1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quo's Combined Tweaks v6.0.18 BETA

Combines various tweaks from the "Quo's" series into one package.

1. AzraelSorrow

AzraelSorrow Chieftain

Okay, so you can't have 2 on the same tech then? Is there a way I could make it so settlers could embark at the very beginning of the game then?

2. isau

isau Warlord

Correct. This is just a hazard of how Firaxis coded the ability to embark. Here's what it looks like in the Technologies table with Quo's Combined Tweaks loaded:

upload_2018-3-3_12-4-27.png

You are limited to just one UnitType per technology, since it's looking at the EmbarkUnitType field.

You could have the Settler embark at Pottery and the Scout embark at Astrology if you wanted. But you'd have to move the Trader that (in Quo's Combined Tweaks at least) already embarks at Astrology.

3. Fierro

Fierro Chieftain

So, I have just finished my first R&F game as Mapuche using 5.0.9 version of the mod.

Still enjoying the mod, but I feel like game needs some depth. And I'm not addressing it to you isau, you do great job! I just feel that even with new expansion developers left some new mechanics "unfinished" (for example, Emergencies). Also Golden Ages are quite easy to achieve, I didn't have Dark Age at all and only 2 times (including Anicent era) my empire was in Normal era. Maybe it's because I was aiming for Culture victory building numerous wonders and giving birth to many great people? I'm still afraid to switch on Emperor difficulty but on King it's quite easy to play. I ruled 6 city empire and only two of them had campuses which was completely enough to keep up with AI.

Is version 6.0.2 playable? Doesn't it break the game? Really want to try out new diplomacy mechanics you tested earlier and reintroduced in latest version of your mod.

Also regarding Mapuche: their buff (+1 vision and ignore zone of control) for land units looks like lazy design. Maybe effective but not interesting at all. I understand that otherwise this nation would be a bit more difficult to handle for victory but if I, let's say, played Mapuche with these buffs versus human, my opponents would probably lose badly. This is just my opinion, maybe other players agree with your decision? I personally felt fine playing with this nation, but feeling as if I'm cheating still didn't leave me.

Good luck!

4. Balerune

Balerune Chieftain

I have version 5.0.9 playing as Australia.
    Built the Venetian Arsenal and all my ports now give me 2 ships. Is this intended or is it fixed in other versions?
    Thanks.

5. Ferocitus

Ferocitus Warlord

Working as intended. It's quite powerful but fairly expensive.

6. isau

isau Warlord

isau updated Quo's Combined Tweaks with a new update entry:

Quo's Combined Tweaks v6.0.3 ALPHA

Read the rest of this update entry...

7. isau

isau Warlord

So FYI in my recent patch notes I used the term "Medieval walls" a lot. In fact, this should be referred to as a "Castle." Next release will correct the text to match what player's actually see in-game. Just so there's no confusion, Medieval Walls = Castle.

8. Fierro

Fierro Chieftain

Oh, an update just the day I already started new game :lol: Thank you for work, will watch for feedback.

9. isau

isau Warlord

The new patch is a rather big set of changes IMO, at least if you play aggressively. Part of what spawned them is playing a few games where passive "builder" AIs failed to build any Encampments and I was able to steam roll them into oblivion. I think overall they will be a big improvement over the simple "Walls require Barracks or Stable" rules, which were originally created around Nov 2016 when I 1) knew much less about code and 2) thought this mod was going to be a one-off thing I wouldn't bother to update. It's funny how many updates this mod has gotten since then, LOL. I never set out for a long term project, it just kind of turned into that when I realized I enjoy working with Civ 6.

[to_xp]Gekko likes this.
  10. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

and we enjoy the fruits of your work :D

by the way, will city states still get free walls after the latest changes? that really helps prevent them being gobbled up in the early game

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
  11. CurtnoAnna

CurtnoAnna Chieftain

You do great work. 89 updates in total. That's dedication. Much appreciated.

12. isau

isau Warlord

I'd like to have a conversation about the Civs that remain unmodded. The original reasoning for modding some civs but not others was that there were some that seemed to operate on a level of power far beyond other civs. Mainly, this was Scythia, Kongo, and the DLC civs.

Now that the mod has matured and we have an expansion pack, I'm not sure if my senses are still in point. Here are the civs that remain largely untouched (in some cases they have minor changes to an improvement or something small):
    • Nubia: Possibly the weakest entry on this list and most deserving of something to make her stand out. I can see minor changes to her, although I'm hard pressed to come up with something off the top of my head. It would likely be something involving ranged units to make her stand out even more, or extending the range of unique improvement.
    • Macedon: Just seems extremely powerful already with that city capture craziness
    • Persia: An overall strong set of abilities, and even buffed in Rise and Fall
    • Australia: Already has massive bonuses everywhere, and even a culture bomb
    • Zulu: If I changed anything I feel like it would have to be a lateral change, like Aztecs get
    • Scythia: The buy-one-get-one-free horse mechanic is unique to her.
    • Kongo: This civ is so unique to itself that I didn't mess with it. Seems powerful and interesting to me.

