1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Quo's Combined Tweaks v6.0.18 BETA

Combines various tweaks from the "Quo's" series into one package.

1. DioAurion

DioAurion Chieftain

If the trade routes indeed feel overpowered, I'd suggest needing the Carthage city state while you're at it. With the heavier need of encampments in this mod, whoever is sovereign over Carthage has a game changing number of caravans to construct.

Another possible issue to consider is rebalancing civic techs to fall more in line with the slower science techs. I'm finding myself accidently 2 eras ahead of myself in civics compared to science. Makes warfare awkward as my pikemen besiege cities defended by cannons as steel ships pull out of port to harvest crabs.

2. Snaff

Snaff Chieftain

Hey Quo! I really like all your tweaks, especially the friendship bonuses. I was wondering if you had plans to edit or remove anything from this pack when the expansion comes out?
    Also, got any rebalancing ideas for the new improvements coming out? (The Mapuche's Chemamull and Scotland's Golf Course)
    The Chemamull looks fine, but I feel like Scotland's Golf course is a bit weak, isn't it? I mean, why would you build an entertainment District if the tile improvement provides entertainment already, eh? (Just my personal thoughts)

3. Ridesdragons

Ridesdragons Chieftain

first, you say the golf course is weak, then say that you'd rather build it than the entertainment district? second, while it provides amenities, it also provides culture and gold, and it gets a further boost when placed adjacent to the entertainment district, so it's quite viable. as for the entertainment district, it provides more amenities, and in an AoE, providing amenities to all cities nearby instead of just the home city. the golf course is best used in tandem with the district.

4. isau

isau Warlord

Hi folks,

I know everyone is excited to play Rise and Fall. :) I am not yet sure how long it will take to bring this mod up to date with the new expansion. Some things have changed in my personal life that make modding a bit more difficult to find time to do. But, over the long term, I'm sure this mod will see future updates, once I have a grasp on how gameplay changes have affected the mod. The new civs, at the least, will likely need boosts to compete with the existing QCT civs.

RohirrimElf and MarcosQuadros like this.
  5. isau

isau Warlord

isau updated Quo's Combined Tweaks with a new update entry:

Quo's Combined Tweaks v5.0 ALPHA for Rise and Fall

Read the rest of this update entry...

RohirrimElf likes this.
  6. Sole Survivor

Sole Survivor Chieftain

Thanks for updating the mod so quickly... excited to try it this weekend!

RohirrimElf likes this.
  7. isau

isau Warlord

Quo's Combined Tweaks v5.0.1 ALPHA for Rise and Fall

RohirrimElf likes this.
  8. RohirrimElf

RohirrimElf Chieftain

Just started a new game as Seondeok. Will take me about a week to finish i guess. Looking forward to what the community has to say about this mod update.
    Currently waiting for AI+ mod. Pretty much any mod has been broken right now.

9. Hanny

Hanny Chieftain

Marathon speed, science yield drops to nothing for pop, which may be a scaling thing but struck me as odd anyhow.

10. DanaLea

DanaLea Chieftain Supporter

From the Overview page, near the bottom:
    upload_2018-2-9_8-55-37.png

11. Hanny

Hanny Chieftain

Thanks for the heads up, missed that completly:blush:

Edit. QUO MOD OPTIONS, has the option to turn it on/off.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  12. bostonbongrips

bostonbongrips Chieftain

So if we would like to play rise and fall with the your civ buffs...which rule set do we select? Expansion: Rise and Fall, or Quo Civilization Buffs Only?

13. Ridesdragons

Ridesdragons Chieftain

any support given to those who don't have the new dlc? the patch messed up a lot of stuff even without the dlc

for example, god of the open sky pantheon (culture to pastures, recon ignores closed borders) doesn't work properly right now. scouts can still walk through closed borders, but only if you tell them to move to a tile you currently cannot see. tell then to go to a tile in closed borders within sight and it'll ask if you want to declare war.

