1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Quo's Combined Tweaks v6.0.16 BETA

Combines various tweaks from the "Quo's" series into one package.

1. Fierro

Fierro Chieftain

What are you talking about? I tried to remember early food bonuses but nothing comes to mind.

As for cards see MyOptions.sql in documents/mods/quo's combined tweaks directory

2. isau

isau Warlord

I'm unable to think of many early food bonuses in this mod. Perhaps what you'e referring to is the buffed sea resources? That was originally added to the mod in Novemeber 2016 to make sea tiles worthwhile. Since that time Firaxis has buffed Harbors (in some cases implementing features found in this mod, like City Center/Harbor adjacencies.) I didn' go back and remove all the changes after the Firaxis buffs mainly because sea tiles still seem somewhat lackluster to me for the tradeoff of losing districts. I could in theory add a MyOption for it but there have been few comments about that feature.

I can't think of other food buffs other than Oases (arguably they could be sitiationally too powerful with a perfect combo of policies and wonders). There's some minor friendship buffs for food (from Kongo) and a handful of new food options from Secret agendas if you get super lucky. One of the panthiens adds food in the capital... is there something else I'm missing?

3. isau

isau Warlord

I forgot to mention--since it is impossible to guess what every player will like or not like about the mod, there is also a file called MyScratchpad that allows you to insert your own SQL code to adjust specific things as you would like. If you can provide examples of which sources of food are overpowered I may be able to provide some code to paste there that will nullify the bonuses.

4. DrNooooo

DrNooooo Chieftain

This seems to break AI civ's agendas. When I play with this mod enabled, I get leaders giving me warnings on the first turn, but the warnings are blank or glitchy - they'll either say what the AI's agenda is with no dialogue or they'll say "WARNING - REASON UNKNOWN."

Love this mod - any reason this could be happening? Is it because I don't have all the DLC civs?

5. papaguss

papaguss Chieftain

There is an XML error in line 203 position 7 on the newest version v6.0.1Alpha of "Changes.modinfo :
    "An XML cannot contain '--' and '-' cannot be the last character, Line 203,position7."

6. johncade

johncade Chieftain

Just wondering if there will be any problem using JFDs custom Leaders?, he has now made some of them R&F compatible, don't know if they will work with the Secret Agenda's.

7. isau

isau Warlord

This is a known issue and part of why as of v6.0.1 this mod is still in an alpha stage. What's happening is the Random Agendas are triggering their conditions inappropriately and the leader stepping in to tell you. I'm still trying to figure out how to stop the leader from doing that, but the kudo/warning message conditions are still new to me. I believe this only happens with the Dotard leaders. I think it has something to do with the conditionals attached that make the Dotard agenda trigger. Still trying to patch it out. For now just think of the nonsense like an incoherent tweet from a leader in over his or her head. :D

Thanks, this is potentially a pretty serious bug. May be why some people are having issues with the mod. I'll patch it soon.

In theory they should work with the secret agendas, since all leaders, both the ones included with the game and modded in, roll random agendas. The secret agenda flavors simply hitch a ride on this random roll. In essence, what the secret agenda flavors do is clone the existing 15 or so random/secret agendas four times, then modify each clone set with additional characteristics to set it apart.

That said, mod compatibility is sometimes more art than science. Ideally the mods should be compatible, but sometimes for whatever reason they are not. I do my best to keep this mod neutral regarding add-ons or like new units, leaders, etc, but its not possible to test every possible combination and conflicts do sometimes occur.

johncade likes this.
  8. johncade

johncade Chieftain

No worries, thanks isau, I'll give it a run and report back if there are any issues.

9. AzraelSorrow

AzraelSorrow Chieftain

I've got an issue. I'm trying to add a feature that makes it so fishing boats also give +1 production in addition to +1 food as you've added.

I tried taking this from the files
    UPDATE Improvement_YieldChanges SET YieldChange='1' WHERE ImprovementType='IMPROVEMENT_FISHING_BOATS' AND YieldType='YIELD_GOLD' ;

and change it to this, adding it to the file the above came from and then to the scratch pad file, neither worked and I don't know why.
    UPDATE Improvement_YieldChanges SET YieldChange='1' WHERE ImprovementType='IMPROVEMENT_FISHING_BOATS' AND YieldType='YIELD_PRODUCTION' ;

Any help is appreciated.

EDIT: I've found the issue but I'm not entirely sure how to fix it. Your code alters existing lines of code to change the listed yield from A to B. But if the existing lines of code for that kind of yield (production on fishing boats for example) then nothing happens.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
  10. isau

isau Warlord

It doesn't work because UPDATE can only change values that actually exist in the database. Since Fishing Boats don't natively increase Production, the UPDATE statement affects zero rows (I.E. the WHERE part of the query returns no results, so nothing gets updated.)

