Quo's Combined Tweaks

Quo's Combined Tweaks v7.0.19 BETA

Agreed.

Also, if anyone out there is a Mac user, I was able to get version 5.0.9 working on my Mac, all DLC, R&F. I did manually update my game with the files from the march patch (which we don't have yet).

Now I'm working through the list of the mods I like finding the ones that work. It's a slow process. Once I'm done I'll be able to play again... for a little while... until the next set of changes... which break them again. *sigh

Hey Isau. I'm not rushing you or obliging you, but do you have plans to update your mod's overview page soon?

I don't know if it is a mod or general bug but when have attacked and won a city or civ and one of the other AI are also at war with that civ; the troops of the other warring AI civ remain in the cities of the defeated civ (which I now hold) without an open borders agreement. The only way I can get them out is to declare war on them.

Anyone else have this problem?

Love the mod. I haven't play a vanilla game since the mod came out.:goodjob:

Isau: Using QCT's with Rule With Faith is, in two words, fudging amazing. The one and only thing that I think throws the balance off is QCT's boost to Great Prophet points from Holy Sites, as that rolls over to the new Great Theologian points as well. Is there some code I could put into the MyTweaks to return the Holy Site GP points back to baseline?

Isua,
From Hell Mode Change Log of QCT::"
Tier 3: In addition to all of the above, AIs receive:
Any units they kill in other civs territory reduce Loyalty there by -20. This works exactly like the Mapuche ability with the same effect, except all your enemies have it.
Units heal even if they moved or attack that turn.
"
Tier 4 could add +5 strength to all AI units and +50 to all AI defense? and in the base Mod add an ability to add food to the pastures 0 == no add +1 = add 1;2=add 2 >>> up to a limit of +5 the pasture fans.....
-jeff

Isau: Using QCT's with Rule With Faith is, in two words, ******* amazing. The one and only thing that I think throws the balance off is QCT's boost to Great Prophet points from Holy Sites, as that rolls over to the new Great Theologian points as well. Is there some code I could put into the MyTweaks to return the Holy Site GP points back to baseline?

Try putting a version of this in the MyScratchpad:

Code:
UPDATE District_GreatPersonPoints SET PointsPerTurn='1' WHERE GreatPersonClassType='GREAT_PERSON_CLASS_PROPHET' AND DistrictType='DISTRICT_HOLY_SITE' ;
UPDATE District_GreatPersonPoints SET PointsPerTurn='2' WHERE GreatPersonClassType='GREAT_PERSON_CLASS_PROPHET' AND DistrictType='DISTRICT_LAVRA' ;

You can change the values as appropriate. (The mod normally sets these values to 3 and 4, respectively).

Isua,
From Hell Mode Change Log of QCT::"
Tier 3: In addition to all of the above, AIs receive:
Any units they kill in other civs territory reduce Loyalty there by -20. This works exactly like the Mapuche ability with the same effect, except all your enemies have it.
Units heal even if they moved or attack that turn.
"
Tier 4 could add +5 strength to all AI units and +50 to all AI defense? and in the base Mod add an ability to add food to the pastures 0 == no add +1 = add 1;2=add 2 >>> up to a limit of +5 the pasture fans.....
-jeff

Not bad ideas. I don't have specific plans for Hell Mode level 4 yet. I'm still looking at level 3 and seeing if it needs tweaks. To my immense frustration, even an AI with dozens of planes still won't use them (as far as I've seen). I've seen the AI use planes only when I set them up in very specific QA conditions, and even then, not reliably. I do think the late game looks really cool though with all those planes flying around, so I suppose that's something.

To be honest I probably should have set an extra condition like "Each city with at least 10 population" or something for the plane unlock. But for now it stays as is.

The tech is still too fast. Is there a way to slow the tech and civic??

Yeah, in the ScratchPad file... (don't forget to uncomment them by removing the -- before the word UPDATE)

upload_2018-4-29_16-48-54.png

Hi, I noticed that not all the civs are listed under Friendship Bonuses. Do some of the civs not have them yet?

Keep up the great work on this mod by the way! I use it in my multiplayer games and it improves the experience greatly, although the civ unbalance is still a struggle.

Hi, I noticed that not all the civs are listed under Friendship Bonuses. Do some of the civs not have them yet?

Keep up the great work on this mod by the way! I use it in my multiplayer games and it improves the experience greatly, although the civ unbalance is still a struggle.

Hmm which civs aren't listed? They should all have them now. As long as the option is set in MyOptions, any modded civs should also have them (altho for anyone that isn't a Firaxis civ the friendship gift will always be +1 Trade Route).

Hmm which civs aren't listed? They should all have them now. As long as the option is set in MyOptions, any modded civs should also have them (altho for anyone that isn't a Firaxis civ the friendship gift will always be +1 Trade Route).
The civs that came with R&F don't seem to be listed in the thread.

isau updated Quo's Combined Tweaks with a new update entry:

Quo's Combined Tweaks v6.0.10 ALPHA

This minor update adjust a few minor settings in light of the Spring 2018 patch.

• The production cost of Settlers is no longer discounted by 50%
  • Mapuche
    • Now unlock one strategic resource per ancient Civic capable of boosts (slight nerf from unlocking all strategic resources on Turn 1)
  • Poland
    • Reduced Anti-Cavalry extra movement to +1 (down from +2)
    • Polish Anti-Cavalry can now move after attacking (Jadgwiga's kingdom is pole-land indeed!)

