Quo's Combined Tweaks

Quo's Combined Tweaks v7.0.19 BETA

Hi there!
Can somebody please help me to create a separate rule-set to just include the pop yield i.e. to include only the functionality where science and culture are disabled when there is an increase in the population.
I've tried but I'm unable to see the effects during the rule-set selection.
If somebody has time, please help me out.

Thanks!

Anybody please? :(

you only need this:

Code:
-- Drop the free science and culture from population to 0
UPDATE GlobalParameters SET Value='0' WHERE Name='SCIENCE_PERCENTAGE_YIELD_PER_POP' ;

UPDATE GlobalParameters SET Value='0' WHERE Name='CULTURE_PERCENTAGE_YIELD_PER_POP' ;

you only need this:

Code:
-- Drop the free science and culture from population to 0
UPDATE GlobalParameters SET Value='0' WHERE Name='SCIENCE_PERCENTAGE_YIELD_PER_POP' ;

UPDATE GlobalParameters SET Value='0' WHERE Name='CULTURE_PERCENTAGE_YIELD_PER_POP' ;
Thanks so much for your response. Actually that part I got it but I was wondering if I can make one stand alone without having any other thing added. I want to play a vanilla game but with only this (0 science and culture per pop) functionality available.
Is there any way?

it's definitely possible, I think the easiest way would be to grab a very simple SQL mod and replace its code with what I copypasted in my previous post. for example you could use Quo's Rocketboots that's linked on isau's signature

Last edited:
it's definitely possible, I think the easiest way would be to grab a very simple SQL mod and replace its code with what I copypasted in my previous post. for example you could use Quo's Rocketboots that's liked on isau's signature
Thank you so much. Much appreciated :)

That makes sense to me. I will try it today and hopefully I won't mess it up :)

Thanks again!

it's definitely possible, I think the easiest way would be to grab a very simple SQL mod and replace its code with what I copypasted in my previous post. for example you could use Quo's Rocketboots that's liked on isau's signature
I just tried it. I'm attaching the code below. It looks like I missed something :(

Can you please see if there is something wrong with this? I still see an increase in science. :(

File Name: Code.sql
UPDATE GlobalParameters SET Value='0' WHERE Name='SCIENCE_PERCENTAGE_YIELD_PER_POP';
UPDATE GlobalParameters SET Value='0' WHERE Name='CULTURE_PERCENTAGE_YIELD_PER_POP';

ModFile: Changes.modinfo
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Mod id="52e9eb96-e559-4c54-b34f-b26742fb2ab5" version="1.1">
<Properties>
<Name>Quo's Mod</Name>
<Teaser>Disable Science and Culture</Teaser>
<Description>Disable Science and Culture</Description>
<Authors>Quo</Authors>
</Properties>

<!-- Files included -->
<Files>
<File>Code.sql</File>
</Files>
</Mod>

Try putting that code in the file called MyScratchpad.sql in the mod folder. That file is there so that players of this mod can add their own custom tweaks. It loads after all other resources in this mod, so it is possible to reference any of the modifiers this mod creates, and it ensures whatever you add doesn't get overwritten when the mod loads.

isau updated Quo's Combined Tweaks with a new update entry:

Quo's Combined Tweaks v5.0.5 BETA for Rise and Fall

This beta patch contains fixes to a small number of issues and some minor balance changes.

• Unmodded Korea was simply overpowered as heck. To tame them back, Korea now has a -10% science and culture penalty in cities without governors, changing to +10% in cities with governors. They also now receive +1 Faith to mines adjacent to Seowon district (instead of science).
    • Overall this is still really powerful. It does change the focus of Korea somewhat, into a dual...

Read the rest of this update entry...

since updating to 5.0.5, even with hardcore rules turned off (set to 0, as per default), they're on, and pops do not provide anything towards science or culture

since updating to 5.0.5, even with hardcore rules turned off (set to 0, as per default), they're on, and pops do not provide anything towards science or culture

Oh wow. I just looked at how I handled fixing the code and you're right. I'll put in a fix tomorrow. Thanks for the bug report.

Also just noticed with the most recent update that 1) in main screen options, the adviser level resets to "new to civilization" on every restart or new game (It was doing this before RF release with your mod, stopped until this most recent update, and now started again), 2) now even when the advisor is checked off, I am still getting pop ups. Just a minor detail I have noticed :).

Also just noticed with the most recent update that 1) in main screen options, the adviser level resets to "new to civilization" on every restart or new game (It was doing this before RF release with your mod, stopped until this most recent update, and now started again), 2) now even when the advisor is checked off, I am still getting pop ups. Just a minor detail I have noticed :).

Same here.