14. isau

isau Warlord

This is part of the "Hardcore rules for science and culture." It's an option you can turn off in the MyOptions.sql file. I think it's the first option in there. It's turned on by default. I personally play with it turned on, but there are a lot of players who prefer it off. It's up to you. I find it makes the Science and Culture districts much more critical to build. Overall, the mod is intended to put pressure on you to think about every district. With this option on, and with Walls requiring an Encampment, there is big pressure to prioritize some Districts.

Keep in mind tho it was built for the Vanilla game. We will have to see how it fares under R&F.

Select the Rise and Fall option. Eventually I'll change the drop-down text to make this clearer. It was just a matter of rushing to get fixes out and not having time to figure out what they changed in R&F with the tags.

I won't be supporting the un-DLC game past the last release (v4.0, which was an Alpha, or the versions released before it). Those older versions of the mod may still work with the unmodded game. Sadly its just too much work to try to make the mod backwards compatabile with the content prior to the DLC, so I won't be building or testing specifically for the pre-Expansion material.

That said I may need to look at how the rules that allowed units to enter open borders function after the latest patch. It used to work, but there is no promising Firaxis didnt change something that broke these features of the mod.

Also-- Keep in mind the Government system is currently VERY broken. Firaxis changed how the text displays. The functions added in the versions of the mod prior to are still there, but not described in game. I'm still figuring out how to work around this, because there is extremely limited room to add text to this screen as of R&F. A goal of this mod is to avoid modding screen Lua files, so that players can still use GUI mods. So for now we have a wait and see situation.

Still, the mod appears to be mostly functional in R&F with some hiccups. Which I honestly found surprising. :) We'll see how fast I'm able to fix the new issues.

[to_xp]Gekko and RohirrimElf like this.
  15. Hanny

Hanny Chieftain

Hi

playing on Marathon hard core i like the Ancient Age feel, but as soon as get a campus with governor, its a massive step increase in science civic output, and the next age flies by in tech, coupled with low unit numbers due to very low ability to produce units by the AI, makes storming their cities to easy. I think the problem is the low build rate for units, so perhaps a reduction of unit costs in marathon may be called for.

Great Generals become the hot thing for gaining and they go like hot cakes, i believe more of them are required if you have a larger number of civs in play, any chance of scalling the great people to the number of civs in play?, or perhaps making each civ able to produce a great general specific to their civ in each age to take out the competative edge to aquiring them, instead it becomes when you get one, not if you get one.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
  16. DanaLea

DanaLea Chieftain Supporter

I'm not sure, but I hope this means that there'll always be one supported release prior to the most up to date one... us Mac people have to wait for patches and expansio..... Took nearly three MONTHS before we got the "Fall" patch (got it in January!)

I've switched to non-steam version so I have fewer issues, but I love your mod and don't really want to play without it. Thanks!

17. isau

isau Warlord

Quo's Combined Tweaks v5.0.2 ALPHA for Rise and Fall

RohirrimElf likes this.
  18. isau

isau Warlord

New version posted with some minor updates. Main fix is to the government descriptions.

I also realized after I posted that there's a typo in Merchant Republic that makes it look a little weird. It should say +6 Gold +3 Culture from Oases. Fixed on my end, fix will roll out with next update.

RohirrimElf likes this.
  19. Ridesdragons

Ridesdragons Chieftain

by supporting the pre-DLC version, I didn't mean adding stuff for pre- and post-dlc (getting 5.0 to work without the DLC), but rather making it so what we had before the dlc was released actually works properly after the patch (getting 4.0 to work without the DLC after the patch). for example, CQUI plans on making an update for post-patch, pre-dlc, and after that's up and working properly, all updates after that will require the DLC. the patch borked both YnAMP and CQUI, and it's causing problems in your mod too.

a 4.0.1(hotfix) ALPHA would be fine by me lol

20. RohirrimElf

RohirrimElf Chieftain

My game keeps crashing on the 103th turn. I only have great people portrait mod on besides Quo.