Quick Questions , Quick Answers

Is it intended for Wrub and the Neanderthals to begin with twice as much culture as everyone else? Every civ starts with its relevant local culture, but Wrub has C.L. Neanderthal and C.L. European. It's the other extreme from the previous versions, when Neanderthals started out behind on it because Neanderthal culture didn't give culture.

Posted this on other thread but probably more relevant here:

So, enjoying a very good challenging game in Ancient era and suddenly i am deep in deficit even at 0% research. the reason?

Population anger because of war meaning none of my pops are working resources/cottages etc. The problem is I play with (start as minor civs) and there seems to be a new mechanic where diplomacy is available before writing?
I don't why a couple of civs suddenly stopped being classed or minors or why my war anger is suddenly so massive...any help?

it's a great game and it would be a shame to lose it but a couple of more turns and I'm toast

I've always played with minor civs but this has never happened before, can I salvage the game somehow?

Posted this on other thread but probably more relevant here:

So, enjoying a very good challenging game in Ancient era and suddenly i am deep in deficit even at 0% research. the reason?

Population anger because of war meaning none of my pops are working resources/cottages etc. The problem is I play with (start as minor civs) and there seems to be a new mechanic where diplomacy is available before writing?
I don't why a couple of civs suddenly stopped being classed or minors or why my war anger is suddenly so massive...any help?

it's a great game and it would be a shame to lose it but a couple of more turns and I'm toast

I've always played with minor civs but this has never happened before, can I salvage the game somehow?
Start as minors is tough on the AI for numerous reasons so for a long time we've been generally warning away from playing with it. As to how it may interact with war anger is hard to know for sure.

Start as minors is tough on the AI for numerous reasons so for a long time we've been generally warning away from playing with it. As to how it may interact with war anger is hard to know for sure.

Thanks, yes I've read that but the war anger thing suddenly appearing and diplomacy available before writing are 2 new things to me ... this has never been an issue before

Thanks, yes I've read that but the war anger thing suddenly appearing and diplomacy available before writing are 2 new things to me ... this has never been an issue before
Anyway easily solved with editor, just thought I'd mention it

Is there an easy to follow guide to set up the SVN? Getting back to the game for the first time in a while

I understand what you were trying to point out and was hoping someone might have some insight but apparently noone does or they would've said something. I'm saying I personally don't have a clue. I wasn't aware of any changes to diplomacy timing and is not having war weariness normally a thing with start as minors?

I understand what you were trying to point out and was hoping someone might have some insight but apparently noone does or they would've said something. I'm saying I personally don't have a clue. I wasn't aware of any changes to diplomacy timing and is not having war weariness normally a thing with start as minors?
Are you also using the Barbarian Civ option? It says that it changes the criteria for minor civs to become full civs, so that could explain the diplomacy changes.

Funny you say that, because it seems minor civs exist even when the option is not chosen. In my current hotseat game they appear once barbarian cities become civs. It seems like the minor civ option is hardcoded into the barbarian civ option.

Also for some weird reason Iran lost all it's cities to barbarians, but I also have require complete kills on which prevented them from dying. Suddenly the cities the barbs captured from them flipped back, and then it happened. Iran became a minor civ! :wow: So I guess their now eternal terrorists.

Funny you say that, because it seems minor civs exist even when the option is not chosen. In my current hotseat game they appear once barbarian cities become civs. It seems like the minor civ option is hardcoded into the barbarian civ option.
It is. When barb cities become civs they become minor ones regardless of whether you're using minor civs as an option. The problems it gives a civ, they certainly have, but it's more appropriate for them in that case than it is for EVERYONE at the start of the game.

It is. When barb cities become civs they become minor ones regardless of whether you're using minor civs as an option. The problems it gives a civ, they certainly have, but it's more appropriate for them in that case than it is for EVERYONE at the start of the game.

Ok so it's not a bug, what about Iran though? Can a civ respawn from barbarians in the exact place it was before?

Ok so it's not a bug, what about Iran though? Can a civ respawn from barbarians in the exact place it was before?
Yeah I think there may even be a preference for it setup in that python - to reflect the people regaining a foothold on their old nation.

How do I load a missile onto a sub or missile cruiser? I have a Nuclear Sub with 5 cargo spaces designated for missiles and a Missile Cruiser with 4 cargo spaces for missiles. Yet my Guided Missile refuses to be guided on board...

Last edited:
How do I load a missile onto a sub or missile cruiser? I have a Nuclear Sub with 5 cargo spaces designated for missiles and a Missile Cruiser with 4 cargo spaces for missiles. Yet my Guided Missile refuses to be guided on board...
Is the ship on the same tile as the missile? Such as in the city where the missile is located? It should be loadable from there. It's possible there's some bugs - and if you've tried to expand what those ships can carry and by the selections you've used changed what sort of thing they carry, then the missile won't load. And then there's a possible size conflict - are you using SM or no?

Is the ship on the same tile as the missile? Such as in the city where the missile is located? It should be loadable from there. It's possible there's some bugs - and if you've tried to expand what those ships can carry and by the selections you've used changed what sort of thing they carry, then the missile won't load. And then there's a possible size conflict - are you using SM or no?

I have tried loading both ways: flying the missile from the city onto the ships (like you can do with Fighters and Carriers), and trying to load from within the city onto the ships (no loading icon appears). I have not changed what the ships can carry and I am not using Size Matters.

I have tried loading both ways: flying the missile from the city onto the ships (like you can do with Fighters and Carriers), and trying to load from within the city onto the ships (no loading icon appears). I have not changed what the ships can carry and I am not using Size Matters.
hmm
it may be seriously bugged right now. I will be soon working on a major rework in how loading and such works, but perhaps some of the guys working on the shorter term problems would be able to take a look into it.

While an AI turn is running, I will hear the dreaded "you just lost a battle" sound. Most of the time I have no idea where the action took place since the map does not zoom to the battle zone.
I have all the "show Friendly/Enemy moves" turned on and the "No Combat Zoom" option is OFF.
Sometimes I can click on the battle info in the log and the screen will zoom to the battle zone but most of the time, nothing happens when I do this. Is this because I am using the Viewports option and the action took place on another view?
Any other ways I can go to the location of the battle?
Thanks

Is this because I am using the Viewports option and the action took place on another view?
Probably. Things can only happen in the background of the game engine when it's not on the active viewport/map.

Top Bottom