Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Can someone tell me the SQL syntax for removing the tank upgrade from Patriotic War? I've tried everything I can think of and it still isn't working correctly.

Can someone tell me the SQL syntax for removing the tank upgrade from Patriotic War? I've tried everything I can think of and it still isn't working correctly.
Code:
UPDATE Units SET PolicyType = NULL, PrereqTech = NULL WHERE Type = UNIT_GERMAN_PANZER;
Or
Code:
DELETE FROM Units WHERE Type = UNIT_GERMAN_PANZER;

Last edited:
Why bananas icon doesn't have any detailed information when you hover mouse on it...? All other resources have some kind of detailed information - f.e. telling you its monopoly bonuses etc.

Why bananas icon doesn't have any detailed information when you hover mouse on it...? All other resources have some kind of detailed information - f.e. telling you its monopoly bonuses etc.
Bananas provide no extra yields or anything else. They only provide a spot to place a plantation.

Hey, when using VP, I'm not getting tile improvement suggestions for workers, is it intentional, or something wrong with my game? I have checked all possible options, they are not turned off, and when playing without VP i'm getting the suggestions. Not that it's that much of an issue, but i like having the suggestions

Hi there! I'm playing with max civilizations, and once an AI player gets a copy of a luxury resource, he sells it to another AI player during the same turn. As a result, I have no time and opportunity to buy copies of luxury resources from AI, and when they have only one copy left, they ask for a minimum of 7 gold for it. is there a way to solve this problem?

Hi there! I'm playing with max civilizations, and once an AI player gets a copy of a luxury resource, he sells it to another AI player during the same turn. As a result, I have no time and opportunity to buy copies of luxury resources from AI, and when they have only one copy left, they ask for a minimum of 7 gold for it. is there a way to solve this problem?
whenever you buy their luxury for the high price. they will offer you a cheaper deal once the current deal runs out

About AI's culture victory: Ok, I can see from "tourism screen" if AI has influenced all other civs. Then I read you need to also build Citizen Earth Protocol (it's unlocked basically after finishing two T3 tenets?). Do I get some kind of notification when AI is building it and how close it is to finish it? Now I am kind of relying on the fact that I would get some kind of notification about it (I feel I got a notification about AI being close to cultural victory some years ago). Would be nice to see how close AI is to finish it - or I use spies for that information? :)

About AI's culture victory: Ok, I can see from "tourism screen" if AI has influenced all other civs. Then I read you need to also build Citizen Earth Protocol (it's unlocked basically after finishing two T3 tenets?). Do I get some kind of notification when AI is building it and how close it is to finish it? Now I am kind of relying on the fact that I would get some kind of notification about it (I feel I got a notification about AI being close to cultural victory some years ago). Would be nice to see how close AI is to finish it - or I use spies for that information? :)

Pretty sure there is no notification , you just need to use spies to spot it. It does at least take ages to build.

I was playing tall, tradition and peaceful run. I had The Huns in the north and Austria in the south. For whole game through mid-game I felt I was sandwiched since they kept declaring war on me and I had to defend, while Assyria was alone building 12 wonders next to Austria.

Is there a map / setting that kinda makes the game feel more "balanced" in terms of civ placements? I don't feel it's fair that I am getting sandwiched while Assyria can do its run peacefully lol. Yeah I could have built more soldiers and not to settle 4 tiles away from Austria's capital etc., but kinda hoping something like a single continent for each two civs or something similar, so it would be at least fair 1vs1...

Is it communitas mapscript for VP the solution? Or Continents? I was playing Emperor in Fractal with 8 civs.

Hello,

How can I make the puppet cities construct some buildings from a new implanted era ? (future era)

And at the same time, is it possible to restrain a few buildings to be buildable with XML ?

Thank you

Edit: I switch the building technology to any regular Era, and they actually make them, but not when it is the new custom era

Moderator Action: Moved to the Vox Populi forum - QQ/QA thread. - Recursive

Last edited by a moderator:
Installed the patch (have done this a few times before) on have unique components, unique citystates, expanded naval warfare, info addicts and enlightenment era (all for VP). It says I am missing mods for community events, enlightenment era, and citystaes and can't figure out why. Anyone know what could be wrong and sorry if this is in the wrong place.

Installed the patch (have done this a few times before) on have unique components, unique citystates, expanded naval warfare, info addicts and enlightenment era (all for VP). It says I am missing mods for community events, enlightenment era, and citystaes and can't figure out why. Anyone know what could be wrong and sorry if this is in the wrong place.
If you click on the mod, it will tell you what other mod(s) it is referencing and - potentially - depends upon. Maybe this could help?

Hello,

How can I make the puppet cities construct some buildings from a new implanted era ? (future era)

And at the same time, is it possible to restrain a few buildings to be buildable with XML ?

Thank you

Edit: I switch the building technology to any regular Era, and they actually make them, but not when it is the new custom era

Currently, the "limited puppet buildings" rule is hardcoded into VP, but I can add an option to disable it for next version.

Currently, the "limited puppet buildings" rule is hardcoded into VP, but I can add an option to disable it for next version.

Oh, I was wondering why my post was moved and why I could not find any help. That makes sense now, that would be great for me and also other modders in the future I suppose

Oh, I was wondering why my post was moved and why I could not find any help. That makes sense now, that would be great for me and also other modders in the future I suppose

The "limited puppet buildings" change is exclusive to Vox Populi, so you wouldn't have found help anywhere else.

1. why science output decrease when founding new cities? Before I completely reinstalled Civ5 to have "science output" from citizens. But still it makes no sense. City output 10 (7 buildings + 3.06 population + 7.8 population from Empire). Description of mod says "science will not help you win" - sure thing after 100-130 turns (epic speed) I prefer to end game due to 10+% difference with AI on immortal.
Tutorial does not say anything on that.
2. why sometimes units take different movement points on the same terrain? Barbarians for example move two hills/forests per turn or even 3 flat terrain having only 2 movement. Looks kinda fishy.

Attachments

• 343.jpg
    343.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 32
2. why sometimes units take different movement points on the same terrain? Barbarians for example move two hills/forests per turn or even 3 flat terrain having only 2 movement. Looks kinda fishy.

Barbarians can have various promotions that give them an advantage in where their original camp spawns. It can be that a certain terrain namely desert, forest/jungle, hills take half the movement points or they get the potential to embark. The promotion flag mod makes this very easily visible with small icon(s) over the top of an unit showing what specific promotions they carry. Highly recommend using it: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/promotion-flags-eui-for-vp.651957/page-3

Top Bottom