• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Quick Questions / Quick Answers

@Gazebo , @tu_79 , @azum4roll

Is there such as thing as starting bias for select civs + resources? If I can recall, there was past debate over whether leaders with UU requiring horses/iron (Songhai, Poland, Rome, etc.), should have guaranteed access (close proximity) to a deposit, at the minimum. If this is the case, then I'm assuming I could apply the same functionality to Uranium + a certain civ...? :mischief:

I'm pinging you other two fine lads because I know you've been dealing with map generation stuff for a while now, and I don't know if that pertains to anything here. Thank you.
Nope, not implemented.
However, if you make, say, oil very common in deserts, then civs with a starting bias on deserts are likely to get it.
What we have is the strategic start option which creates one stack of horses and another of iron around the starting settlers, all of the major ones.
If you want to use that, you may create also a stack of uranium for all players.

Or, if your civ has a bias, then you can increase the amount of any resources in those biomes. Reduce the frequency value and it will create more resources.

Is there a relatively quick way to change something so that it's possible to build farms on (river/fresh water) hills again? I respect the hard work everyone's put into this mod (and all others), and it's always a treat to see new versions - it's just this one thing that feels silly to me (not being able to build a farm on a hill). :)

@Gazebo , @tu_79 , @azum4roll

Is there such as thing as starting bias for select civs + resources? If I can recall, there was past debate over whether leaders with UU requiring horses/iron (Songhai, Poland, Rome, etc.), should have guaranteed access (close proximity) to a deposit, at the minimum. If this is the case, then I'm assuming I could apply the same functionality to Uranium + a certain civ...? :mischief:

I'm pinging you other two fine lads because I know you've been dealing with map generation stuff for a while now, and I don't know if that pertains to anything here. Thank you.
Just make the Palace of that certain civ spawn a deposit of uranium nearby? Should be possible.

What line did you need to remove from the goodyhuts file to remove Golden Age Points from them? I have asked this earlier but I have problems with searching in this forum (if anyone has any good tips there I would love to hear them, I never really find what I am looking for when I search)

Nope, not implemented.
However, if you make, say, oil very common in deserts, then civs with a starting bias on deserts are likely to get it.
What we have is the strategic start option which creates one stack of horses and another of iron around the starting settlers, all of the major ones.
If you want to use that, you may create also a stack of uranium for all players.

Or, if your civ has a bias, then you can increase the amount of any resources in those biomes. Reduce the frequency value and it will create more resources.
Thank you tu, but I'd preferably not have other spawned civs emitting NK's radio-activeness. The strategic start sounds like an option if I could somehow make it exclusive to a Uranium deposit spawning strictly for NK, but I think I'll need to settle for more simplicity due to my lack of any real mod knowledge.

Just make the Palace of that certain civ spawn a deposit of uranium nearby? Should be possible.
This... actually seems like a really legit idea! See, it's ways of thinking and solutions like this, that someone with my inexperience would not necessarily realize. Thank you.

What line did you need to remove from the goodyhuts file to remove Golden Age Points from them? I have asked this earlier but I have problems with searching in this forum (if anyone has any good tips there I would love to hear them, I never really find what I am looking for when I search)

('GOODY_GOLDEN_AGE', 'TXT_KEY_GOODY_GOLDEN_AGE', 'TXT_KEY_GOODY_CHOOSE_GOLDEN_AGE', 'AS2D_GOODY_WARRIOR', 0, 200, 0),

Whats the recommended Count/Separation of City States based on Map Size? I play with YNAEMP Huge and Giant.

Thx

Heya, jumping back in after quite the hiatus.

I've noticed that wonders have a "only until X era" tag in the extended info section of the civilopedia. I initially thought that meant when their effects were made obsolete by tech advances, but obsolescence is still a separate thing by the looks of it.

So... what does that line/tag signify?

Thanks~

I've noticed that wonders have a "only until X era" tag in the extended info section of the civilopedia. I initially thought that meant when their effects were made obsolete by tech advances, but obsolescence is still a separate thing by the looks of it.

Thanks~
I'm pretty sure it means that you can only build the wonder until the specified era. 99% sure

Thanks~

Most likely it's that wonder's MaxStartEra (the latest era the game can start in - in game settings - where you can still construct the Wonder).

I'm not able to understand when roads become available on mountains. Anyone could plese explain that?
Hmmm... I definitely remember there being a tech allowing for roads to be built on mountains, but I'm not sure which one. I definitely know it's one of the later techs, though. Or maybe you can't, what do I know?

What's with poverty/unhappiness during mid-late game driving unhappiness into the ground? How big is the bonus the AI gets (they never seem to lose happiness), do they even need luxuries?

What's with poverty/unhappiness during mid-late game driving unhappiness into the ground? How big is the bonus the AI gets (they never seem to lose happiness), do they even need luxuries?
It's just like that. You cannot warmonger or play wide without having poverty (yield distress for me, for some odd reason) drive your happiness into the ground. Not sure about Tradition though, but the A.I probably gets insane advantages if they can play wide and maintain their happiness

Actually - this is kind of unrelated to VP, but does anyone have/remember where to find an automatic adjustment for IGE for VP? I remember it was floating around somewhere and there was a manual and automatic option, and I want to move it to somewhere else, because it's blocking my tourism screen

Actually - this is kind of unrelated to VP, but does anyone have/remember where to find an automatic adjustment for IGE for VP? I remember it was floating around somewhere and there was a manual and automatic option, and I want to move it to somewhere else, because it's blocking my tourism screen
This is old but still works fine for me (replace IGE_Window.lua inside IGE main folder)

Attachments

• IGE_Window.zip
    4.5 KB · Views: 18
Civilized Jewellers Corporation makes trade units move twice as fast. Does that mean trade routes get completed faster or trade units makes extra runs towards target city? Thanks.

Hello everyone, I have a question about the diplomatic victory: does the AI often vote for each other to become World leader? I just had a game as Israel end because the Aztecs voted for Indonesia, which gave them enough votes to win. Keep in mind that the Aztec weren't a vassal of Indonesia, so they just handed them the victory for no real apparent reason.

Top Bottom