Quick Questions , Quick Answers

You definitely CAN bribe units (might be a feature that must be turned ON, dunno), but maybe not ALL of them either.
And my suggestion is more towards "how to CATCH the annoying War Trolls that demolish my armies" and not so much just to catch them for (not so) free.
I never play that way anyways (I actually prefer political warfare in the first place, as opposed to endless wars that last forever and ruin the FUN of turn-based playing).
Just thought it might be a viable solution to "these FRACKERS keep eating my armies, no matter what I do", ya know.
Never mind, I guess.
It's an interesting concept as a counterbalance to an OP unit situation.

It's an interesting concept as a counterbalance to an OP unit situation.
Am I right about that feature?
Probably an ON/OFF Game (or even BUG) Option somehow, no?
Still, it'd be QUITE REALISTIC as well - to, ya know, literally bribe Hackers, loool.
That way it's both effective AND immersive.:scan:

So my limit to maximum Hackers is reached, can't have any more.
You can't BUILD more.
I see no reason against you BUYING beyond the cap, though.

Interestingly, this would be fun to check by making (if there is none now) a unit that can be TRADED and is LIMITED.
As in: Can you really BUY limited units beyond the cap?
I would guess that YES, but this (probably) needs testing.
Right, @Thunderbrd ?

Am I right about that feature?
Probably an ON/OFF Game (or even BUG) Option somehow, no?
Still, it'd be QUITE REALISTIC as well - to, ya know, literally bribe Hackers, loool.
That way it's both effective AND immersive.:scan:
It might be a BUG option that toggles it. You do have to be able to see the unit and with criminals that can be tough to achieve.
You can't BUILD more.
I see no reason against you BUYING beyond the cap, though.

Interestingly, this would be fun to check by making (if there is none now) a unit that can be TRADED and is LIMITED.
As in: Can you really BUY limited units beyond the cap?
I would guess that YES, but this (probably) needs testing.
Right, @Thunderbrd ?
Proponents of limited units have been trying to solve loopholes. I'm not one of them so I'm not sure where we are with that right now in the game rules.

Checked.
BUG => RevDCM => Spy Options => Bribe Mission.
So, yes, ON/OFF type, but it exists.
I'd say it's a good counter, since you can have a bunch of spies lying in wait for the stupid Hacker to attack something nearby, and then they ambush him with BRIBES.
And a Hacker is immune to other Hackers as well, ya know.
LOL!

I just thought of a SCENARIO, where you get some high-end Spiez, NO USABLE CITY to build anything whatsoever (or NO CITY, period - if Total Kill is ON), tons of moneyz, and a Goal to conquer the world by using those Spiez and moneyz.
I'd even play this for REALZ, if anything.
LOOOLZ!!!

Is this a bug? In other cities I built this building and now I generally cannot build buildings that require shelter bilding.

Attachments

• 11.png
    11.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 49
Is this a bug? In other cities I built this building and now I generally cannot build buildings that require shelter bilding.
If I remember correctly it requires storage pit or barter post. Do you have either one of those built in your city?
Edit I see in your image you don't have barter post built. A tip is make sure you have barter post and its eventual replacements built as a priority.

OH I researched pottery but didn't build a barter post. Thanks mate!

You're welcome.

Does anyone know any particularly aggressive leaders? I always play with 3 civilizations and I like to have one really aggressive leader like Yagan on the map. However I am tired of playing against Yagan.

Does anyone know any particularly aggressive leaders? I always play with 3 civilizations and I like to have one really aggressive leader like Yagan on the map. However I am tired of playing against Yagan.
Pretty sure Montezuma is, otherwise if you go into the pedia under the trait, they are all there.

Okay will do, having an aggressive player prevents things from going stale too fast. Thank you.

I just read your discussion in august about the visibility of the exile unit. I don't know if you found a solution, but isn't it easier to make those invisible units like exile only be available once dogs are available. Or make it a unit upgrade for criminals that comes available once dogs are in the game.

I just read your discussion in august about the visibility of the exile unit. I don't know if you found a solution, but isn't it easier to make those invisible units like exile only be available once dogs are available. Or make it a unit upgrade for criminals that comes available once dogs are in the game.
The point is that they are in the game before dogs.

I enjoy the surprise factor of criminals. It's even more fun on a pangaea map with an aggressive opponent. It keeps you on your toes for sure.

The point is that they are in the game before dogs.
I meant the option to give the criminals a possible upgrade to be invisible once dogs are discovered. So they aren't by trade.

Hidden nationality: always
invisibility: an upgrade

But then.... The surprise effect of exiles destroying your grainfields is not bad either

I meant the option to give the criminals a possible upgrade to be invisible once dogs are discovered. So they aren't by trade.

Hidden nationality: always
invisibility: an upgrade

But then.... The surprise effect of exiles destroying your grainfields is not bad either
Honestly, you really should just try how it works out for you on Hide And Seek so they are experienced as intended.

Another quick question: I am pretty sure I choose the option to limit cultural units (so you get max 15 of them)
And in the advanced start menu it is tagged (and I am pretty sure I tagged it before I started the game), but in game it doesn't seem activated as I can get unlimited special cultural units. I play with the latest SVN. Started a week ago or so and updated the SVN in the meantime (with recalculations)

Is this option not working atm?
And what is the shortcut to check the pre game option while ingame? Just to make sure to see the option really is on (and I am not only thinking I tagged the box before I started)

Top Bottom