Quick Questions , Quick Answers

mind posting save with great wall?
unfortunately I failed to find turn when it happened, but it was quite common in my games, I will post next time when I have this situation:)
Sounds like it isn't on civilian units, perhaps because they don't have the military training?
I see, in some of SVN civilian units had enhanced march option, including ancestral band starting unit that creates first city:)

I see, in some of SVN civilian units had enhanced march option, including ancestral band starting unit that creates first city:)
I'm guessing tbh. It would take some xml diving to see what's up with the march statuses and I'm still on the fence with whether I think they are good for the game design because they've introduced numerous unforseen consequences with so much potential movement speed. It's an interesting idea still but I'm STILL not sure if I like it or not and I think it's possible some other modders may be tinkering here and there with that stuff due to some of the same misgivings.

Looking at the Map options there is now a C2C World Remixed, what is the difference between this and C2C World?

Looking at the Map options there is now a C2C World Remixed, what is the difference between this and C2C World?
As I've understood it remixed has less wetland, deserts, and cold terrains; more temperate.
World set to tropical is similar to remix set to temperate, only remix at that point has less wetland.
I don't know the details, I made the original world, another modder made a few changes to it and called it remixed.

I've just returned back to C2C after a long break and must say I am impressed with the state of the mod. Just one Question. It seems the city Quick build choice screen has been changed and does not show all buildible things in cities no longer just a few. Is there a way to restore the old quick build screen that come in the map? So I don't over look religious buildings and such and do not have too go into the main city screen all the time? TY ahead of time :)

Last edited:
I've just returned back to ustionC2C after a long break and must say I am impressed with the state of the mod. Just one Question. It seems the city Quick build choice screen has been changed and does not show all buildible things in cities no longer just a few. Is there a way to restore the old quick build screen that come in the map? So I don't over look religious buildings and such and do not have too go into the main city screen all the time? TY ahead of time :)
Nope it was extremely slow in later game, like causing up to 10s wait when going to next city.

Instead disable production popups in BUG settings and just open cities and add multiple buildings at once.

I noticed changes with religious techs ((made red)) with limited religions. I was wondering if with limited religions now if the AI will still found religions using divine prophets since it seems now that if one persons founds a religious tech with both options on that all religious techs are made red. Does this mean only three or four religions will end up being in game by the modern era?

Also does the AI continue to hoard prophets as well?

I noticed changes with religious techs ((made red)) with limited religions. I was wondering if with limited religions now if the AI will still found religions using divine prophets since it seems now that if one persons founds a religious tech with both options on that all religious techs are made red. Does this mean only three or four religions will end up being in game by the modern era?

Also does the AI continue to hoard prophets as well?
It was a looooong time ago that much of this was worked on but IIRC, with limited rel on, it won't hang onto a prophet.

Thank you , do religions still get founded often enough? Just a bit concerned as it seems that if one person founds a religion all other related techs in that era are made red. For example. Someone beats me to Shamanism I can't research Druidism as an alternate in the Prehistoric Era to get a prophet.

Random questions:
1.) Is it possible to change the UI font through like config or XML files?
2.) Is it also possible to modify the AI through config/XML files to get them to stop spamming criminal/pirate units?
3.) I've been considering making a modmod with new resource buttons; if I do would I just slap the new files into the mod's art folder?

1.) Is it possible to change the UI font through like config or XML files?
Yes, it can be done in this file:
...\Caveman2Cosmos\Resource\Theme\C2CTheme_Common.thm
2.) Is it also possible to modify the AI through config/XML files to get them to stop spamming criminal/pirate units?
Not really.
3.) I've been considering making a modmod with new resource buttons; if I do would I just slap the new files into the mod's art folder?
Yes, loose files will overwrite whatever is in the compressed FPK files. So just put the art files in the path that xml art-defines says they should be and it should work.

Yes, it can be done in this file:
...\Caveman2Cosmos\Resource\Theme\C2CTheme_Common.thm
Not really.
Yes, loose files will overwrite whatever is in the compressed FPK files. So just put the art files in the path that xml art-defines says they should be and it should work.
Thank you! Had a feeling about the AI but figured I'd ask anyway.

Hey guys, quick question: I have a nice game running now, and in spite of my gripes with this mod ( too many features/buildings etc. that don't matter) I enjoy playing it a lot.

My biggest problem is however the turn times. Is there a list of common measures one can take to improve those? My hardware can run current games usually, but my current game (Standard size, 8 civs including me, everyone with around 8 cities now) slows down a lot now and it takes most of the fun away. Thanks for your help.

Hey guys, quick question: I have a nice game running now, and in spite of my gripes with this mod ( too many features/buildings etc. that don't matter) I enjoy playing it a lot.

My biggest problem is however the turn times. Is there a list of common measures one can take to improve those? My hardware can run current games usually, but my current game (Standard size, 8 civs including me, everyone with around 8 cities now) slows down a lot now and it takes most of the fun away. Thanks for your help.
Are you using the latest SVN? I have not noticed tunr time issues since I returned to the mod.

Get SVN
https://github.com/caveman2cosmos/Caveman2Cosmos/wiki/Using-SVN

It's much less about cities than about units (which have to "think" their movements each turn).
Which is why playing with badly chosen setting against nothing but Barbs (with but a few cities) would still lag a lot, since they'd build units like crazy.

Top Bottom