1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quo's Combined Tweaks v6.0.18 BETA

Combines various tweaks from the "Quo's" series into one package.

1. Guynemer

Guynemer Chieftain

Separate report: I have befriended Poundmaker, but I have not received an additional trade route, which is what the diplo screen says is his friendship bonus.

2. Eliminator_Sr

Eliminator_Sr Chieftain

Interesting. I can get AI+ and RWF to load fine but I'm unable to run your mod. It keeps kicking me back out to the main menu.

3. assuredgrp

assuredgrp Chieftain

I appreciate your work on this mod, but not working for me with R&F at all. Started with 5.0.8 and works fine in Vanilla, but when I add Rise and Fall, with each into message about Quo's Combined Tweaks, my display gets darker and darker, so that when the messages are finished, I am firmly in the dark! (See attached screenshot). Upgraded through to 6.0.0 with same problem. Game becomes unusable in this manner. Love the mod, but want to get familiar with R&F. Help!

Attached Files:

4. johncade

johncade Chieftain

Working fine for us in our multiplayer game using R&F, even fixed the desyncs we were having by changing my screen from borderless window to full screen, weird but worked.
    One issue though that my German opponent pointed out was the lack of a 5x gold income when capping a city during a golden age.

5. isau

isau Warlord

This bug is the tutorial system messing up because of the burst of free culture Sumeria gets throwing it out if wack. Its on the list of things that broke during the move from vanilla to r&f that needs fixing. If you can manage to hit the Next Turn button it should resolve itself.

6. Morgan Kane

Morgan Kane Chieftain

Should I select the Rise and Fall ruleset or the QUO ruleset when I start the game? Will the new features of Rise and Fall be implemented in the game if I choose QUO ruleset and the other way around?

7. isau

isau Warlord

You need to use the Rise and Fall ruleset. As of Rise and Fall this mod requires the expansion to work. This is on account of just not having time to test it in both the expansion and not-expanded environments.

The mod should no longer list any particular ruleset as the "Quo" ruleset in a pulldown. It used to in Vanilla, but that had to be changed for compatibility. Unfortunately due to how Rise and Fall is implemented it also meant the loss of the "Civilization Buffs Only" ruleset, which included the buffed civs but ignored all other aspects of mod. I don't have an ETA on when/if that old feature will return, or whether it is even technically possible.

8. isau

isau Warlord

This is an issue being reported with numerous mods. I am having the same issue with a few other popular mods. The source is an error in how Rise and Fall loads mods in relation to the DLC civs. Sometimes it prioritizes the mod over the DLC and that causes an issue.

Doing any of the following may make the mod work:
    • Disabling the DLC civs. This mod is written without assumptions about the DLC required, so turning them off may fix the problem and load the mod.
    • Search this forum for the "mod fix" code. It has to be manually inserted into the folders in the steamapps folders I believe. I have not done much testing with it. It "fixes" the DLC civs by inserting a LoadOrder value of 2, which should force them to load prior to this mod (which specifies a load order much later.)

Thanks for the bug report. This feature is really hard to test. I may just remove the "in a Golden Age" requirement because that no doubt is that part that is broken (this feature worked until I added that requirement).

9. isau

isau Warlord

Wow thanks for this bug report. I just had a look. NONE of the new civ bonuses should be working right now. They are created, but not properly assigned to the civs. I'll fix in a patch ASAP. Thanks for the report.

10. Guynemer

Guynemer Chieftain

Least I can do after all the enjoyment I've gotten out of your hard work on this mod.

11. jacktannery

jacktannery Chieftain

Hi isau, I'm playing with your mod (latest version 6.00 alpha) for the first time. It's working great, however I have come across 1 bug: I just won a great person, and recruited them, but the game seems to think I still need to recruit them and won't let me press end of turn. I've tried saving and reloading but it didn't work. Is this a known bug? I've never seen this happen in unmodded version. I am running your mod only.

12. isau

isau Warlord

I've never seen this before. Any chance you are friends with Brazil or there is an AI player who has the Great Person Advocate secret agenda? I wonder if this is related to the Great People Point refund they can provide.

13. isau

isau Warlord

isau updated Quo's Combined Tweaks with a new update entry:

Quo's Combined Tweaks v6.0.1 ALPHA for Rise and Fall

Read the rest of this update entry...

14. ease

ease Chieftain

Just had the same thing happen to me. I am Germany ( Barbarossa ) and only two civs I can see in game is Harald ( Norwegian ) & Chandragupta ( Indian ). Popped up to recruit a great person ( scientists ). Recruited him, then it asked again except none are able to be selected.

Using 6.0.1

15. assuredgrp

assuredgrp Chieftain

I received your email about 6.0.0 being an ALPHA and I understand, but my issue also occurred on 5.0.8 and 5.0.9. Every time a Quo's info dialog popped up, the screen got darker and darker until it was too dark to see. Is there a way to turn the dialog off? That would solve my issue.

Should it be of interest, specs on my graphics card follow:
    Radeon Software Version - 18.2.2
    Radeon Software Edition - Adrenalin
    Graphics Chipset - Radeon (TM) RX 480 Graphics
    Memory Size - 8192 MB
    Memory Type - GDDR5
    Core Clock - 1288 MHz
    Windows Version - Windows 10 (64 bit)
    System Memory - 32 GB
    CPU Type - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz
    Radeon Settings Version - 2018.0206.1847.33779
    Driver Packaging Version - 17.50.17.04-180206a-324065E-RadeonSoftwareAdrenalin
    Provider - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
    2D Driver Version - 8.1.1.1634
    Direct3D® Version - 9.14.10.01316
    OpenGL® Version - 6.14.10.13506
    OpenCL™ Version - 23.20.15017.4003
    AMD Mantle Version - 9.1.10.0237
    AMD Mantle API Version - 102400
    AMD Audio Driver Version - 10.0.1.6
    Vulkan™ Driver Version - 2.0.1
    Vulkan™ API Version - 1.0.65

16. ease

ease Chieftain

Also, not sure if this mod touched it but I noticed if you say no to an AI asking to send a delegation, they keep asking every other turn. Wasn't seeing this happen recently

17. DanaLea

DanaLea Chieftain Supporter

Why would you say no?

18. isau

isau Warlord

Ok it sounds like probably something is happening with the code that refunds Great Person Points. I'll have to dig into it to see if I can figure out what could bring that about.

To my knowledge, the bug with the darkening graphics is caused by by the Rise and Fall tutorial system when a player receives a tutorial pop-up prior to the three Welcome screens this mod injects. The issue is fixed (at least on my end) in v6.0.1 for all the civs I have encountered it with; mainly Sumeria and India. I haven't had the issue with other civs.

If you want to disable the pop-up entirely, you can go into the mod folders and rename the file in the Tutorial folder named TutorialScenarioBase.lua. Changing it's name to anything else should disable the pop-ups from occuring.

ease likes this.
  19. isau

isau Warlord

I don't think anything in this mod should effect delegate request rates. The AI is definitely persistent with them in general. In my experience they ask every 3-5 turns if you say no.

ease likes this.
  20. Nighthaven

Nighthaven Chieftain

I like this mod overall particularly the combat and wall concept but it's just wayyyyy too casual-friendly. There is simply too much food flying around too early making district decision-making a non-factor. There is no city planning challenge either.
    I see it now, population growing mid-game was carefully tuned and gated behind farm management, but this mod just mad it a non-factor.

So, how do I neuter all the food bonuses? I think they should be straight-out removed.

edit: as well as previous wild-cards, more +scientist, writer etc. pts on diplo slots? how do I revert that too? the other card changes are nice thou.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018