Quot Capita: Majesty

The problem is that ...\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Quot Capita\Resource\Civ4.thm points to Rise of Erebus mod. I suppose that those having it in their mods folder won't get any error.

A quick and easy solution is to open Civ4.thm with a text editor and change the references from
Code:
// Set the resource 
resource_path	"Mods/Rise from Erebus/Resource";

// Setup common properties
include		"Mods/Rise from Erebus/Resource/Themes/Civ4/Civ4Theme.thm";
to
Code:
// Set the resource 
resource_path	"Mods/Quot Capita/Resource";

// Setup common properties
include		"Mods/Quot Capita/Resource/Themes/Civ4/Civ4Theme.thm";

This fixed it! Was able to launch and start a game.

But then this is what the screen looked like when I started:

Looks like there are some other bad references or something.

Ah yes, the dreaded BT's (Black Tiles). C2C is notorious for this. I believe it has to do with the custom assets folder. You could check in the C2C sub-forums, as I think there is a specific fix for this.

I am playtesting, should be done soon. Just want to make sure I don't put out something unplayable.

Just as a preview

-I've added numerious new art styles for several of the new civilizations, such as Phoenicia, Vietnam or Nubia
-New leaderhead art for several old leaders like Isabella or Taharqa.
-Almost all new leaders have both new diplomusic and first contact text
-I've further encorporated Chiyu's future era into the already existing Future era Avain created, the future ship classes are back.
-New Civs created by myself make their mod debut.
-Further fleshing out of the Ancient, Classical and Medeival ages.

I'm going to remove afew unessasary files as well to cut down on the mod size before I upload it to moddb(thanks again for suggesting that site btw).

Nice SOG, really looking forward to it. QC has been one of my fav's for a long time now.

Thanks for this modSOG. I downloaded it yesterday and it seems to work good. Im really looking forward to play more - QC used to be my absolute fav mod.

I've been playing with the first version you posted and ran into a persistent CTD in the early Renaissance. Would you be able to debug what's going on if I post a save?

Thats the MAF error I mentioned. It happens when you have over a certain amount of civilizations and the game just can't handle it. This will happen if you have Vassal States, Revolutions and Barbarian states all enabled at the same time, which is why I mentioned it in the OP.

Only "fix" unfortunately is to play a game with only one of the following enabled: 1. Vassal States 2. Revolutions or 3. Barbarian civs

A smaller map also may help. I'm sorry I can't help further

Started with 11 including mine. So another, say, 4 for rev's - doesn't seem like that many.

The game wasn't running slow up to that point - seems like I'd see some signs of it bogging down if it's running out of resources.

I think it may be a problem with the Revolution mod combined with losts of additional modular civilizations. I'm looking into this problem, I'm most likely going to ask around to see if theres been similiar issues with other mods and if they have a solution.

All I know is that the Destiny mod(by Smeagolheart) was based on Extra, and he wanted to include Revolutions, but warned not to use it because it was causing problems. Also, Extra by Chiyu has lots of new civilizations, but does not have the Revolutions mod.

Just did some testing, I've run into the same COD error in the Renaiissnce, I'm not sure what is causing the error, I assumed it was a MAF type error, because I've seen that afew times when playing with Revolutions, but this game I have that component disabled.

I'm new to civ4 modding so forgive me for the errors, I'm trying my best here .

Top Bottom