The best way to insert new records into the MyScratchpad file would probably be to use an INSERT OR REPLACE statement. That will insert new records to the table. The OR REPLACE part means "or, if a record of this type already exists, replace with this new one." It's important to add that part to the INSERT statement in case later in this mod or another mod attempts to INSERT the same record into the table.

Code:
    INSERT OR REPLACE INTO Improvement_YieldChanges (ImprovementType, YieldType, YieldChange) VALUES ('IMPROVEMENT_FISHING_BOATS', 'YIELD_PRODUCTION', '1') ; 

I recommend downloading a free SQL editing tool like SQLiteStudio if you're going to be editing a lot of things in MyScratchpad. That way you can test run your queries to make sure you get the results you want. Maybe I can write up instructions on how to do that specific to this mod sometime. For general instructions, you can read my tutorial on using SQLiteStudio in the Creation and Customization forum: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/tutorial-modding-with-sqllite-studio-pc.608352/

11. AzraelSorrow

AzraelSorrow Chieftain

Awesome, thank you. Now I just gotta work out how to make a seaport add +1 production to all coastal tiles. These 2 things were something I adored from one of my favorite balance mods to give better use to coastal cities, and with the introduction of the harbor in the game, I think it's needed even more.

12. isau

isau Warlord

You'll need to create an INSERT INTO BuildingModifiers like what is used by Lighthouses to increase Food production. If you are comfortable with SQLiteStudio or another SQL tool that connects to the database you can use this query to see the data that would need to be inserted:

Code:
    select * from buildingmodifiers
    left join modifiers on modifiers.ModifierId = buildingmodifiers.ModifierId
    left join modifierarguments on modifierarguments.ModifierId = modifiers.ModifierId
    where modifiers.modifierid like '%LIGHTHOUSE_COAST_FOOD%'

Screenshot of the relevant data you'd need to insert below. Just make sure to add it to the Seaport instead of the Lighthouse.

upload_2018-3-2_10-14-10.png

13. isau

isau Warlord

isau updated Quo's Combined Tweaks with a new update entry:

Quo's Combined Tweaks v6.0.2 ALPHA for Rise and Fall

Read the rest of this update entry...

14. Guynemer

Guynemer Chieftain

You mentioned AI+ in the update, and that made me remember something.

In the game I previously detailed (in which I used AI+), Cyrus declared war on Poundmaker, and overran the Cree's border city pretty easily with a mixed force of immortals and pikeman. However, they could not actually capture the city, because those units are now classified as ranged, so the city just sat there with zero health surrounded by the Persian army, until I showed up with a relieving force of muskets and bombards and chased the Persians back over the border. The Cree army was also largely anti-cavalry forces; nary a melee or cavalry unit in sight for either nation. I'm unsure if this is a problem native to Civ6 itself, something made worse by the anti-cav change in Quo's, or just a factor of AI+ doing something funny because of the anti-cav change. But it might be something to consider; is there any way to let anti-cav remain ranged, but also let them capture cities?

15. isau

isau Warlord

Hmm. I haven't seen that behavior before. Interesting. I'm still on the fence about the Anti Cavalry as ranged units stuff. I'm not sure it really solved the Anti Cavalry issue.

I do know there is an AI issue with Support units doing the same thing though. Invasions of Battering Rams. Haha.

As for the second part, I'm not sure. Can the Persian unique unit capture cities? It was the unit that inspired the change originally. I know at first it couldn't capture cities, but I can't remember if it still can't.

16. Guynemer

Guynemer Chieftain

Heh. I haven't played vanilla in so long, I have no idea.

17. isau

isau Warlord

Heads up, there's a bug in release v6.0.2 where turning off the Aztec DLC causes a crash back to the menu. Mind you, every player by now should have the Aztec DLC. Just be aware that something weird in the last release caused it to suddenly required. I'll try to disable that again somehow. The error looks like this in the error logs and is coming from the logic that tells AI Monty to build his special wonder:

upload_2018-3-2_11-58-7.png

18. AzraelSorrow

AzraelSorrow Chieftain

Any idea how to make it so both scouts and settlers can begin embarking at astrology?

19. isau

isau Warlord

You'd have to pick one or the other. You can specify which units can embark at a tech in the Technologies table.

20. dudeSDCA

dudeSDCA Chieftain

@isau
    Just wanted to say thanks for all your work on this mod. It's really awesome. 5.09 is quite stable for me and the game's just not the same without your mod. so THANK YOU!