Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Yes. Inquisitors remove holy city status if it exists, and cuts the amount of foreign religion pressure in a city by 50%
Thanks a lot. So, to make things clear: it is still possible to remove the Holy City status, but I need to spam Inquisitors? (I guess chances to remove a religion completely have dropped)

Thanks a lot. So, to make things clear: it is still possible to remove the Holy City status, but I need to spam Inquisitors? (I guess chances to remove a religion completely have dropped)
No, one Inquisitor will do it.

Hello guys, does anyone know?
1. Do promotions that give "+ x combat strength when defending" work when a unit is range attacked or only when defending in melee combat?
2. Can I assign different mission to my spy that just completed one? Or have to send him to another city, cancel, resend?

Hello guys, does anyone know?
1. Do promotions that give "+ x combat strength when defending" work when a unit is range attacked or only when defending in melee combat?
2. Can I assign different mission to my spy that just completed one? Or have to send him to another city, cancel, resend?
1. I was under the impression that the bonus is only given when defending against melee attacks.
2. After a few turns, the spy will prompt you to select a mission. It seemed to me that it would take as many turns (5) as it would take to set up a surveillance after arriving in the city. Very incomprehensible system with the duration of missions.

Hello all, had a quick question about World Congress host voting:

How does the AI determine who to vote for as host? I've had games where my allies and I all voted for the same civ to beat out an enemy's votes, and games where our votes were split which allowed an enemy with fewer combined votes to become host.

Hello all, had a quick question about World Congress host voting:

How does the AI determine who to vote for as host? I've had games where my allies and I all voted for the same civ to beat out an enemy's votes, and games where our votes were split which allowed an enemy with fewer combined votes to become host.
(Coming from my observations)
depends on your friends and how many votes you and they have. For example, if they can't win but they really like you and you have a chance at winning, then they will vote for you. This happened to me multiple times, but I'm fairly certain there are other modifiers and weights for calculation as well, Recursive can probably give more details.

Could someone explain what "Empire Size Modifier" is all about? Didn't find it in Civipedia.

it's described in the Civilopedia: Happiness -> Calculation of Needs Thresholds.
Basically, if you have more cities and population, it is harder to keep your cities happy. The empire size modifier increases the amount of yields you need to prevent unhappiness from needs (distress, boredom etc).

Do I get victory if I vassalize every AI in the game?

Is there anything that can cause a massive influence decay or is this a bug. I also have a trade route with the CC and Trade Confederacy.
CC.png

For some times now, the more influence you have with a CS, the faster it's influence decays.
I remember it being a square relation (²).

Hi there
Old time player looking to try out out again. But so many changes...

Seem to remember a page where one could read about mechanics, e.g. Happiness (seems to have changed a lot). Am I right and I which case how do I find it?

\Skodkim

Hi there

Seem to remember a page where one could read about mechanics, e.g. Happiness (seems to have changed a lot). Am I right and I which case how do I find it?

\Skodkim
If I were you I'd try to read back the changelogs, to get details of recent(ish) changes:

https://forums.civfanatics.com/forums/previous-releases.622/

There is also a wiki page, but not everything is 100% accurate there:

https://civ-5-cbp.fandom.com/wiki/Civ5_CBP_Wikia

Hi there

\Skodkim
Some parts of the Civilopedia have also recently been updated. Not everything is up to date yet, but e.g. the current Happiness system is explained there.

Does anyone have InfoAddict working with the latest release? Can't seem to find the button anywhere (and maybe there's a specific VP version?).

\Skodkim

Does anyone have InfoAddict working with the latest release? Can't seem to find the button anywhere (and maybe there's a specific VP version?).

\Skodkim
I do not remeber when I got my InfoAddict,but it works with this and all previous VP versions of past year

I do have some trouble in keeping up with tech starting from Industrial era. Doesnt matter how do I play-wide,tall,always going with rationalism,ether spaming GS doesnt work, I always do well with putting out raw science(like always being top3;5 in that area from 16civ games). Seems like AI just have lower tech cost. Playing with 5-10 tech gap in late game is not so fun bc its the time of game everybody starts going wild.
Recognized that this actually did not happen in previous versions.
Always playing Huge,Epic speed games om Emperor.

I do have some trouble in keeping up with tech starting from Industrial era. Doesnt matter how do I play-wide,tall,always going with rationalism,ether spaming GS doesnt work, I always do well with putting out raw science(like always being top3;5 in that area from 16civ games). Seems like AI just have lower tech cost. Playing with 5-10 tech gap in late game is not so fun bc its the time of game everybody starts going wild.
Recognized that this actually did not happen in previous versions.
Always playing Huge,Epic speed games om Emperor.
Plus I have tried to counter it with Scholars of Residence. No luck

Top Bottom