Quo's Combined Tweaks

Quo's Combined Tweaks v7.0.19 BETA

I enjoy the changes you've made quite a bit, but I have a huge issue. Everytime I capture a city I get a crash to desktop. My game is fully updates with all dlc and your mod is the only one I'm using, can't figure out what the problem is.

Im getting the same problem. Only in your latest version, and I also had a crash when an AI captured a city.

I also got this to happen with 3.05, except it was when I razed a city. shame civ 6 doesn't generate crash logs. if they do, it's not in the main folder or the documents folder.

I enjoy the changes you've made quite a bit, but I have a huge issue. Everytime I capture a city I get a crash to desktop. My game is fully updates with all dlc and your mod is the only one I'm using, can't figure out what the problem is.

Hmm. I'm sorry to hear the mod is causing problems. Is there any way you can attach the Modding.log, Lua.log and Database.log files from the C:\Users\ [your name ] \Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Logs folder? I'll take a look and see if I can figure out the issue.

Ok I was able to duplicate the crash issue when taking a city. Logs not providing any clues as to what is happening. :/ I will stab at it until I can figure out what broke it. My first guess is the way the options system adds the special buildings that control border speed. If I can't fix it I can at least remove it until it can be fixed (again).

Another update, I believe the offender that is causing the crash can be disabled by commenting out line 72 in the Scripts/Quo_GameLaunch Lua file:

fnQuo_CreateOptionAdministration( player ) ;

Unfortunately, you'd have to start a new game for the removal to work, because this function is called on Turn 1 or 2 of the game and saved. It adds the special "dummy" building that adds game options. I'll be posting a new version later, but if you want to comment it out in the meantime and see if it fixes your game, feel free.

Another update, I believe the offender that is causing the crash can be disabled by commenting out line 72 in the Scripts/Quo_GameLaunch Lua file:

fnQuo_CreateOptionAdministration( player ) ;

Unfortunately, you'd have to start a new game for the removal to work, because this function is called on Turn 1 or 2 of the game and saved. It adds the special "dummy" building that adds game options. I'll be posting a new version later, but if you want to comment it out in the meantime and see if it fixes your game, feel free.

I did a quick duel game to test that out and it seems to have worked. I'll start a regular game now and see if everything goes smoothly. Thank you for the quick fix and I look forward to future updates to your great mod.

I should note that my issue in 3.05 doesn't happen every time (in fact, I went almost 400 turns without running into it). I did build several wonders, including stonehenge and the terracotta army, and I have wondrous wonders installed, so when I conquer a city, a pikeman is spawned on the same tile. not sure if it's related or not due to small sample size, but I think it might be caused by razing the city while my old unit and the pikeman share the same tile. however, after restarting the game, I repeated the process and the city razed just fine with no crash.

I should also note that every time I capture a city, the game lags a bit (right before the unit that takes the city actually tries to take the city), and razing the city takes a while. it could be that it's just my system timing out, since I also have ynamp and this game's eating up all of my RAM, but considering I went 200+ turns in one sitting wiping out the kongo without getting this bug to happen, then going 5 turns and having the bug happen right away, then going 20 turns before it happened again, it just seems odd. I thought that it might be the same bug as the others were having, but if it's caused by a line of code that's not even in the 3.05 version, then I guess I have a different issue.

I should note that my issue in 3.05 doesn't happen every time (in fact, I went almost 400 turns without running into it). I did build several wonders, including stonehenge and the terracotta army, and I have wondrous wonders installed, so when I conquer a city, a pikeman is spawned on the same tile. not sure if it's related or not due to small sample size, but I think it might be caused by razing the city while my old unit and the pikeman share the same tile. however, after restarting the game, I repeated the process and the city razed just fine with no crash.

I should also note that every time I capture a city, the game lags a bit (right before the unit that takes the city actually tries to take the city), and razing the city takes a while. it could be that it's just my system timing out, since I also have ynamp and this game's eating up all of my RAM, but considering I went 200+ turns in one sitting wiping out the kongo without getting this bug to happen, then going 5 turns and having the bug happen right away, then going 20 turns before it happened again, it just seems odd. I thought that it might be the same bug as the others were having, but if it's caused by a line of code that's not even in the 3.05 version, then I guess I have a different issue.

Yeah I don't think we had the same issue. Before that quickfix I was crashing instantly everything time I would capture a city, no keep or raze option just ctd.

Unrelated question; I'm currently playing as England and was wondering if I need to wait until Naval Tradition to build their unique district or can I build a regular harbor earlier and somehow upgrade it to the unique one once it's available?

Last edited:
Unrelated question; I'm currently playing as England and was wondering if I need to wait until Naval Tradition to build their unique district or can I build a regular harbor earlier and somehow upgrade it to the unique one once it's available?

check the civilopedia article, quo's managed to edit the text of at least most of his edits. I believe they get it at the same time as the normal harbor (astrology) but since it's not a replacement of the harbor but an additional district, I could be wrong. to be safe, just check the civilopedia article.

Yeah I don't think we had the same issue. Before that quickfix I was crashing instantly everything time I would capture a city, no keep or raze option just ctd.