This is intentional, somewhat. The pop-ups created by this mod are hijacked from the Tutorial system. The mod resets the Tutorial level to be sure the pop-ups display. For all the things that are easy to mod in Civilization 6, adding a pop-up to the screen is one of the surprisingly difficult ones to do smoothly. :) At least while remaining compatible with GUI mods like CQUI.

I'll look into whether there's a way to to stop that from happening. It's a tricky thing to do with Lua. In the meantime tho, I did add for the next release some code to stop the popup window from showing after Turn 1, so you will no longer have to click through it after reloading a save, or reset your tutorial level after the first turn.

isau updated Quo's Combined Tweaks with a new update entry:

Quo's Combined Tweaks v5.0.6 BETA for Rise and Fall

Minor changes made, mostly bug fixes and a small number of balance changes.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the Enable Hardcore Science Rules option in the MyOptions file to do the opposite of what was selected.
  • Removed the Cree ability that granted extra movement to units in foreign lands. The totally loyal cities buff they got last patch more than makes them strong enough for this mod, IMO, without this bonus, and it was buggy anyway.
  • Increased the number of required land tiles...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Re: the Cree unique unit, why not give it the free second promotion, and keep all other scouts at one free promotion? (Or 3 vs. 2)

Re: the Cree unique unit, why not give it the free second promotion, and keep all other scouts at one free promotion? (Or 3 vs. 2)

I've thought about it, but I'm not sure that wouldn't make it crazy overpowered with the ability to race over hills and through forests from Turn 1, plus that would put you just one promotion away (potentially) from the +20 combat buff promotion.

A bolder option might be changing it from a Recon unit entirely and reimagining it as a Support unit that gives recon-unit like abilities to Infantry. Unfortunately the AI will likely not succeed well with that. But it's a potential option.

Yet another option on the table is to give it Ranged attacks.

I've thought about it, but I'm not sure that wouldn't make it crazy overpowered with the ability to race over hills and through forests from Turn 1, plus that would put you just one promotion away (potentially) from the +20 combat buff promotion.

yea, I can understand that. in some cases it can be extremely powerful, as well. in my game (as australia), I spawned next to the new mountain that gives alpine training to new units, so instead of giving my scouts the hill buff, I give them ranger instead, and ignore the hill buff altogether. imagine if that happened with the cree with +2 levels instead of +1. ignores trees and hills, attacks first, and after a few villages, +20 ATK.

also, glad to see there's a new method of handling the levels lol. I've been manually adding the scouts of MOAR and such to it. did you do the same for musketmen niter cost? (there are replacements for musketmen that aren't included in the sheet, though I'm not sure if they're absolutely needed)

A bolder option might be changing it from a Recon unit entirely and reimagining it as a Support unit that gives recon-unit like abilities to Infantry. Unfortunately the AI will likely not succeed well with that. But it's a potential option.

I'm not even sure that this really means. does it give its level bonus to units it's tied to? could be really nice in this case, but not sure how that would even work, and, like you said, AI wouldn't understand how it works lol

Yet another option on the table is to give it Ranged attacks.

I'm not really for this. the ranger getting ranged attacks was nice, but only because it also got a nice ATK boost. a scout with ranged attacks would be really weak, especially considering ranged units typically have lower normal attack power when defending. it'd be a "neat" ability at best, and considering it'd be lost the second it's upgraded (and with MOAR it upgrades to the explorer somewhat quickly), it doesn't really make it any better than regular scouts.

if it's possible, something like the pathfinder from Civ V would be amazing (pick your bonus from the goody hut, picked bonus goes on a cooldown). it'd be powerful (could pick settlers and builders, avoid free recon units, rush first pantheon, relics, etc), but not too powerful (can only pick settler once every 6 goody huts or so, when other players could potentially get 3 in a row from RNGsus). though that's probably asking too much lol. the bonus speed's a fine idea if all else fails.

also, glad to see there's a new method of handling the levels lol. I've been manually adding the scouts of MOAR and such to it. did you do the same for musketmen niter cost? (there are replacements for musketmen that aren't included in the sheet, though I'm not sure if they're absolutely needed)

I'm actually debating removing the "no Niter for musketmen" rule. It was originally put in place for Vanilla because AIs were terrible about upgrading their units. They seem to be doing much better as of R&F and the original reasoning may no longer stand.

FYI it is possible to scan the database for any unit that derives from another unit like this:

Code:
UPDATE Units
   SET Combat = Combat + 5
 WHERE Units.UnitType IN (
    SELECT CivUniqueUnitType
      FROM UnitReplaces
     WHERE ReplacesUnitType = 'UNIT_SWORDSMAN' AND
           Units.Combat < 50

That is the old code that used to add +5 combat to all Swordsmen and any unit that derived from them, provided the unit's combat score was less than 50. You can change out UNIT_SWORDSMAN and the combat additional requirement as you desire. That way you you don't have to manually add units to your exception list one by one.

Top Bottom