Quot Capita: Majesty

So here is what is on the agenda for next version:

-The Bugs causing the game to crash that are related to graphics, bad xml or revolution will be fixed.
-All civilizations that do not currently have more than one leader will receive one new leader.
-I am going to add some Steampunk inspired units to the late Renaissance/Industrial Age, how this will work with existing unit lines is still being decided.

I'm up for suggestions on what else to change or include.

It might be one of the bugs I'm working on fixing in the version I'm working on emidurand.

I did find afew art related bugs, which were causing a game crash, the main problem right now is with Revolutions. Every civilization needs to have at least two leaders, which is what I'm working on now with help from Drakar.

If you would like to help with this it would be awesome. Having you play the mod is awesome enough though. ;)

Yuppers. Sorry for the delay kiddo, We're moving into our new house. So there is going to be a bit of delay before I can get you the secondary leaders that you want. Apparently, that takes priority over Civ according to the significant other rule book ( she seemed rather insistent about it for some reason, go figure :mischief:)

It might be one of the bugs I'm working on fixing in the version I'm working on emidurand.

I did find afew art related bugs, which were causing a game crash, the main problem right now is with Revolutions. Every civilization needs to have at least two leaders, which is what I'm working on now with help from Drakar.

If you would like to help with this it would be awesome. Having you play the mod is awesome enough though. :)

Thank you so much for your reply! I would love to help you. I play Civilization since the first release, on the Amiga ... and fell in love ever since.
The issue is that I don't know how to help you except through some ideas. I've only ever worked on XML.

Ps. I solved the problem with the save by creating a scenario that began before that date. From there on everything went smoothly. I think the problem was (my fault) that I changed the settings from saves to try new things. Now it works fine, since I started a new game without making more changes.

I'm glad you fixed it I was worried it was another problem on my end :blush:

I always appreciate ideas by the way.

Unfortunately, the crash actually still appears. I need to create a new scenario every time and is a little frustrating, but at least it works for now. I was unable to get to the age at the time of the Renaissance, and this allows me to stretch the game to several turns, but it is not a permanent solution. I tried playing with all the original files and I think you're right when you say that might be a problem with the art, as even with the original xml game crashes.

I don't know why, I have the impression that there may be something that has to do with religion. The first ctd appeared to me as soon intensified the activities of the missionaries, and I had several crashes as soon as it began to discover religions with "limited religions" and "choose religion" included, but it could be a case. Unfortunately, as I said, I can not read the Python, so I do not understand the reasons for these errors. :sad:

In any case, if you needed a hand ...:D

Thanks anyway!! ;)

Yeah, there has definitely been something wrong with the religion associated python awile now. Limited Religion and Choose Religions does not work, and Free Religion civic will not change your religion to "No State Religion". The game will work when the Choose and Limited Religion options aren't activated. I will have to see about those options.

It's the Limited Religions option. Vinz took it out of his mod and just left in Choose Religion, as it's python. I believe the AND 2 and C2C mod teams may have fixed this issues.

I want everyone's opinion on this. One way of solving many of the second leader problems is by having Native Civilizations evolve into Latin American nations later.

I already have done this with the Mexica(Aztecs). I am strongly considering doing this with Chimor(will evolve into Bolivia) and the Arawak(will evolve into Cuba).

Do you think this is a viable solution to some of these civilizations?

Definitely! It makes sense.

I hope this wasn't talked about before in this thread, but I was going to post an error, but I found a solution to it. But I might as well alert you about it: The Part 2 of the download apparently wasn't able to be extracted by WinRAR, all because the folder "Quot Capita" had a space at the end of the name instead of an underscore. Apparently WinRAR didn't like that for reasons unknown to me, so I suggest changing the file name and reuploading Part 2 to prevent any more problems people might have with this.

Also, whenever I start a new city to start the game, it freezes, and I checked the Event Viewer and it says that the CvGameCoreDLL.dll caused the crash. Not sure why it's happening, but hopefully there's a solution.

One more adjustment for your next version, SoG, if you haven't already done this... Torpedo boats should not be able to go under ice since they are not submersible.

SoG, when I download the first part of this mod, it isn't a .rar file like I expect. There doesn't seem to be a file extension. Will it work if I just add the .rar to my download?

EDIT: I'm having a brutal time getting this new version working. I keep getting a CTD almost immediately after starting a new game.

EDIT: Playing as the Minoans, as soon as I settle my first city I get a CTD. I've tried this a few times.

EDIT: Playing as the Armenians seems to work.

Sorry for my long absence folks, problems with internet and Mother Nature ( She decided to take out our wireless tower during our last storm :().

SOG; Give me a bit to catch up on all my threads and I'll start working on the secondary leaders I promised so long ago :blush:.

Top Bottom