In the mod, England's Royal Navy Dockyard District is essentially an "extra" district you can build on water tiles. It unlocks later than the "main" Dockyard, and does not count against population totals. Essentially, it works like a Neighborhood you can build on water tiles, that also gets adjacency bonuses similar to the "main" dockyard, for being next to a Sea Resource or the City Center. Any buildings like the Lighthouse are only built in the "main" Dockyard. A single city can have both a "main" dockyard and a "royal" one.

One thing I've realized recently is that the RNDY doesn't let you build Ship units in it if you place it in a non-coastal city without a regular Harbor. This was to prevent a possible crash from a city having two possible origin points for ship units. Rather than make an aribitary rule like "only buildable next to city centers or existing harbors" I just let it plop in as-is. But if it's confusing to people, could maybe enforce a rule that you can only build it in cities that can already build ships.

isau updated Quo's Combined Tweaks with a new update entry:

Quo Combined Tweaks v3.7.1

This update features some bug fixes, including a critical fix to a crash to desktop when a city is captured.

Removed Feature: "Border Speed" drop-down box
Once again I have removed this option from the game, as the in-game implementation was causing issues with stability.

New Code File: MyOptions.sql
This new code file appears in the main mod folder. The idea is it will contain values people frequently want to edit but don't know how to do it in the code. Any value you enter...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I like that swordsmen have been buffed to 40 combat strength, but I noticed that Ngao Mbembas remain at 35. Is this intentional?

I like that swordsmen have been buffed to 40 combat strength, but I noticed that Ngao Mbembas remain at 35. Is this intentional?

Actually, Firaxis just buffed Swordsmen to 40, so I removed the buffs to them (but forgot to document it). Any unit that replaces the Swordsman gets +5 combat unless adding +5 would give it more than 50. This is to fix the fact the Firaxis forgot to buff Kongo and Japan's swordsmen.

Don't know if this is a bug or intentional but the Naval 2 (Ren & Ind) policy card isn't boosting production towards the English Sea Dogs.

isau,
I like MyOptions.sql idea - can you add research/civic speed conf to this file?
Also maybe minimum distance between cities...
If no, then it's not a big issue - I can use separate mod(s) for this I guess :)

Is this mod compatible/recommended with CQUI (latest nightly)?
It should be compatible with most mods that add units, maps, change the UI, or change the AI.

Last edited:
Hi I'm new at modding and I wanted to ask something. I made a mod that gave adjacency bonus to Stave Church. However, your mod moved the district placement requirement of the stave church to move to the city centre from the holy site hence the mod that I made doesn't really function. Is there anyway to move it back to the holy site while still having both your mod and mine on at the same time? I tried creating an SQL file with a load order of 10200 and dependencies to your mod that pretty much have this

UPDATE Buildings SET PrereqDistrict='DISTRICT_HOLY_SITE' WHERE BuildingType='BUILDING_STAVE_CHURCH' ;
UPDATE BuildingPrereqs SET PrereqBuilding='BUILDING_SHRINE' WHERE Building='BUILDING_STAVE_CHURCH' ;
UPDATE Building_YieldChanges SET YieldChange='4' WHERE YieldType='YIELD_FAITH' AND BuildingType='BUILDING_STAVE_CHURCH' ;
However, the building is still built via the city center. Is it possible to get some help on this? I can post the modinfo file too if it helps. Thanks you

TLDR: I want the Stave Church to go back to holy site when your mod and mine is one and stay in city center when its only your mod that is on. What do I do?

Last edited:
stuff

TLDR: I want the Stave Church to go back to holy site when your mod and mine is one and stay in city center when its only your mod that is on. What do I do?

I remember in other games, mods are capable of checking for other mods (if file X exists, enable Y). I'm not sure if that's possible in civ 6 though (yet or at all).

that said, if the mod is just for you, then really you could just backup the file you want to edit and change it, and then change it back when you don't intend to use your mod. at worst, you could include a compatibility file if it's for others and tell them to simply overwrite his file with yours so that they play nice (make sure you warn players to back up their files, of course)

I remember in other games, mods are capable of checking for other mods (if file X exists, enable Y). I'm not sure if that's possible in civ 6 though (yet or at all).

that said, if the mod is just for you, then really you could just backup the file you want to edit and change it, and then change it back when you don't intend to use your mod. at worst, you could include a compatibility file if it's for others and tell them to simply overwrite his file with yours so that they play nice (make sure you warn players to back up their files, of course)
Yea so far Im just editing the code when i'm playing on my own. Also what do you mean by compatability file?

for example, if you're uploading your mod for others to use, inside of the zip folder will be 2 folders. one contains your mod's contents, and the other would be the compatibility fix. In the case of quo's tweaks, inside of the compatibility folder would be the files that belong to quo's mod that you've changed. you then tell people to simply overwrite quo's stuff with that to be compatible. since it only includes affected files, it should be fairly small compared to the whole mod.

I believe this is different to compatibility files you see in other games, which temporarily change the contents of a mod rather than temporarily changing the contents of a game, but I'm not actually a modder. yet, anyway. so my knowledge on the subject is mostly superficial. There are probably better fixes available, but mine works with no knowledge of modding, while simultaneously being rather unfriendly to other users (instead of plugging in the mod and playing, they now have to back up files and such, and so instructions are actually needed). if the mod's just for you, then this is a moot point anyway, though.

Top Bottom