Also since Firaxis is making the Polder improvement similar to this mod in the next patch, Netherlands is effectively "untouched" as well. I don't know where she'll stand after the patch rolls out.

My questions are:
    • Do any of these need changes? Keep in mind changes could buff or debuff the civ, or change other things to make them more interesting. Korea, for example, didn't receive a buff in this mod but rather a reconfiguring of its bonuses. That's also mostly true of the Aztecs.
    • How about the civs I didn't list? Keep in mind the worst crime a civ can commit in my eyes is being boring, either to play as, or to play against. So that's the main consideration.

Thanks for your feedback. I can't guarantee I will make any particular changes to any civs, but I'd like to at least get a feel for what people are interested in.

13. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

you could check this out if you're looking for more ideas: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/quos-combined-tweaks-depth-expansion.617841/

the only one that comes to mind for me is the aztecs, I understand that due to the "snowball" nature of their UA they needed a nerf in the early game but I think you've gone a bit overboard. I'd change the Templo Mayor as such:

unlocked at Theology, cost 400, maintenance 0, amenities 0, built in a holy site instead of placed on its own tile.

alternatively the amenity it gives could be regional since it's hardly useful in a city with a -4 penalty to food, then it could stay at maintenance 1

on an unrelated note, the ambassador's suite looks like it would be perfect as a government building in R&F

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
  14. Guynemer

Guynemer Chieftain

Truthfully, I haven't played most of the civs you listed. The ones that I have--Australia, Kongo, Scythia--I am in complete agreement. They are powerful and/or unique enough that they don't need changing.

15. isau

isau Warlord

So there's a bug/unintended consequence that exists in v6.0.3 that will require patching. The issue is that when a city is captured, there is baked-in code that causes buildings in the city center get damaged. For example:

upload_2018-3-6_10-25-52.png

The issue is that you can't repair the building once it is damaged.

This is one of those catch-22 situations that exists in the current code base. I can restrict the building from being built... but doing that restricts repair.

I am not sure yet what it will take to fix this. It could be as easy as finding the right field to prevent the buildings from being destroyed on capture, but from my experience it isn't that easy. Definitely a frustrating thing though. I'll update once I find a solution. In the meanwhile just realize that once a city falls, it will never have walls again... :D

16. isau

isau Warlord

BTW if any of you have all of the DLC and are also using the AI+ mod, and want a pretty amazing start as the Mapuche, I attached the map from the screenshot above. I won't spoil some of the action this map holds for you, but the landscape, placement of natural wonders, and civs aboard this one are a wild combination. Emperor difficulty.

(Note: Again to play this save you need Quo's Combined Tweaks v6.0.3, all Civ 6 DLC, and the latest version of AI+ to play).

Good luck!

upload_2018-3-6_11-50-48.png

Attached Files:

[to_xp]Gekko likes this.
  17. isau

isau Warlord

isau updated Quo's Combined Tweaks with a new update entry:

Quo's Combined Tweaks v6.0.4 ALPHA for Rise and Fall

Read the rest of this update entry...

18. AnahNeemus

AnahNeemus Chieftain

Hey Isau. By using your mod, Arabia cannot build commercial hubs. Does this mean this civilization won't benefit from most, if not all, of the great merchants? Does this also mean that this civilization will never be able to build wonders like Big Ben and Great Zimbabwe?

EDIT: I just looked into your sql file named 'Quo_Civ_Code'. It seems the answer to my question is there. I read the modifications you gave to Arabia. I saw there that you did forbid Arabia from buying Great Merchants since they have no commercial zones. So I assume that Arabia can't also build certain wonders, then? Is this correct?

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
  19. isau

isau Warlord

Arabia is blocked from receiving Great Merchants in any form, similar to how Kongo is blocked from receiving Great Prophets. They can still build Wonders that provide GM points or play Policy cards that would normally provide them, but they will never receive a Merchant for their efforts, just like Kongo can build Stonehenge but won't actually receive a Prophet. In Arabia's case this is mainly because they would have no spot to expend the Merchant in a case where they got one.

20. AnahNeemus

AnahNeemus Chieftain

Thank you. So, for example, Arabia can't build the Big Ben, then? Big Ben requires a city to have a bank, which requires a commercial hub.