like I will take statecraft or artistry. I can take pictures if it would help :)
You can build both buildings, your holy sites will get two buffs, but you only get 1 reformation belief.

I'd say that the "normal" strategy would be to choose beliefs that benefit spreading your religion and spread your religion like crazy. I would usually take Fealty and prepare for religious conflicts. Borobodur is a cool wonder if you can get it. You also probably want a way to spend faith, such as zealotry. You will produce a lot of faith once you build your unique temples.

@DakaSha , hard to say, it depends on your hw specs. But you should be safe on a good machine if you do not use other memory heavy mods such as R.E.D. or the old FlagPromotions (the new one is more memory usage friendly).

I play even epic on huger than huge Tectonic and I am usually alright (I haven't played until the time limit for a while though). Usually around 18 AIs and 20 CSs.

I'm curious about how people feel about Tradition AIs. If they have land to expand to, they will easily get a lot of cities (sometimes up to double digits). Will these AIs be stronger if they stick with fewer cities like what humans do or are they stronger when they expand more? I want to hear what other people observe.

I'm curious about how people feel about Tradition AIs. If they have land to expand to, they will easily get a lot of cities (sometimes up to double digits). Will these AIs be stronger if they stick with fewer cities like what humans do or are they stronger when they expand more? I want to hear what other people observe.

I'm new, but from what ive read people seem to agree that it would probably be better for the AI to not expand so much, both due to it being a better choice as well as making for a better game. However, writing city settling settling/expansion logic is very hard and the AI is usually just going to be better off settling when the chance presents itself, as opposed to blowing a circuit trying trying to figure out whether its a smart move.

My interpretation: The AI can settle or not settle, with the first option at least providing some benefit usually (if even to just screw over the human), but the second may backfire. So the safest option is to just settle (until somebody comes up with a good system for the AI, at least)

I'm new, but from what ive read people seem to agree that it would probably be better for the AI to not expand so much, both due to it being a better choice as well as making for a better game. However, writing city settling settling/expansion logic is very hard and the AI is usually just going to be better off settling when the chance presents itself, as opposed to blowing a circuit trying trying to figure out whether its a smart move.

My interpretation: The AI can settle or not settle, with the first option at least providing some benefit usually (if even to just screw over the human), but the second may backfire. So the safest option is to just settle (until somebody comes up with a good system for the AI, at least)

I understand that writing code isn't easy. However, Tradition seems to favor tall civs and AIs don't tend to know that. Those going for Progress/Authority do excel when they expand more. Of course, I want to get the perspective of other players, particularly those playing on higher difficulties, if Tradition AI that go taller instead can be much more dangerous. More cities means higher policy/tech costs so imagine a tall Tradition AI that maximizes what it needs to be even tougher to deal with. I'm not asking for any changes now but I'm just curious about this as I see in my games wide Tradition civs and cannot help but wonder how much more ahead/behind they'd be if they stayed tall. I just want those who played more to share their experience and their thoughts on the matter.

I understand that writing code isn't easy. However, Tradition seems to favor tall civs and AIs don't tend to know that. Those going for Progress/Authority do excel when they expand more. Of course, I want to get the perspective of other players, particularly those playing on higher difficulties, if Tradition AI that go taller instead can be much more dangerous. More cities means higher policy/tech costs so imagine a tall Tradition AI that maximizes what it needs to be even tougher to deal with. I'm not asking for any changes now but I'm just curious about this as I see in my games wide Tradition civs and cannot help but wonder how much more ahead/behind they'd be if they stayed tall. I just want those who played more to share their experience and their thoughts on the matter.

The AI absolutely understands 'what bigger/smaller means based on game decisions' But this isn't vanilla. 4 cities + tradition isn't mandatory.

G

The AI absolutely understands 'what bigger/smaller means based on game decisions' But this isn't vanilla. 4 cities + tradition isn't mandatory.

G

I guess I'm just jealous that I'm stuck with a handful of owned cities if I go for Tradition when the AIs can do whatever they want and make it work regardless. xD

Question regarding wonders, does capturing a city with a wonder raise the cost of your other wonders? If so, does the era scaling remain the same?

Is there a way to make it so that in City View it doesn't immediately jump to next city when you que up a building?

I usually que like 4 buildings in a row but it insta jumps to the next city after the first.

Thanks!

Small strategy question: whats the general consensus on splitting social policies?

For example Catherine Russia, I just get the border growth in Tradition and then swap to Progress or Authority. In one sense you end up losing out on the complete branch bonuses, but sometimes I only need a single point in a tree.

Is there a way to make it so that in City View it doesn't immediately jump to next city when you que up a building?

I usually que like 4 buildings in a row but it insta jumps to the next city after the first.

Thanks!
I think there should be a switch in the setup probably. But I don't know which one, because my game never acted that way.

Thanks!
Get out of the city screen and enter again manually. You can queue up as much as you want, and move to whatever city you want.

Small strategy question: whats the general consensus on splitting social policies?

For example Catherine Russia, I just get the border growth in Tradition and then swap to Progress or Authority. In one sense you end up losing out on the complete branch bonuses, but sometimes I only need a single point in a tree.
Pick and complete a policy tree for each period. I mean, in medieval you should not start another ancient tree.

Top Bottom