Read the rest of this update entry...

So I think I need t take yet another look at the Mapuche's early unlock of strategic resources. I hadn't thought of it as particularly powerful beyond allowing you to spot the resources early and plan cities accordingly, but then I tried a game where I selected the +2 production from strategic resources pantheon and with decent luck it's easy to end up with tiles producing +7 production by turn 30. One possible option would be to place a production penalty on revealed strategics until you unlock the tech that officially reveals them, although I admit this would involve a lot of code. A second option is a blanket penalty that exists until you get to a certain tech or civic and then it uncorks them all.

Good evening, Mr. Isau and many thanks for your amazing mod.
I have a question regarding the agenda flavours:
If I meet a Dotard, I get the bonus if I declare war on that specific civilization. Do I have to stay at war until either the end of the game or I change my government in order to maintain the benefit? Or could I make peace after some time and keep my bonus until I change the government? A similar question regarding the weasel flavour, can I make peace or I need to be continuously at war in order to keep the bonus?

Isau, do you know a handy little piece of code I can add to the scratch pad that can negate the growth and other bonuses for my cites being ecstatic? I can't stand dealing with housing and amenities as much as the game forces me to, so I have added some from the get-go. But it pushed all my cites into ecstatic status, and I don't need all my cites in that mode for the entire game. If it's too complicated then I understand. I'll look at the workshop for something as well.

Good evening, Mr. Isau and many thanks for your amazing mod.
I have a question regarding the agenda flavours:
If I meet a Dotard, I get the bonus if I declare war on that specific civilization. Do I have to stay at war until either the end of the game or I change my government in order to maintain the benefit? Or could I make peace after some time and keep my bonus until I change the government? A similar question regarding the weasel flavour, can I make peace or I need to be continuously at war in order to keep the bonus?

For any of the Secret Agendas, you get the bonus as long as you continue to meet the requirements of the flavor. So, for a Dotard, you get it while at war and sharing the same form of government. For Weasels, you get it as long as you are at war with neighbors (the "at war" part can be a bit tricky tho, I think its actually looking at whether you have attacked an enemy city during the current war.) In this way it works similar to the Friendship bonuses; the bonus cuts off the moment you are no longer friends.

To be honest, altho I like the Secret Agenda system and it took a loooong time to code compared to the rest of the mod, I'm still not happy with the way it reports to you which agendas you've satisfied. Ideally I would add a in-game screen to show what's going on with the secret agendas. But, that's challenging while still trying to remain compatible with mods like CQUI. For most agendas (it doesn't currently work for Paragon due to a bug) you should be able to tell whether its unlocked based on the leader's list of + and - attitudes toward you. It will say something about them being pleased or annoyed (if they are a Dotard) about you satisfying their agenda.

A complicating factor is that you get the bonus even if you can't actually see it in the diplomacy screens due to lacking diplomatic visibility. I had hoped to be able to make it work only if you had visibility for most agendas (not Dotard since your visibility drops when you declare war). But I had trouble setting it up in the Requirements system. In truth, there aren't a whole lot of "relational" requirements in general, just some stuff around Friends, Allies, and so on.

I'm still deciding what to do with this set of systems. On the one hand I like the interest it brings to actually figuring out AI agendas. On the other, it hasn't quite thrived as a feature as much I had hoped. This feature is also why the mod has stayed in an "Alpha" stage for so long since the feature's release.

Isau, do you know a handy little piece of code I can add to the scratch pad that can negate the growth and other bonuses for my cites being ecstatic? I can't stand dealing with housing and amenities as much as the game forces me to, so I have added some from the get-go. But it pushed all my cites into ecstatic status, and I don't need all my cites in that mode for the entire game. If it's too complicated then I understand. I'll look at the workshop for something as well.

I just looked and nothing stuck out to me right away as a way to control this setting. What did you change in order to add more amenities?

Last edited:
Hey guys, FYI here's a preview of what's coming up:
  • Review a couple of early-unlock unique improvements and abilities and possibly doing some tuning back. The Mapuche early resource unlock for example will likely see another nerf of some kind.
  • I think Ziggurats, specifically, are currently giving too much early science. I like their radial science effect, but think I will delay the radial effect til the mid game instead of unlocking right away.
  • For some of the civs with Friendship bonuses that provide access to a Unique Improvement, make sure the UI is useful but not game changing good. Right now I think the Sphinx is useful. The Ziggurat and Paradazai on the other hand are a little too good to be true.
  • Take another look at Anti-Cavalry. We're getting there, but even as Ranged units they still aren't performing like they should IMO. I think its mainly that they cost too many hammers.
  • Re-consider the Ranged attack on Melee boats. It works and all, the problem is the AI is too dumb to actually take cities with boats at all now, even where before they easily could. Likely the change will just involve flipping the "recommended" MyOption setting to 0 for this feature but leaving it in place for anyone who wants to continue using it.
  • Possible edits to some legacy policy cards. Autocracy, for example, could lose the +1 to all yields effect.
  • Finalize the Mysterium secret resource introduced for Scythia and expand some on its qualities. At a min it needs a strategic map icon.
  • Look for more opportunities for unique combat styles. I really like how the +1 Range for Ranged units and Move After Attacking worked out for Nubia and Scythia. I want to introduce about 4 or 5 more "wild" combat styles of this nature. It's always a challenge making sure its reasonably balanced. But I think there are opportunities out there for some fun new ways to experience the game, both as the attacker and the defender.

Top Bottom